“best value for money I have seen in a long time..” 5 of 5 bubbles

and 1 more site!
Lanta Sweet Mansion
Ranked #58 of 84 Hotels in Ko Lanta
jakobstad
“best value for money I have seen in a long time..”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 1 May 2013

Hello.. I stayed here 5 nights in the end of march...When I came back from Ko jum I knew that going back to seapearl cottage was not a first-choise option for reasons I mentioned in an another review...Lanta sweet mansion was on my list of possible places to stay in ko lanta and I am very satisfied that I did...
In my opinion it was "the best value for money stay" on my/our 7 weeks in Thailand....
I paid 400 bath per night for a fan room,and because I was not sure how long I would stay I paid day/day....Week/week would have given me a better price and month per month is the choice if you plan to stay more than 22-23 days...

I can not see any negative point that is difficult to live with...If I have to put a finger on something, it has to be an odd smell in the rooms but also in the corridors,,, at first I thought of
moisture damages but since it was more or less everywhere I think its the soap with which they
clean the floor....

The staff are very friendly,it goes for all of them...Its a family that own the place..
It will be on top of my list for places to stay if and when I am back in Ko lanta...

• Stayed March 2013, travelled as a couple

Business
Cheltenham, United Kingdom
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 5 April 2013

I stayed in another hotel the night before for 2,000 baht and decided to move as it smelt a bit mouldy! This hotel wad recommended to me by a local expat. 600 baht a night, perfect location, spotless and really friendly owners and staff.

The rooms are reasonably sized, have new air con units and have functioning hot showers

It's nothing special, but it's perfectly adequate for staying fir a few nights. Next time I go to Koh Lanta I'll be staying here.

WELL RECOMMENDED!

• Stayed March 2013
Cardiff, United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 30 December 2012

Stayed for about 5 nights in early December 2012 while travelling solo. Found it as I was walking past one evening after staying in a fan only room just off the beach 5 mins walk down the road in quite a grim, dated and bug infested room. This was such a relief to find somewhere so clean and hospitable in comparison.

Had a large, airy room with air con. Facilities were basic but catered for what I needed including washroom toiletries, fresh towels, fridge and drinking water each day, plus wifi. The hotel is located on the other side of the street from the beach but it just means crossing the road and you're pretty much on your way. The room was cleaned thoroughly every day. The staff were also extremely helpful and pleasant, even helping to arrange scooter hire at a reasonable rate.

Recommended this place to some other guys travelling who I bumped into and they seemed to like it also. I would definitely head back to this place again, rates were reasonable too while I was there.

This place is a great little find - not on any of the main websites but much better than a lot of the other places around in the same price range. Fortunately was bug free when I stayed there and clean. Would highly recommend!!!

• Stayed December 2012, travelled solo
London, United Kingdom
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 15 December 2012 via mobile

we stayed for one month in nov 2012
we paid 400thb for a twin room with air con
tv and private bathroom and fridge .
we knew we wanted to stay on lanta for a month and had planned to move down the island,but after spending a day on a motorbike looking at loads of other places we thought sweet mansion was a really good deal.
the rooms are a really good size , really clean and the hotel is well cared for .
the family who run it are very helpful and made us feel very welcome during our stay.
english is not widely spoken , but it was not a big problem day to day.
sweet mansion is right in the middle of klong dao beach so its really close to loads of good places to eat and the main town of saladan is about a 15 minutr walk away , but if you hire a motorbike everywhere on lanta is fairly close.
there is a good travel agent over the road , lanta sunsmiles tours, who did us a good rate on bike hire 1000thb for a week , and were happy to hold our driving licence not our passports , which was good for thailand.
overall lanta is a really laid back relaxing island , its not party central but there are good restaurants and some decent bars too.
plus some really good beaches.
we will be back and look forward to staying at sweet mansion again .

• Stayed November 2012
3 Thank Pmmh101
Auckland, New Zealand
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 6 April 2012

We only stayed one night so we could be reasonably handy to the Pier for early morning ferry and it was perfect for that. Room was spacious and in good condition. Wifi free and worked well. Bathroom ensuite. Air con. Restaurants near by. For 500 baht it was excellent value. Limited English but enough to get by. Travel Agent next door to arrange ferry. It was certainly everything we wanted. Even the bed was not as hard as most Thai beds

• Stayed April 2012, travelled as a couple
1 Thank KiwiAbroadGally2
Bromley
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 2 June 2008

We were "flash packing" around Thailand for a month and wanted to stay in Koh Lanta for around 10 days as it was so beautiful. All the other Hotels were at least 800B for a very basic fan room or hut with nothing else but a bed and toilet.
Lanta Sweet Mansions however was the cleanest, most spacious room we stayed in during our trip and for 700b per room per night there was also cable TV, a fridge in the room with free water per day, a spacious en-suite bathroom and excellent Air-con which is a necessity anywhere in Thailand in my opinion.
This is no luxury resort and resembles more of a travel lodge but is only around 1 year old, the staff are lovely and speak good english, clean the room with fresh bedding every day and provide the cheepist laundry service on the island as well as moped hire and internet. The hotel is just off the beach at around 1 or 2 minute walk away and if your on a budget but not willing to compromise on standerd, cleanliness and facilities then this place is perfect. It does not have a pool but who wants to sit by the pool when the beach is so amazing. This hotel is not on any other web site and we only found it by chance as we were staying in a hotel next door to it but its well worth a look and wit the money we saved on the hotel we were able to take more trips and eat out all over the island.

• Liked — value for money
  • Disliked — nothing - if your not expecting a resort then its perfect.
  • Stayed March 2008, travelled as a couple
      Check-in / front desk
    • 4 of 5 bubbles
      Business service (e.g., internet access)
1 Thank tommydan