“The perfect honeymoon.”

LaLaanta Hideaway Resort
Ranked #22 of 84 Hotels in Ko Lanta
Reviewed 13 May 2014

My husband and I stayed for 8 nights at the incredible Lalaanta Hideaway resort in March for our honeymoon. It was an absolutely perfect stay - I went in with high standards after getting told good things by a close friend, but all expectations were exceeded!

As a honeymooners treat they gave us the beachfront room - and beautiful cocktails at the bar when we arrived.

Room - the room was perfect - it looked beautiful (traditional thai bed), had a comfy bed and a lovely en suite with bath and shower. Our room had a balcony that literally opened onto the sand, and we had a view of the beach all to ourselves. There were comfy chairs on the balcony where we could enjoy our cocktails looking out over the water.
Resort - The resort itself was full of charm, it was very well kept, and it had a sense of intimacy. There are only around 25 rooms in the resort, meaning the pool was always quiet - you could always get a lounge, a good seat at the bar and breakfast was calm and tranquil. The restaurant made beautiful food at a great price, and we found it hard to force ourselves to venture out at all!
Breakfast - the breakfast was open air and most tables look over the water. There was cereal and fresh fruit, as well as hot options including bacon and eggs, pancakes, toast and a salad bar. There were also sweet treats such a doughnuts or muffins for extra indulgence. There was tea and coffee and a selection of juices.
Services - reception was able to organise day trips such as elephant riding and cooking classes (Time for Lime is highly recommended) as well as hiring scooters for a reasonable price.
Staff - I could not say better things about the staff - from the lovely people who ran the bar and restaurant, to the admin I contacted form Australia. Everyone went the extra mile. While we were there the staff organised a special dinner for my husband and I out on the beach for our honeymoon (Thanks Tik!). They lit lanterns and had a table carried out to the beach - and proceeded to bring us all our food and drink there while the sun set. Beautiful! They again went above and beyond after we had left and paid our bill - a true indication of the values of the resort. I left an expensive scarf and sunglasses (probably worth around $350) in the resorts transport on the way to the airport. When I realised a few days later I emailed and asked if they had seen the items. Not only did they find the items, AND post them back to me in Australia, but they refused to let me foot the postage bill!
Location - The beach was very quiet - next to a National Park and only had 2 other resorts (a good distance away). We went for a walk every morning and rarely saw another soul! I am sure it would be too quiet for some, but for those wanting a quiet romantic holiday you could not ask for a better spot.

Thank you Lalaata for a truly incredible honeymoon, we will definitely be back!!

Room Tip: The best room is the Sandcastle room which is right out on the beach
  • Stayed: March 2014, travelled as a couple
1  Thank HeidiMelb0urne
There are newer reviews for LaLaanta Hideaway Resort

Reviewed 12 May 2014

Second time at LaLaanta and with two small children in tow, we knew that this time would be different. And for sure, our holiday was different but LaLaanta was still fantastic. We were greated by Chico when we arrived with a hug and this really set the tone for our holiday. It felt like coming to visit friends rather than just another hotel. The staff were absolutley fantastic and they make this place what it is. The played and looked after our children with a genuine smile. It didn't matter if they were the cleaner, chef or manager. And nothing was too much trouble. Chico, the front of house person, even drove his own motorbike in to Saladan to pick up babyfood for us. A journey which most have taken around 2 hours return. The service really feels so genuine and not at allstiff and impersonal. Instead it feels like the staff really enjoy their work and treat guests more like friends rather than guests.

For the price, I feel that the rooms were great. Clean and very comfortable. But this hotel is by no means a 5 star hotel and nor does it aim to be. Yes, there are a few things that maybe could be improved/changed. Some lightfittings didn't work, the TV is rather old, a few more bins around the garden would be good and etc. but at the end of the day - who cares? It's almost a part of the charm - because surley we also have it a bit like that in our own home? But I am sure that some things would have been rectified if pointed out, but we didn't feel the need.

All in all, we love this resort and will be back again one day.

• Stayed: February 2014, travelled with family
Reviewed 30 April 2014

3 years later we came back and found that paradise still exists on the southernmost part of Koh Lanta.
Much of the staff is still the same and equally happy as they were three years ago (a good sign that LaLaanta is a great place to work).
This is nothing like a big 5 star resort, everything is better and more personal!
We will definitely be back!

• Stayed: February 2014, travelled with family
Reviewed 11 April 2014

This was my first visit to Thailand and I was looking for a relaxed and easy-going atmosphere as it was my only holiday last year. And yes, LaLaanta was exactly what I was looking for. It's a piece of paradise on earth.

The staff is nice, courteous and helpful. They don't speak english that well, but good enough to make sure that one's stay is unforgettable. Especially the staff in the restaurant and reception were funny and friendful. Many thanks and thumbs up for Chico and Choco ;)

The pools were placed nicely so that one may gaze upon the sunset while staying in the pool and the oceanfront is just a few steps away. Also the food was excellent and the prices were decent so it's possible to spend your whole stay here. One must take into account that the distance from LaLaanta to Saladan takes around 30 minutes by car but I didn't find this a problem at all.

Whenever I'm going to visit Koh Lanta again, I'll make sure I'll stay in LaLaanta for the whole vacation again!

Room Tip: The rooms nearest to the oceanfront are the most expensive ones too. The wifi is quite slow and some...
  • Stayed: November 2013, travelled with friends
Reviewed 31 March 2014

Seriously chilled out resort on the southern tip of this laid-back island, booked as the chill stop in an Andaman Sky holiday which also took in Ao Nang (busy but not crazy) and Phuket (we didn’t like this place much). Lanta was great, I’d go back again and stay at this resort in a flash if I could, . Things we particularly liked about LaLaanta : (a) the beach is fab and very quiet (b) the food (c) the super-friendly staff (d) the room. Things we didn’t like : leaving.

• Stayed: March 2014, travelled as a couple
3  Thank Howard F
Reviewed 28 March 2014

Stayed in off season so most swimming done in the infinity pool, but still a few days at the beach. Service, food and accommodation are some of the best in my world travels. Great for couples who just need some R&R from the busy world. Definitely recommend LaLaanta Hideaway and cant wait to head back there soon.

• Stayed: February 2014, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 23 March 2014

We stayed here in 2010 and came back, we were not disappointed. The rooms are still ok, they could of course profit from a renovation. Given the price, there is no reason for criticism here. Pool, beach, everything is perfect. The food quality got somewhat worse though, we have eaten better, and especially the yellow bar on the beach offers better bang for the money ! Staff is great !

• Stayed: January 2014, travelled as a couple