“Beautiful peaceful room”
Review of Laanta House

Laanta House
We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Ko Lanta
Laanta House
Ranked #96 of 145 Ko Lanta B&B and Inns
Edinburgh
“Beautiful peaceful room”
Reviewed 4 February 2011

I originally planned to stay only two nights but it was so lovely and peaceful I stayed for thirteen. It was a long trip to get there from Bangkok and this ended badly when the van driver I was with dropped me at a random 7/11 telling me someone else would come to take me to the old town. The ride never materialised of course but one call to the Orange House and Non was on her way to pick me up. When she showed me my room I was bowled over at how spacious and lovely it was, with a large main bedroom with wooden floor, and a separate lounge with plants and low-key lighting. Of course, if you're looking for a crash pad near the beach, this isn't for you. But if you want a quiet place to stay with very relaxed, friendly, informative, and accommodating hosts (Steve is English), this is the place. With massage just over the street and a decent restaurant next door (which rents mopeds by the day or even for a few hours) what more could you want? A quick ride over the hill and you're at the beach. But more to the point, when you're back, you're away from all the noise of the party resorts. Can't recommend highly enough.

• Stayed January 2011, travelled solo