The road down to Bamboo Bay at the south end of the island, where La Laanta, is located was recently paved all the way. This portends more development, so get there as quickly as you can!! The hotel meetup at the chaotic ferry terminal was on time- altho their little hotel sign was a bit difficult to notice! Caution, there is a minor fee to enter the island charged at the ferry terminal. This is NOT a scam, altho the beneficiary of the monies may not actually be the preservation efforts advertised.
The hotel is built on a remote hillside and the little stairs and steps inside the suites (especially at night getting to the bathroom in the dark) are very hazardous. Careful!
Our shower was barely acceptable- plenty of hot water, but pressure was minimal.
Staff was friendly, and unobtrusive, except occasionally at the bar after 9p when staff "lets their hair down"- I counted this as a PLUS! Connecting with staff on a personal basis can be fun and interesting. Breakfast was okay,nothing special.
Lovely beach, lots of shells, hammocks, lovely infinity pools, spectacular sunset views. Excellent dining options along Bamboo Bay beach. La Laanta also serves good food.
But remember, this is the Best hotel on the beach, one of the best beaches on the island, and is located "at the end of the road"- 30+ min from congested Lanta Town.
All in all, a lovely resort, with mostly location-related shortcomings.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Artistically inspired living on the most private beach for that castaway experience. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Agoda, Booking.com, Odigeo and Priceline so you can book your LaLaanta Hideaway Resort reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Lalaanta Hideaway Hotel Ko Lanta
- Lalaanta Hideaway Ko Lanta