We just spent a week at lalaanta after couple months in india as part of our year round the world. It was everything we hoped for in an idyllic Thai beach resort. It is right at southern tip of Lanta yet it is laughable that it is hard to reach (go try an overnight train in India) despite the bumpy dirt road leading to the resort.
While the resort shares the good sized beach with another resort, it feels as though you have the beach to yourself. It is extremely low density seven lalaanta only have 20 rooms. This place defines a friendly owner run hotel. We only met Tony and June (not the other two partners) but they are incredibly nice and gracious hosts. Everyone is made to feel quite at home. The rooms are modern and spotless but retain a thai bungalow feel. The pool area ia great as is the food. The beach is great for swimming but unlike phi phi, must commute to snorkel. No nickel anodizing guests with added charges for things like wifi, use of kayaks, transfers to pier etc. Despite being their first attempt, feels like they have been running hotels forever. Perfect thai beach experience for those wanting to getaway from crowds. Family friendly.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Artistically inspired living on the most private beach for that castaway experience. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Agoda, Booking.com, TripOnline SA, HotelsClick and getaroom.com so you can book your LaLaanta Hideaway Resort reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Lalaanta Hideaway Hotel Ko Lanta
- Lalaanta Hideaway Ko Lanta