“Kudos to gurupriya”

Ranked #40 of 76 Hotels in Kodaikanal
Chennai
“Kudos to gurupriya”
Reviewed 29 September 2011

Fantastic hotel, Value for Money,Superb Hospitality,.....I can go on and on.....wonderful stay, Clean, neat and HUGEEEEE rooms, I highly recommend this hotel......We were lucky to be PART of a TAMILPOPULAR DAILY SERIAL which was being shot at THIS VERY HOTEL......Thanks to Senthil kumar the propritor Who Called me from FRANCE and ensured I was taken care like a KING by his staff. KUDOS to Gurupriya

• Stayed September 2011, travelled with family
1 Thank Lokesh116

Solo
Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (24)
Bengaluru, India
Reviewed 5 September 2011

The hotel is nicely placed within the vicinity of all the other start hotels, its a great choice for the medium budget in mind....clean rooms and spacious in its class. One thing I would like to mention is that all the Housekeepers and the Management are too supportive. The owner is a humble and a nice person who hears to your requests and arranges the same immediately. The room boy was very helpful and instantly became a next door friend.

Overall a must stay place for people who have budget in mind and yet would like to experience a star service and comfort. Food was delicious and cheap.

We will surely visit this place again...we recommend this hotel to anyone who wish to visit Kodikanal..

Vivek.S
Bangalore
Stayed at Gurupriya (02-09-2011 to 05-09-2011)

Room Tip: book online through makemytrip and specify your requirements
  • Stayed September 2011, travelled as a couple
2 Thank vevac
Berlin, Germany
Reviewed 19 June 2011

If you happen to need lodging in Kodaikanal or surroundings, it's a choice you shouldn't miss.... Located amidst the city center and accessible quite easily, with most of the happening places a walking distance... 24h service and really nice rooms (parquet floors) on par with esteemed luxury class hotels. This hotel will cover all your basic needs, nice and clean... Price / Quality ratio, i would say nearing 0.9...
I cannot say how busy it looks on a weekday, but during the holidays it was very quiet, serene and tranquil place to stay... I must definitely mention my admiration on the administration to have facilities for food, travel and medicals...
Excellent service on and off the reception... very supportive and suggestive staffs... People incharge with abundant knowledge on the surroundings... My family enjoyed their stay in the hotel...All in all, an experience we might repeat in the future.

• Stayed April 2011, travelled with family
5 Thank Rajeshkumar23
Chennai (Madras), India
Reviewed 26 February 2011

Nice hotel to stay in Kodai hills with a tight budget. The rooms are clean and tidy. The hospitality is too good. Nice food for nominal price. I enjoyed eating whenever I ate from this hotel.

I had no trouble with this hotel. Right from check in to check out the hotel staff all across extended their courtesy to us for being their guest. I will recommend this hotel to my friends.

• Stayed May 2010, travelled with family
1 Thank saburs
Paris, France
Reviewed 31 December 2010

After reading the earlier comment, I was little reluctant. But one of my friends suggested to stay there and told me that the hotel is with a new management, so the earlier comment may be void. I enjoyed the stay, the guy at the front office told me that have started renovating and refurbishing the entire hotel. I stayed in one of the renovated rooms and we all like it. Hope they will complete the renovation soon, I will be visiting again with friends during the month of April/May.

• Stayed December 2010, travelled with family