“Disappointed in overall stay.”
Review of SriLanta Resort

SriLanta Resort
Ranked #18 of 84 Hotels in Ko Lanta
Reviewed 27 April 2014

We stayed at Sri Lanta Resort for 10 nights.
The location is beautiful and the Verandah Villa is neat and set on the hill. Quaint, comfortable rooms. Set on Khlong Nim which in my opinion is the best area to stay (nicest swimming beach)
The staff and general cleanliness of the facility is what lets this place down.
Staff are not friendly, they don't smile and they make you feel like you are in inconvenience.
We had an issue with the housekeeping during our stay. There are two baskets in the room. One basket is in the bedroom and lined with a linen bag. The bathroom basket is not lined.
We assumed the basket in the bathroom as it was not lined was rubbish. We also thought the linen bagged basket in the bedroom was for washing as the hotel offers a washing service. We placed our t-shirts etc in the linen bag. After a few days of non returned washing we inquired with staff. They followed it up.. The next day when I went to see if there was an update the rude lady at the counter said to me "Gone" and then stared me down. She then began to talk in Thai to her colleague before glaring back at me and saying "Gone, bin." She did not apologise. She did not seem concerned.
I managed to get a hold of the manager who at least was friendly and heavily apologised about the situation. He gave chased the issue up and found out that yes our clothes had been thrown out as housekeeping said we had put them in the bin. He then gave us vouchers to the heavily overpriced gift store and the Spa.
The daily breakfast was basic. There are so many flies that it was not a comfortable experience. Staff were non friendly and not helpful.
The pool was murky and not cleaned enough. The deck chairs were often broken.
The poolside service is non existent. Often the next day you would still see dirty glasses from the day before.
If you wanted a drink from the bar you would have to search for staff.
I had a complimentary massage from the Spa using my voucher and I was glad I hadn't paid the $1,500 thai baht they usually ask for. I was in a small aircon room with no music and no atmosphere. To be honest the 400 baht beach side massages are much more relaxing.
I was overall disappointed in Sri Lanta and would not return or recommend it to friends/family.

Room Tip: Verandah Villas are lovely.
  • Stayed: April 2014, travelled as a couple
2  Thank FrankieFranks

Reviewed 20 April 2014

This was the best place we stayed at during our 'beach time' in Thailand. As soon as we walked in we just knew it was something special. The design is very considered and tranquil, with lots of water features and greenery. The pool is right on the beach. There is plenty of space with sun loungers, umbrellas and beanbags to choose from with the areas of greenery providing ample shade.

Our rooms were located a short walk across the road from the reception area, up a small hill. The theme was spacious jungle style huts on stilts with verandas and views overlooking the sea. Really beautiful. Originally we were only booked here for two nights but added and extra night as didn't want to leave.

With the exception of a group of twenty-something girls (and the various random guys they welcomed into the resort with them each day) the other guests were mostly very chilled, like-minded and considerate. Thankfully the grounds were large enough for us to move away from their tinny mobile speakers and stream of unselfconsciously loud chit chat. Obviously there's little a hotel can do about less considerate guests but it might be an idea to eject the non-paying strays among them, noisily enjoying the hotel facilities at the expense of the paying clientele.

Only other negatives were that my husband was very uncomfortable having to sit and eat on the floor (not very practical when you're over 6ft tall) and the regular tables outside had no shade provided so weren't an option. Lunch and dinner at the restaurant were very good but pricey by local standards. We didn't have any spa treatments as they were comparatively expensive too.

All in all I would highly recommend this place and would love to return.

Stayed: April 2014, travelled with family
Reviewed 6 April 2014

We stayed for 7 nights as part of a yoga retreat at Sri Lanta. The hillside bungalows are well-maintained and the height gives you a lovely view of the ocean, and the disconnect from the main reception just across the small road is nice. We loved the food at Surya, their only restaurant, some of the best Thai you can find in this town. The spa has outdoor treatment salas, so you enjoy traditional massages while listening to the sounds of the ocean. And the best part about it all is the staff - super friendly, they make you feel right at home.
I would strongly recommend the speedboat option to get to the resort, as the ferries can take much longer than the promised 2.5 hours, and it's just so much easier this way.
We came here for a much needed R&R break, and that's just what we got. Looking forward to doing it all over again next year.

A special note to the GM - your team is a massive credit to you. Thank you for a very memorable stay.

• Stayed: March 2014, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Aditi D
Reviewed 4 April 2014 via mobile

We stayed at sri lanta for two nights during our koh lanta stay.
We instantly surrended to the peacefulness felt all around. There is a silent rule on being relaxed, we felt.
During our stay in Thailand we mostly stayed in 5 star hotels and this until now is the only 3 star hotel we stayed in. The restaurant was amongst the best of them all and the staff was hands down the friendliest and most well trained. In fact, the only reason why I will not say this is a 5 star desguised as 3 star hotel, is because I felt the reception staff could at times have been a bit more helpful. For instance, I needed to reach my thai travel agent over the phone and the reception said I should go there in person and make the call, instead of taking it upon themselves to help me make the call. In addition, what makes it worse, is that the reception is quite a long walk from the bedrooms. A bit more initiative would have been nice here.
Now, everything else was more than we could have ever looked for or expected, without overlooking value for money: the out of this world spa, with massages in the garden and heavenly scented batiks, the cottage we stayed at was a romantically and almost jungle set hut that had a beatiful bed and spartan toilet.
I wish I had known in advance about their yoga retreats and daily sessions as I would have included those in my plans and got my bf to try something new...
The pool and the beach are hand in hand and the bar and restaurant all overlook the ocean. Great food, snacks and drinks at fair price. Soothing music all day long.
Cherry on top was the lantern we were provided at the beach, which we lit and let fly away over the ocean. So, so beautiful.
Great value for money, great staff, lovely accomodations. The location, for me, was good since for me distance from the main town (15-20 min drive) is a positive aspect.

• Stayed: April 2014
Reviewed 31 March 2014

As other reviewers have noted, this resort may not be for everyone. The guests here are mostly in their twenty's and thirty's and seem to be into yoga and zen feelings. The dining room has not chairs, only cushions and you eat at a very low table. May not be for everyone. Breakfast was nothing special and nothing is being served, so you will have to take many trips to the counter. I wish they would purchase some white umbrellas for outside the dining area, so that people would have a choice to sit at a normal table or on cushions. I, for one, like to have a choice. As has been mentioned, dining tables are filthy and sticky and need a good scrub down. Does a guest really have to complain about cleanliness at a resort that aims to be on a high level???
Some of the outside areas are lovely, lots of ponds, waterfalls, greenery. The grassy area was pretty dry as it has not been irrigated enough for lack of rain. I found the pool to be too warm and it never looked clean, but brownish and cloudy. Not sure how often the water gets exchanged or if they use chemicals? Also, they seem to prefer form over function, as there is NO LADDER or steps to get in and out of the pool. You need to be in good shape to hoist yourself out of the water. Again, a choice would satisfy more guests.
Beach area is ok, except for the huge amount of rocks that get exposed during low tide and the swimming area shrinks to a pool-size pond.
All in all, the resort seems to cater to a young and yoga loving crowd that love minimalist decor.

Stayed: March 2014, travelled as a couple
1  Thank KaliCA
Reviewed 30 March 2014

Lovely hotel with friendly staff and beautiful pool to watch the sunset from. Peaceful and a great place for couples. The spa also offered really good massages. Great location in terms of being able to wander down the beach to other restaurants. Lovely spacious room with big bathroom.

Stayed: February 2014, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 28 March 2014

The hotel is very nice, and located in the best location of Koh Lanta (best beach). The bungalows are nice as well, and the restaurant is great for breakfast, drinks, lunches and dinner... very enjoyable especially for drinks at sunset, on the beach, in front of the ocean.
Our only disappointment came from a scooter we rented at the reception, which had a problem, and the reception told us we had to repair ourselves... or be charged something like 2.000 BHT! We had to find a place to have it repaired and it costs a lot - while we are sure that the scooter was not in good shape. We insisted on our disappointment but the staff were quite inflexible, and a bit rude at the moment. The place is supposed to be one of the best in Koh Lanta and we would have expected the issue to be solved in a nicer way - to be treated like clients.

• Stayed: March 2014, travelled as a couple