“Nice and lovely stay at Kodai” 5 of 5 bubbles
Review of Kodai Resort

Kodai Resort
Ranked #4 of 75 Hotels in Kodaikanal
Aluva, India
“Nice and lovely stay at Kodai”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 22 October 2013

This is first review in trip advisor.I thought of it because of the pleasant stay at Kodai resort.I felt like ,I should share this with other travelers.I travelled with my family and we stayed there for 3days.Regarding the resort, they provide best service,excellent food and great ambience.The main attraction fo Kodai resort is that,its very near to Coakers walk,The lake and Bryant Park and also they have small childrens play area with some ducks,emus and some birds....Even we can enjoy some garden fresh fruits......
Its a lovely place to stay.....

• 3 of 5 bubbles
    • 5 of 5 bubbles

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (194)
Bengaluru, India
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 21 October 2013

Warning: A long review. Those who want a shorter version, see the first para.

A good hotel with medium budget for a pleasant stay. Good and tasty buffet breakfast. Helpful staff, daily calls to rooms to check whether stay was comfy, travel desk arrangement for sight seeing, campfire in the night. Clean and good smelling rooms.

Let me start with booking. I had a terrible experience with another hotel (you can check my previous reviews) on booking and wasted a couple of days without any response. So, I decided to go for Kodai resort and started booking as mentioned in Tripadvisor site. I had made booking through travelguru.com and after booking called up the General Manager (Mr.John) to confirm the bookings. He replied that travelguru is a reliable partner of the resort and normally bookings made are reflected at the hotel after a certain time. I also had got a 10% discount on the tariff from travelguru. I called up the reception to confirm the bookings a day before our journey and the receptionist confirmed the booking and also guided us on the directions to reach the hotel.

Reaching the hotel was not a problem as sign boards are there in Kodai. On reaching the hotel, I was asked the booking receipt/invoice from travelguru and an identity proof which I had carried. (In the age of technology, sms confirmation or e-invoice should have been sufficient - One point for Kodai Resort to improve). Check in was smooth and I was given room number 18 near the play area. Bellboys had carried my luggage from Parking lot to the room and gave us the idea on what is available and what is not available. Parking space is just adequate in the hotel.

Location: The USP of Kodai Resort is its location. Its very near to Coaker's Walk (50 metres), Bryant Park(50 metres), Kodai Lake (300 metres), Kodai Bus stand and Kodai Market. There are a lot of restaurants in the nearby areas in case you don't want to have the in-house food.

Rooms: Rooms were very clean and we had a living room, a bedroom, a bathroom/toilet and also a small piece of garden in the front with wooden seating. There were complimentary water bottles (2 of them) kept every day in the room. A coffee maker with tea/coffee powder, milk powder and sugar also was available. We were also provided with a couple of in room slippers which were very clean. No fans and air-conditioning was there in the room as the climate of Kodai does not warrant that. The bed was neatly maintained with blankets and also we had a small bedding in the living room which was used by my son. Bathrooms contained soaps, moisturizer and a shampoo for usage which was replaced every day (though on one day we had to remind them to send the moisturizer) and also had one hair dryer.

Service: Every day there was a call in the morning to check whether the stay was comfortable. We had requested additional bath towels which were provided quite fast and also we needed a couple of sugar/tea packets as we were a family of four, which was also sent quite fast. Hot water is available in morning and evening at prescribed timings only. One point of improvement I want to suggest is to have hot water availability at least from 6:00 pm in the evening to morning 11:00 am, so that guest can plan their travel properly.

Sleep Quality: In case you don't want to enjoy the campfire and music and want to sleep early(before 10), would suggest to take a room away from that so that you are not disturbed by the music. Anyways, the music ended by 9:45 pm and sleep was very comfortable in the night.
The linens were changed and neatly arranged every day morning.
Garden: Another appealing point is the garden and the flowers present in the hotel. They have wide collections of flora in the hotel and its a treat to the eyes. Various types of flowers and ornamental plants are present every where in the hotel. They have a big play area (which acts as a campfire in the night) but limited playing equipment (one see-saw, one slide and a one climbing bar). The garden also has a few rabbits, turkeys and two Emu birds.

Children Activities: This is one area which I am not very happy about the hotel. The open space helps children in playing there, however they could have provided more playing equipments like badminton rackets etc. There is a room where in you can play TT, Chess and other board games. (though we did not get much assistance in getting the coins for the board games).

Breakfast: Only food I had here was the breakfast which was complimentary, as I was not in hotel during other times. Excellent breakfast with lots of varieties of food and those kept changing everyday. Will give an excellent rating here. Suresh and team was always providing a quick and class service with a smiling face.

Check out: Check out was smooth process and I had a couple of feedback forms to be filled. They helped us in moving out quickly. One point to improve for them is that I am still waiting for the email invoice which I have asked them to mail to my email id as they had some printing issues when I checked out. Also, as the hotwater was available only from 6:00 in the morning, I had to wait till that for check out.

Points for improvement:
1. Provide hotwater
2. Accept SMS confirmations for e-bookings.
3. Provide the check out receipt/invoice at the time of check out or please mail the same.

Will I stay here again?: Of course, yes.

Room Tip: In case you are with kids, ground floor would be good. If you are coming without kids, take a room...
3 Thank msvariar
Perumbavoor, India
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 20 October 2013

I stayed in the Kodai Resort Hotel during the Navarathri Holidays with my family and really enjoyed. Kodaikanal was full of tourists during the holidays and we decided to stay back in the resort itself. The best part is that the resort has very many things to entertain the guests and spend time on. The well maintained lawn and a beautiful garden with all kind of fruits is the main attraction. Even though the resort was full, we could get utmost privacy in our cottage. Each cottage has a private garden and balcony. Sitting on the balcony, we could see a large part of Kodaikanal.

The Koker's walk is just 50 Mtrs away from the resort and it helped us taking us an early morning walk. The lake and park are just within 200 mtrs. from the resort and that helped us saving time in the traffic.

The restaurant and food served are of outstanding quality. The staff too are very helpful. Above all, the rooms are reasonably priced.

Room Tip: Rooms at the bottom level has the lawn right in front.
2 Thank Baiju N
Bengaluru, India
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 16 October 2013

I have been travelling all over India and abroad and must have stayed in more than 200-250 hotels and I rate Kodai Resort Hotel as the best in class when it comes to service. Excellently trained staff will really take care of your needs. Right from the security guard to receptionist to room service boys to luggage attendants to restaurant staff etc., you will just not fine any fault in service. All strive very hard to keep you happy. The stay was excellent and memorable. The breakfast and dinner is too elaborate with wide varieties. Taste of food is good and it is served hot.

1 Thank accudin
Thrissur, India
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 14 October 2013

I have been to kodai resort with my family.Its very good place with excellent service and quality food.We had a comfortable stay here.They have a good garden with lots of flowers.I would love revisit kodai resort during the flowering season....

1 Thank shijisunil
Kochi
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 11 October 2013

We were looking for a calm and quiet place close to nature, so we chose Kodai Resort Hotel for our honeymoon stay. It is close to all the major attractions in Kodaikanal, like Coakers walk.
Rest assured in the fact that the cottages have a romantic feel with absolute privacy. There's no compromise on cleanliness, neatness or luxury either!
To top it all, their room service is prompt and excellent! You can rely on them to satisfy your every need during your stay. Every cottage has it's own private garden or terrace with a breathtaking view. The lawn is beautiful and well kept. They even arrange a campfire or barbeque on request! These guys make it a point to cater to every guest's needs - that's the best part. The multicuisine restaurant serves real tasty food. They also take you on a sightseeing trip to places in and around Kodai. Rates are quite affordable. All in all, it is a place worth the stay.

• Stayed September 2013, travelled as a couple
1 Thank Melvin C V
Ernakulam
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 11 October 2013

I have been to Kodai resort with my friends.We were planning for a get together.We discussed different places and finally opted Kodai resort at Kodaikanal and I would say , it was the most accurate decision.I have no words to explain the comfort level we got at Kodai resort.I wouldn't say they are proving 5 star services,but with their limitations,they have excellent services.The ambiance around the resort is wonderful with an open space ,common to all cottages.Coaker's wallk and the Lake is at walkable distance from the resort.We could enjoy a nice walk at coaker's walk before the crowd arrives,exclusive for us..:-)
Anyone who is traveling to Kodaikanal,Kodai Resort is one of the best option......

• Stayed September 2013, travelled with friends