“Very nice place to stay if you like it Quiet”
Review of Lanta Resort

Lanta Resort
Ranked #51 of 84 Hotels in Ko Lanta
Reviewed 4 October 2012

We pulled in here after driving from Ao Nang in September 2012, at first we thought it was closed but to our surprise it was open and the resort was beautiful.
As its green season the price for a private pool access room including breakfast was less than $45.00 AUD per night. We virtually had the place to ourselves and loved the peace and quiet, we walked to Long beach (about 5 Minutes) and the bars and restaurants were deserted and we had the whole beach to ourselves and loved it.
The staff were wonderful, friendly and the food was excellent. The room was huge and spotlessly clean.
We thoroughly enjoyed our stay here.

Room Tip: Pool access rooms are the best
  • Stayed: September 2012, travelled as a couple
There are newer reviews for Lanta Resort

Reviewed 19 September 2012

Althouh the hotel is lovely and the grounds are beautiful, unless you really enjoy being on your own, beware of going in low season. I think there were 5 or 6 rooms filled while I was there.
The staff on the upside are very friendly and try to accomodate your needs. Most of the restaurants and bars were closed and the one that was open had limited hours. The service and quality was good but selection was rather limited.

I suppose I was lucky to not be robbed while I was there. In fact when I left my phone at the restaurant, a staff member came running after me to return it. I'm saddened to hear of the others experiences as it could have easily been me.

The grounds are kept beautifully with many people working to maintain them. It appears they are doing renovations and trying to upgrade many of the rooms.

Room Tip: Bungalow D03 was right at the beach and would be great if the place were full. First floor rooms ha...
  • Stayed: September 2012, travelled solo
1  Thank eddie s
Reviewed 17 September 2012

My stay was pleasant got to enjoy moments with family but such a dissapoinment on the last day where my room was ransacked early In the morning where everyone was sound asleep luckily no one was hurt. The thief is a cunning one and the person I think hv been doing it many times. Pls be careful of ur belongings and wary of stranger. Even the closest ones (staff) can't be trusted, no more going there cos I lost all my precious belongings.

• Stayed: September 2012
2  Thank SammySa
Reviewed 12 September 2012

It was a nice resort. Went on the wrong season so the place was very quiet but we have the place all to ourselves. People there was nice but shopping was not so cheap. Everything starts from 300bahts(Abt SGD $12) for a normal T-Shirt or a child size plain short or renting of motorbike or using the taxi. Check for expiry date on some food cos i got cheated in a way.
Hotel room was very clean and spacious.
Last day of our stay was so unexpected. 2 of my siblings cash and properties were missing, they got robbed. Went to the police station to make a report but the police says the flag is not up so cannot make a report. My siblings had to leave cos we have to board the morning flight. Not goin there anymore.

Room Tip: Pay a little more to upgrade to a ground floor room wf private pool.
  • Stayed: September 2012, travelled with family
1  Thank SarenaMY
Reviewed 11 September 2012

It was really a very nice, relaxing place during our stay at Lanta Resort. We enjoyed ourselves with the food, shopping, swimming and the activities there. Until the last day where my room was intruded. Where my impression to the resort totally changed. Where this incident taught me something. Not to trust the staff there, be super extra careful with your belongings. In total, we lost few thousands THB and few hundreds Spore dollars ca$h, sunglasses, camera & a packet of bread! wth!
Anyway guys, please avoid staying at Lanta Resort for your own safety. Now, bcoz of one stupid thief, i will never make Krabi as my travel destination anymore.
All the best.

• Stayed: September 2012, travelled with family
Reviewed 30 August 2012

Very nice hotel with the big space in Deluxe room nearest to the pool which is so lovely but it's muddy water all of my 3 nights stayed. Staff will alway help you with any problem you have. Especially The reservation person I think Kamon, The lady was very welcoming and very helpful with helping finding the information of Lanta island before my arrival date.

If you 're staying there - the best way of getting into the city is going Saladan (5 minutes) was a nice trip and you don't have problems with crowed people.

Only part of the poor service is restaurant , staff don't quite understand English when it is more than a few sentences - not quite clean in breakfast area - staff seems talkative and laughing out loud so I just better have a quick breakfast and went out by scoother ran along the island , that's great.

maybe we will be back soon on summer season for my diving trips.

• Stayed: July 2012, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 22 May 2012

I was very surprised to find the resort so huge. room i had is huge and clean. the surrounding ground has lots of greenery and is very well maintained. as it was the low season when i was there last week, there were only 7 guests in the entire resort which had like 30 staff working. the food at the restaurant is nothing to shout about. i went to the Dreamy Spa a few minutes by taxi down the street every day i was there.. it's clean and good. if you like the old town feel, this is the place to be. the town area, Saladan is so quaint with shops selling the same stuff but the feel is so laid back, even the cats just didn't do much except laze around. it helps if you rent a motorbike, but i didn't as i couldn't ride, so i took the taxi to the spa and outside restaurants. On the whole, it was a nice quiet vacation. the resort is 2 hours ride from krabi airport.

• Stayed: May 2012, travelled solo
3  Thank renee6764
Lanta R, Reservation at Lanta Resort, responded to this reviewResponded 21 June 2012

Dear valued guest ,

Thank you very much and your review says it all...Low Season ( May~October ) will be the great time for laid back and relax.

Hope to see you soon.