“Not A Pleasant Stay”
Review of Ayodhara Village

Ayodhara Village
Ranked #57 of 78 Ayutthaya B&B and Inns
Reviewed 6 September 2013

A lovely setting on a river, but the property reminded us of boy scout camp, with spread out log cabins. There was only one reception person and one groundskeeper on the property. On the way to our cabin, my wife and I were stung by a bee/hornet/wasp with hurt like crazy. The receptionist did bring some Tiger Balm, which helped, but my wife didn't sleep well as she is allergic to stings. The layout of the cabin we were in was not set up for travelers. Rustic, but very, very basic. Wouldn't recommend staying here.

• Stayed: August 2013, travelled as a couple
3  Thank BDAHiFlyer

Reviewed 8 August 2013

We had booked for today's night, we arrived at 12, there was nobody there, just the receptionist and 2 cleaning people, it just looked like a fantom hotel. I asked to see the room, and then we just ran away paying half of the price that we should have paid for the night!
This hotel is ranked 4 stars, it is not even worth 2, something has to be done, prices are just outrageous compared to the value.

• Stayed: August 2013, travelled with family
3  Thank gcmenguy
Reviewed 16 March 2012

And we just checked in. Found out we got upgraded to the "honeymoon suite." I would never do that to my wife. AC not working. when I turned the fan on the lights went out. The guy that brought us in saw this and, well obviously doesn't think anything needs to be done about a short in the lighting. The shower sink was, is, nasty, toothpaste smeared on the faucet and handle. AC comes on just enough to make the room bearable then hot and humid again. Took me 30 minutes to get on line as the signal is so weak, and we're fairly close to the main office.

On the plus side, yes, nice country setting, grounds appear to be decent but I am afraid to look too close as I am to my room. Recepetion, needs a lesson on "friendliness." I think I may have gotten one smile, or was that a you'll be sorry smile.

Sad thing is this place has soooo much potential. Checking with Asiarooms now to get outta here, but may have to spend one night. They could accomdate better to help you get to town. Pretty isolated out here, again, which is fine but provide some transpo to get to and from. What they do is provide a taxi but you are timed? 2-3 hours and then back again. Sorry, doesn't work.

If this is the honeymoon suite, wow, whats the rest of the place look like.

• Stayed: March 2012, travelled as a couple
10  Thank bulldogtwo
Reviewed 11 January 2012

Ayodhara Village is in a charming and quiet location right on the river and about a ten-minute drive from Ayutthaya and the historic park. It's in the countryside, so going around is not as straightforward as if you were in town. You sleep in typical teak-wooden huts that are extremely basic and simple but clean. We were here for only one night in December and we really enjoyed our stay. Everyone was extremely nice and helpful and overall, it looked like a very well-maintained place. In the morning we had a very good breakfast on our porch. I thought the food was just fine, but what I really enjoyed was the peaceful garden around us. If you're looking for a more sustainable accommodation option, this is a good place to keep in mind.

• Stayed: December 2011, travelled as a couple
3  Thank Arlenne P
Reviewed 16 December 2010

I'm providing a lower score here than all the others so I guess you have to take that in to perspective but I am try to be objective as possible.

The hotel is situated on a quiet area of the river bank in well manicured grounds. Overall it is looks very nice from the pictures and initial presentation.

The rooms are very small traditional Lana Thai style cottages. The bed is a raised platform with a thin (maybe 3-4") mattress that is hard. When I say hard, I mean "hard", just like sleeping on the floor. As I say the rooms are small and you do not have much room for anything other than sleeping, no chairs etc. could fit.

The breakfast is poor by comparison to the resorts and prices in the area. Very limited selection of well....not very good food. Actually for the location and price it's somewhat astonishing that they don't even have a fruit selection on their little buffet table and the coffee was either empty or not very good at all.

We asked for a spare bed for an extra guest to sleep at the foot of our bed, they said this was 600 baht, or 40% of the price of the room. After seeing the hard bed she said she would sleep on the floor, so we asked for a pillow and blanket, they would not provide one, and so it goes. Not very good service....

The price of the room is well out of line for everything but the location, I admit the area is nice but we are locals and we know there are plenty of other better choices for less money.

Average at best

• Stayed: December 2010, travelled as a couple
5  Thank ThaiSanook
Reviewed 22 September 2010

After a few days in bustling Bangkok we decided to look for a hotel outside the city center in Ayutthaya. We never regretted that decision. The place consists of several nice huts in traditional Thai style. The huts are, as far as I know, all equipped with air con. We chose the cheapest huts, but there was plenty room for two and the location by the river bank was nothing short of amazing.

The staff was VERY friendly and helpful and we were really exceptionally welcomed (even for Thailand). The place is well maintained and you see gardeners grooming the nice, lush surroundings all day long.

The downsides are: You can use the villages bicycles for free, but they are really not fit for people taller than 150 cm. Even the Thais had problems using the bikes. And since you are a few kilometers from the city, you have to rely on taxis or tuc tucs (or rent a bike, car or motorcycle in Ayutthaya). The place is in no way dirty, but I would never the less rather have the last few cobwebs in the corner removed than have my towel folded like an elephant.

We can recommend a boat trip on the river, which the staff arranged for us at a reasonable price.

• Stayed: July 2010, travelled as a couple
1  Thank jsvarre
Reviewed 15 February 2010

I had a very pleasant stay at Ayodhara. A group of beautiful Thai-style houses situated by the river and surrounded by green rice fields. A perfect place for couples, families or even office retreats which require some exclusivity :) There's a big seminar meeting room/ dining room. The staff are very friendly and helpful. Beds may be a lil bit hard, but once you lie down on them, they're just as comfy. -- a natural haven just one hour away from Bangkok :-)

• Stayed: February 2010, travelled on business