“Best guest house in Ayutthaya”
Review of P.U. Inn Resort

P.U. Inn Resort
Ranked #30 of 78 Ayutthaya B&B and Inns
Reviewed 22 August 2014

Very friendly people that can help you with everything and organize good trips to see all the temples in and around the city. The guest house is very clean and had big rooms that are fairly priced. We enjoyed it very much and will use this hostel next time when we are in Ayutthaya.

• Stayed: August 2014, travelled with friends
1  Thank Arno d

Reviewed 20 August 2014

I stayed here for two nights. I wasn't really coming as a tourist. I live in Thailand and was just coming to Ayutthaya to buy a canoe. My wife and I decided to stay a couple nights and enjoy the town while we where there.

I have stayed in many guesthouses in Thailand and I would say this is on par with a 400B per night place. We paid 600B per night.

The rooms were small but fairly clean, with old furnishings.

The staff was friendly and I didnt have any problems with them. The young man that I saw at reception most often was very nice... but they were disorganized. The owner (older lady) was rude. I saw her around and didnt have any direct dealing with her. Accept one day when we where pulling out of the parking lot she gave us a very nasty look. For what reason, I do not know. But it seems from reading other TA posts that many people have found her to be rude.

I was not pressured to buy anything or go on any tours, but that may have been because they knew we live in Thailand and have seen all the games before.

We stayed because it was convenient and had secure parking. But I wouldn't recommend it to normal tourists. And I will not stay the next time I find myself in Ayutthaya.

• Stayed: August 2014, travelled with family
Reviewed 17 August 2014

We stayed in the old part of the hotel for a couple of nights while in Ayutthaya. The rooms were well priced (600 baht for a double, with a/c, a tv and fridge) and clean, and the owner Pu was very helpful - she was a font of knowledge about the local area and Thailand more generally. You can use the pool for free even if you're staying in the old part of the hotel.

Room Tip: There is wifi available in the communal area. The rooms were a bit noisy occasionally - there were a...
  • Stayed: July 2014, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 14 August 2014

We stayed in the new part of the hotel. The room was large, airy and the bed was comfortable, The bathroom was one of the best that we have seen in this part of the world and the shower was hot. The staff on the first morning were a little offhand but later on the owner was much more helpful and friendly. The hotel is located just off a street with bars/restaurants and is a short walk to the 7/11. The Historical Park is a good walk away and not as close as it appears to be on maps. Our first night was very quiet but on the second we had people in the next room who were very noisy - the walls are paper thin and at times it sounded as though they were in the room with us! However, we enjoyed our stay.

• Stayed: August 2014, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 4 August 2014

We stayed in the new part because as slightly older backpackers and having spent 2 days trekking we wanted a bit more luxury. We were first told the room was 1200 baht which we thought was a little expensive but the location was good. We chatted about if that was ok and then the young lady on reception said sorry but that room had gone and now there was only one for 1400 and this didn't include breakfast. We should have left there and then as we had stayed in better places for a lot less.
We booked the 200 baht river cruise and although the boat trip bit was fantastic the bit the hotel had organised was chaotic. They had just one car for about 15 people so we were loaded into the back of a pick up truck. When we got to the pier about 10-15 of us got on the boat filling it. Then another about 8 people turned up the the hotel lady told them to get on the boat. There were no seats and no room. We told her there was no room but she made us wait 30 minutes whilst she phoned someone. We kept asking why we couldn't go and the others get on another boat. In the end some people got off our boat, she paid the boatman some more money and we left.
I am sure the hostel is good because it is about half the cost of the new part.
For 1400 baht in this area it is bad value and the young lady running this part is off hand and miserable. We would have stayed longer but left after one night. We could also not get wifi in our room.

• Stayed: July 2014, travelled as a couple
2  Thank CurleyShirley
Reviewed 22 July 2014 via mobile

We stayed in the old part of the hostel which was a bit worn but completely ok. Best part was the good location, chilled atmosphere and the nice, brand new pool in the newer part of the hotel. We bought a boat tour from the hostel for 200 pr. person, which was a nice experience (temples and ruins, very beautiful). It's easy to get to the hostel from the train station - just walk 1 minute to the riverside, take the ferry across (4 B) and walk approx 5-10 minutes to the hostel.

Stayed: July 2014
Reviewed 5 July 2014

Wow we arrived in Ayutthaya in the morning from Bangkok and asked a rickshaw driver to take us some where cheap. We arrived at Ubonpon Pu.Inn and PU the lady was amazing sorted us out with a lovely very clean room with the biggest bed i have ever seen. I am a backpacker and have traveled from africa- india- and the south east and this was a top 10 of my stays. The room had hot showers although it was so hot i wanted it ice cold. the swimming pool was big unlike tonys place down the road which is small and in the bar so you get no privacy.

PU the lovely lady spoke very good english and sorted us out with all the info we could want from best temples food and even a motorbike to rent for very cheap. I can not thank her enough for what she has done for us. WILL defiantly stay again AA********

• Stayed: July 2014, travelled with friends