“Old spacious uncomfortable hotel”

Woraburi Ayothaya Convention Resort
Ranked #17 of 17 Hotels in Ayutthaya
Reviewed 27 December 2013

Supposed to stay in Ayutthaya for 2 nights due to some foresee reason we need to stay in Ayutthaya for 4 nights.

We were here in Woraburi Ayothaya Convention Resort for 1 night.

Arrived hotel around 7 plus 8. The porter quite alert, he saw us parking our bikes at the carpark and quickly pushed the trolley over help us carried our heavy boxes from the bikes.

Hotel look grand on outside but lobby & lifts were old. Got our rooms key, we were given rooms at level 4. Entered the room, we were very disappointed. The room was spacious, empty and smelly, the light in the room also very dim. Hotel breakfast buffet are ok but overall we don't really enjoy staying in this hotel!

• Stayed: December 2013, travelled with friends
1  Thank Eeyore88
There are newer reviews for Woraburi Ayothaya Convention Resort

Reviewed 27 May 2013

We just checked in about 2 hours ago. The check in was not ok at and very, very unfriendly. They looked at my Wife ( Thai ) like she was from a cheap prostitution area and didn't look at her face. The rooms are totally overpriced and dirty and old. The price for the room was 1750 bath per night and we had to pay extra for the internet WiFi at the room ( 150 bath for 24 hours )
After we paid and checked in we figured that the internet connection is only for one user. That means we could use the internet only for one of our smart phones. Impossible to use as well a laptop or Ipad, or even a second Smart phone. They would charge extra 150 bath per device witch is insane. After we complained at the reception we were told from the very unprofessional and unfriendly staff at the reception , "That's the way it is " I have visit many hotels in the world, but this one is by far the most terrible management in a hotel i have seen do far.
The staff need absolutely some education for international customers and they need to learn some respect.
I will absolutely NOT recommend this Hotel to anyone. We will check out tomorrow and find for less money something better !

• Stayed: May 2013, travelled as a couple
2  Thank Sunny S
Reviewed 18 January 2013

As we stayed throughout Thailand in many different places, this was by far the most disappointed hotel we stayed at. The breakfast buffet was cold, the young girl in charge of the egg station, just looked down and played with her phone. You walk into this big lobby, and the front desk is behind glass doors just a disconnect with lobby. Maybe to conserve on AC is the reason, but you have this empty spacious lobby with no action. The hotel has a rundown feeling and not very clean.
I expected more from a convention resort hotel...stay elsewhere.

• Stayed: December 2012, travelled with friends
1  Thank TexasTravelbug50
Reviewed 16 September 2012

We stayed overnight at this hotel on our way to north Thailand. Our local travel agent had reserved the hotel for us. We were planning to visit Ayutthaya historic sited and then continue our journey to the north. Hotel has a nice entrance outside of the building but do not in any way let it fool you. Lobby in decorated but not in a way suitable for a 4 star hotel.
Hotel was not clean in either public or private places.
Lifts were old, lobby was old, rooms were old, we did not enjoy the shower and did not feel clean.
Everything was there but we rather it was not. We could not feel good to use them.
The worst than all, was the breakfast session. Varieties of Thai food and regular breakfast but we did not enjoy the breakfast due to several factors:
1. Melamine plate and low quality forks and knifes, I could not find a clean melamine cup to drink my tea. One had to look in a pile of cups for a clean cup with no brown stains at its bottom.
2. Quality of the served food was not good enough.
We did not feel like using the pool. Reception was not international friendly at all. Hotel is located in a great place next to the river and we enjoyed a great view on the river from our room. It is a shame that this hotel with such a great position is in such a bad condition.

• Stayed: August 2012, travelled as a couple
7  Thank HappyMoonChild
Reviewed 22 August 2012

This hotel has seen better days. The rooms are nothing special. The breakfast included was not very good. The dishes, coffee mugs and glasses were dirty, they had dirt, some ants and it was hard to find a glass that was not still dirty. Very minimal food to choose from. The pool is very run down and looks dirty.
We only stayed for 2 nights but an item from my cosmetics went missing. It was obvious as I had it on the counter and had used it the first day there so I know it was not misplaced by me. I noticed the next morning and told the housekeeping staff with no repsonse and also told the front desk. They basically shrugged their shoulders. The manager could not be found. Upon reaching my next stop I noticed that a silver necklace, ring and a cheap pair of zircon earrings were also missing. These items were in my cosmetic bag and had to be gone through to take. It is so dissappointing when that happens even if the items are not of high value. Luckily I had my expensive watch and wedding rings on my person and not left behind. I called the hotel the next day and the manage was not in again. I asked that he call me back but did not hear from them again. Best to stay in Bangkok and do a day trip here, it does not seem like there are any hotels that are worth staying at. At any length don't bother staying here.

• Stayed: August 2012, travelled with family
2  Thank BKKishome
Reviewed 12 August 2012

The hotel is rundown and not well maintained. The lobby is fine with some buddha statue. The check-in process went well with no problem. The disappoint started once I arrived to my room. All smell cigarette odour. I did request for non-smoking, after complaint apparently found that all rooms are smoking! Never mind, i use my perfume spray the entire room.

Internet wifi is not included (not free), however, the signal covered the entire hotel. Breakfast is very cold, dry and hard. I can use bun and bread as weapon!

There are 2 good points for this hotel. 1st is good taste dinner and service staff. 2nd is good attitude of housekeeper and any other service staff. They are friendly and very polite.

I stayed during mid-June, and like to confirmed there is no water in swimming pool. It's full of dust and dry leaves.

I dont really like the hotel so I drive around hope to get better one. Unfortunately, there is not much different among those hotels along the river. Dont bother to search around. Ayutthaya is too close to Bangkok, so most of tourist could take one-day trip. I think that's why hotel business is not improving.

• Stayed: July 2012, travelled with family
2  Thank pkminh
Reviewed 26 June 2012

Hotel is generally somewhat rundown - holes in tablecloths, tiles needed regrouting etc. Bedding and room were clean but the pool was dirty and unusable. WiFi was charged at 60 Baht per hour which is expensive and in a hotel of this level of expense should have been free. Showers were refreshing but cold - tepid would have been more acceptable. Food in the restaurant (dinner and breakfast) was the saving grace; it was very good and served by pleasant and efficient staff - this is the reason for the overall rating being 3 star as opposed to 1 or 2. The hotel is well positioned for visiting the attractions of Ayuttahya. TV was advertised as being cable/satellite, it was extremely poor quality (I doubt it was either cable or satellite) and had virtually no international programming - not what was expected of a 4 star international hotel.

Room Tip: Higher floors have great views of Ayutthaya
  • Stayed: June 2012, travelled with friends