“Smitten by bed bugs.”

We can't find prices for this hotel
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this hotel, but we can search other options in Kodaikanal
Hotel Valley View Inn
Ranked #47 of 77 Hotels in Kodaikanal
Mumbai
“Smitten by bed bugs.”
Reviewed 26 June 2013

First let me talk abou the positives:
The location of the hotel is very close to the main bus stand.
The food they serve is good but certainly priced higher.
Now the negatives:
Once I checked in I was told that the breakfast can be served in my room, but when I called the reception to place the order I was told that there is no room service and that I have to walk in to the restaurant.I went to the restaurant and it took them an eternity to serve the breakfast and that too after creating a lot of fuss.
Second thing is when we checked the bed there were some fleas / bugs and when I woke up the next day I had bed bug bite marks over my right shoulder and it looked really bad. So people who are really keen on cleanliness can take a wise call themselves about checking in or not.
Also the front desk manager was extremely rude in telling me that I have to check out as I am 30 minutes over my stipulated check out time and once I had checked out he had the guts to call me to offer a cab to visit a particular place (I never asked for any at the first place).
Kodaikanal just makes up for all these issues by presenting it's pristine beauty and calmness.It is such a wonderful place and I would definitely make it a point to visit it one or more number of times.

• Stayed June 2013, travelled with family
Review collected in partnership with Cleartrip

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (21)
Reviewed 24 June 2013

Hotel was good and clean, near to bus stand and restaurant. Approach road to this Hotel is very stinky . Hotel staff was providing room cleaning services if we pushthem. we got room at -1 level. It didn't have any natural light because of that room had moisture all the time

Room Tip: Higher floor rooms have good view
  • Stayed May 2013, travelled with family
1 Thank SILENT_VALLEY_RESORT
davanagere
Reviewed 30 January 2013

The hotel was good..located very near to bus stand and the city. clean and neat. room service was ok. food served in the attached restaurant was also ok but little costlier compared to similar kind of restaurants. But the road leading to the hotel was very dirty and smelling like hell.

• Stayed January 2013, travelled as a couple
2 Thank namadev
Reviewed 29 January 2013

It was a value for money hotel. Very clean and friendly staff. The quality of service needs to be improved though. The only hitch was that they don't provide additional services in case of emergency. I wanted a quilt as it was too cold to survive, but they refused stating that we only have blankets and you shouldn't have opted for a scenic view room then. strange!! Overall nice and cozy stay.

• Stayed December 2012, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 26 September 2012

Had booked a double deluxe room at this hotel through a travel portal (Make My Trip) and had received a mail confirmation from the portal and a subsequent verbal confirmation from the hotel manager. The next evening was called by the portal helpdesk to tell us THAT OUR BOOKING HAD TO BE CANCELLED AS THE HOTEL LATER CAME UP WITH THE EXPLANATION THAT NO ROOMS WERE AVAILABLE. This was roughly 8-9 hours after the same man from the hotel end had provided us with the verbal confirmation.

So, we moved on with a different hotel. Please avoid this one as far as possible given their "reliability" and "outstanding professionalism". It is a real pity that such goofy places still survive.

Room Tip: Forget rooms, please avoid this hotel.
Stayed September 2012, travelled as a couple
3 Thank Shom_Blr

Travellers are raving about these Kodaikanal hotels

Chennai (Madras), India
Reviewed 24 September 2012

Hi,
We stayed in value view in hotel for 3 days in mp plan (i.e. with breakfast and dinner plan).

The breakfast and dinner was very worst (without salt and spices they delivered the food to us) and if we order something they will directly say it’s not comes under complementary. It’s not at all complementary we paid 800 Rupees for food. Please don’t prefer this hotel with food plan.

• Stayed September 2012, travelled with family
2 Thank 9952
Mumbai (Bombay), India
Reviewed 18 September 2012

that is what the rooms look like.shady.stinky and torn carpets.impolite manager,and the view is of huts and strain yourself to see some valley(that too from the corner rooms.loud speakers blaring....and i don't want to go on.don't go by the pics on the net.treat yourself better.stay somewhere else would be my suggestion.

• Stayed September 2012, travelled as a couple