“treated like royalties...felt like a five star hotel”

We can't find prices for this hotel
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this hotel, but we can search other options in Damnoen Saduak
Nok Noi Little Bird
Ranked #1 of 2 Hotels in Damnoen Saduak
Reviewed 24 August 2013

My husband and I are avid travellers. We've been to many places like Egypt, Jordan, Israel, Western Europe, most parts of the United States and most recently in Southeast Asia. My husband and I travelled to Thailand for about five days. Going to the Floating Market was in our bucket list. Luckily, we did have a chance to visit it while we were there. While travelling Thailand, someone suggested to us that we should stay at Little Bird Hotel in Damnoen Saduak. We then called to make a reservation. When we finally arrived at the hotel, I never really thought much of it. It wasn't really a posh five start hotel that we check ourselves in when we travel to other countries. I never expected much about our accommodation because I figured it's not really in a big city but when we actually checked ourselves in, I was shocked beyond words how graciously we were received by the staff. A certain lady escorted us to our airconditioned, large, very well kept room. The linens were so new and clean and I couldn't ask for more. The bathroom was exceptionally clean and I thought I was in my own house again. The following day one of the staffs showed us how to get to the Floating Market and gave us tips on what to do, buy, eat, where else to shop and what not to do around the area. After a whole day away from the comfort of our room in Little Bird Hotel, we were so ready to go back and refresh ourselves and just relax and wondered around the hotel garden. Whether you are by yourself travelling and exploring the area, with your loved one or family, I highly, highly recommend this awesome place....Little Bird Hotel...If ever we have a chance to go back to Thailand I have no second thoughts but to check-in again at that hotel. In fact, one couple we know is on their way there at the end of this month to experience the beauty and serenity of the place. We felt like royalties in a foreign country. They made us feel like we were the only guests in a fully booked hotel. Thank you. Our experience while we were there is something money cannot buy, despite of how inexpensive the night rate was. Little Bird hotel....till we meet again.

• Stayed: July 2013, travelled as a couple
5  Thank Agnes P

Reviewed 7 August 2013

Really eerie hotel, huge rooms (but clean), empty vibe, we got woken at 5am by a really loud alarm in our room. Shower was pretty much pointless. However, think the eeriness was as much a reflection of the town as of this hostel. On the plus side there was a nice lady who spoke excellent english and pointed us in the direction of the floating markets!

• Stayed: March 2013, travelled with friends
1  Thank Leonie S
Reviewed 25 April 2012

Arrived late afternoon, the guy at the reception could barely speak english but did not make ANY effort to communicate with us. We asked him about the floating market and he kept on repeating it was 500 Bhat for a morning tour if we booked with him. I had to mime that my wife and i wanted to find a boat ourselves next morning to find cheaper and he kept on watching TV, totally ignoring us! He even lied saying we could not find a boat there!!!!!! We had to book with him or nothing! So we did not, of course!!
We told him how bad he was, we never saw that kind in behaviour in 6 months traveling, but he did not seem to bother anyway. Unbelievable!

So, for the market, we advise you to do like us: walk early morning to the end of the lane where the hotel is, turn right and climb the stairs to cross the bridge, then take next road on the right (20min walk or catch a local jeep for 10 bhat per person). You will find different people on the way selling a paddle boat tour. We went with a guy who was 200m from the market and we paid 250 Bhat for 1h for 2 (and then saved 250 Bhat!!!). The prices inside the market itself are 300 Bhat for 40min, better stop before it then and bargain!

The rooms of the hotel were just ok, size is good, but the bed is hard, there is no internet and only less than 10 thai only channels on the small TV.
I don't understand the comment of KateWCalifornia here, people don't expect luxury when they pay 220 Bhat for a fan room, but there is a minimum of behaviour a hotel keeper should have. We stayed in much more basic rooms but when the people are nice you keep a good memory of it! Which is what happened when we left, we met the owner who speaks a perfect english (she is philipina) and was very nice with us, so it really depends on people!

• Stayed: April 2012, travelled as a couple
3  Thank Henri D
Reviewed 31 January 2012

I really do not know what some people expect from somewhere that costs 240 Bhat a night (USD7). This place is absolutely fine - clean and secure and a good base if you want to miss the tourist hoards at the market (well worth it - you have the market to yourself from about 7am until 8am but by 9am its tourist traffic jams). Our room was extremely large, light and clean and appeared to have been recently painted. Some of the fixtures are a little tired looking but it is USD7 a night! The fan worked well and the windows had good mosquito mesh. AC is available for a little more but it wasn't necessary for us in January. The bed was a little hard as mentioned in an earlier review but the sheets were spotless and towels, toilet roll and soap were provided (unlike in many budget hotels where they are often "forgotten" and have to be requested). There were no dubious characters hanging around (as mentioned in an earlier review) just a young man on reception who checked us in quickly and a young girl who showed us to our room. We were traveling as a couple but I would have been perfectly happy staying here on my own as a single woman. We left at 6.30am for the market so did not test out the breakfast (we stuffed ourselves at the market instead!) but the beer was cold and cheap! For this price I do not expect the TV to show English speaking satellite channels and am truly staggered that anyone would be disappointed that this was the case! I would have no hesitation in staying here again or recommending it to others. The town is quiet but the food stalls were OK - we ate well for about USD3.

• Stayed: January 2012, travelled as a couple
3  Thank KateWCalifornia
Reviewed 2 January 2012

The hotel is fine and not too expensive. The guy who runs it speaks a little English.

Stayed: December 2011, travelled with friends
1  Thank Liz W
Reviewed 30 May 2011

Being the cheapest Motel around here still makes it a better stay then many of the pricy dirty guest houses on Khao san rd. in Bangkoik.(just to compare :)
Apart from arranging a fair price boat trip from a hotel they as well have this Visit Thai School
project going on, which I found to be a great change to everything I did in Thailand for
the whole month of traveling.
The kids in the school were so exciting and keen to speak English that I even ended up staying an extra night.
robo1006@yahoo.com

• Stayed: May 2011, travelled with friends
2  Thank robo1006
Reviewed 16 November 2010

Following the advice of almost all travel guides, we went to the floating markets the evening before in order to be at the markets before "the tourists" arrive. We took the public bus and were set out at somewhere but not at the bus station. Guess it was the guesthouse of the drivers brother ;) However, after some discussion we where taken to the bus station and went to hotel Little Bird which is at the opposite. I believe it has been a school or a small hospital before (long before) and that's what it looks like. Large rooms with very little, old and ugly furniture. No hot water, no wifi, no nothing. Only good thing is the price: 220 baht for fan room. As mentioned before, there is nothing to do in this city and getting some food in the evening is indeed difficult! We finaly had some streetfood which was quite good! As there is no other place too stay, you do not really have a choice. But the floating markets are worth it! If you are more than two persons, don't take the hotel boat tour. It's cheaper to get one directly at the market. When finished, get out of this godforsaken place!

• Stayed: November 2010
#2 of 6 in Damnoen Saduak
The Peace Hostel
The Peace Hostel
#1 of 6 in Damnoen Saduak

Been to Nok Noi Little Bird? Share your experiences!