“Great stay!!”

Ranked #6 of 76 Hotels in Kodaikanal
Madurai, India
“Great stay!!”
Reviewed 29 July 2014

Everything about the hotel is awesome, except for one. A mosque nearby the hotel causes disturbances in the morning and night through their loud prayers. But this shouldn't stop you from experiencing the stay in the hotel, because its worth it.

• Stayed July 2014, travelled with friends
Arokiasamy, General Manager at JC Residency, responded to this review, 31 July 2014
Dear Guest,
We are delighted that you had a great experience while here at JC Residency Kodaikanal.

Our first priority are our guests and I am glad to note that we met your expectations. Our endeavor is to offer comfort with good service and product to all our guests. We will definitely take the food issue very seriously and on your next visit you will see changes.

I look forward to welcome you back to our hotel.Hoping to give you the best of services and best value for money.

General Manager.

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (146)
Mumbai (Bombay), India
Reviewed 28 July 2014

My travel agent actually said he is upgrading hotel to JC residency when i strictly said I want to book a valley view hotel, he said this one has better view......
This is the place which will make you feel this people would be paying huge commission to travel agent,
the property looks good from outside, but they are geographically located in the worst place, if you want hell in heaven....well kodai is heaven and this hotel is hell in heaven.....
The view..........what am I talking about?? there is no view, on the backside there is slum and in the front is the most horrible market......right in front of mosque ....which continuously make noise till late night on the mic till you go deaf or dead.....
This people have gutts to recruit kids in the hotel,
They claim it to be 3 star, it aint worth a single....they serve worst of food, either under cooked, or over cooked, or cold or rotten, there is no point complaining to the waiters or staff, because they are uneducated and they would not understand anything that you say......
Seriously pissed off on my travel agent to get me this hotel ....on the top of it calling it a up-gradation, all the more ....all this for making some money..... it's not worth your money.....
If anything good about this place is....it looks good from outside.

• Stayed July 2014, travelled as a couple
2 Thank Bhairavmehta
Arokiasamy, General Manager at JC Residency, responded to this review, 9 September 2014
Dear Guest,

We would like to thank you for your feedback.Regarding the view outside the room we have a valley view only,but in recent times its been encroached with houses and livelihood,this is beyond our control.We are very sorry that this did not meet up to your expectation.

We are taking steps to make the guest stay at our hotel more comfortable for our guests.
As guest service and feedback are our priority.We are installing soundproof glasses at our hotel for all rooms,to make our rooms totally noise proof.Our Royal suite rooms have already been installed with sound proof glasses.

We are extremely sorry,but we never employ kids at our hotel-this is a wrong comment by you.We have trainees who train at our hotel for 2-3 months,and their ages are above 18 yrs only double verified by our HR executive.We never employ kids.

Regarding your booking you had booked a super deluxe room,but you were expecting a Royal suite room,we were running full on that particular date ,hence a complimentary upgrade was also not possible.

We are sorry you didn't enjoy your stay with us,but several of our guest have had a wonderful time at our hotel and it is indeed our pleasure in inviting you back again to experience our services.

Salem, India
Reviewed 26 July 2014

We stayed here for two days.We enjoved a lot along with Breakfast and Dinner.
The food was really nice.The rooms are well maintained with clean and tidy.Perfect for both family and couples to stay.The place not too far from tourists place,easy to reach here.

• Stayed June 2014, travelled as a couple
1 Thank arvniv
Arokiasamy, General Manager at JC Residency, responded to this review, 28 July 2014

Madurai, India
Reviewed 22 July 2014

i stayed in jc residency kodaikanal one week ago, rooms are very neat, bathrooms are newly replaced and the comfort and the atmosphere are perfect for family trip. for kids entertainment are there to enjoy

Room Tip: hotel front side room are damn good, but the backside view are not up to the mark for me
  • Stayed July 2014, travelled with family
2 Thank asdrajni

Reviewed 22 July 2014

We stayed in JC Residency on 21st Jun 2014. Hospitality was at it's best. A very good place to stay in Kodai. Flexible check - in, Cozy room, well maintained property and delicious food. Right place to relax.

- Aishwarya Vivek (Chennai)

• Stayed June 2014, travelled with family
Arokiasamy, General Manager at JC Residency, responded to this review, 22 July 2014

Reviewed 19 July 2014

I recently stayed at JC Residency thro' countrywide holiday booking. Before going there, I have gone thro' some of the positive and negative reviews. But I found during my stay not even a single negative aspect. Whatever be the category: service, hospitality, comfort, food, location, guidance - everything is excellent. The children's park is nothing but a miniature of BYRANT PARK which children will never forget and of course adults too. Your persons, Mr. Dhine'sh', Mr.Sure'sh',opt persons at the reception and Mr.Sathee'sh' at the restaurant did their part in a very polite and impressive manner. I think there is a unique way of treating customers lies in all the three 'sh'.
Overall, I/WE enjoyed the stay and like to stay in future also.
Gnanasekaran

• Stayed July 2014, travelled with family

Reviewed 19 July 2014

My stay (with my family) was pleasant. Rooms were quite spacious and good. Ample parking space for vehicles. I just relished the food. The restaurant was cute and neatly done. Nice place of stay for Honeymooners,family and corporate houses. I wish to be a patron of this Property.

Room Tip: I would recommend the Rooms in 1st floor