“We love Good Days Lanta!”

Good Days Lanta Beach Resort
Ranked #34 of 84 Hotels in Ko Lanta
London, United Kingdom
“We love Good Days Lanta!”
Reviewed 11 November 2013 via mobile

Fantastic location with wonderful staff! So helpful and attentive, thank you Chay for making our stay perfect! Incredibly fast and reasonable laundry service, smelt great too! We had a fan room which was basic but clean, solid and sealed! No worries for mozzies sneaking in your room. No free wifi but there is a very cheap internet room which is fine. The pool is lovely, looking out over the beach to the sea. There is a small stream to cross at times to walk up the beach, it didn't bother us, it was quite fun to cross! If it looked a little deep it's a 5 minute walk round it. We loved it.

Stayed October 2013, travelled as a couple

Business
Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (22)
  • Thai first
New York City, New York
Reviewed 8 May 2013 via mobile

Nice location, plus a pool. No free wifi = lame.

The rooms are below average but clean. Staff is inattentive. The restaurant is just bad. There are lots of little restaurants nearby that all serve the roughly the same food.

Overall it's nice but don't expect anything in the way of service.

• Stayed May 2013
1 Thank kidstonecrusher
Reviewed 16 April 2013

Hidden gem! What more could you ask for, beach, pool, sunsets, pleasant staff, great location, clean and okay price. We highly recommend this place to others. We went during the start of low season (second week in April) and were given a great deal on a larger room with a fridge, hot water and aircon. Not quite what we were looking for, but in the end we were very pleased and were sad to leave.

• Stayed April 2013, travelled as a couple
Bristol, United Kingdom
Reviewed 9 April 2013 via mobile

I fell in love with Good Days resort, originally staying for 3 nights this soon extended into 6. When the day came to leave I was very sad to go. I booked a beach bungalow (fan only) which for me was perfect - yes it was hot but there's lots of shade around the resort to cool down under. The staff were incredibly friendly and I couldn't fault them, they were efficient at booking tours, laundry service etc. the bar was a perfect location and great place to watch the sunset of an evening, the beach is fantastic sprawl of golden sand. Other reviews have mentioned the club next door - I think it must not of have been operating because I didn't hear a sound from it. Also the stream didn't bother me one bit although at times it was knee high. Room was cleaned daily and there was water everyday. I cannot fault the place I had the best time there and Koh Lanta is such a fabulous island. I felt I'd carved out my own piece of paradise.

Stayed April 2013, travelled solo
Ko Lanta, Krabi, Thailand
Reviewed 4 April 2013

We found this place very unexpected! We were looking for a good bungalow with an aircon and normal interior near the beach. And this hotel was exactly what we were looking for. The hotel has a cozy bar with a wide selection of delicious cocktails. Gorgeous calming sea views. Wonderful traditional Thai massage. One of the most enjoyable moments in Gooddays Lanta - a swimming pool. An important advantage for us - is its location: at the most beautiful beach, close to restaurants and Baro, market 7/11 and others.

• Stayed November 2012, travelled as a couple
1 Thank Alisa E
Liverpool, United Kingdom
Reviewed 19 February 2013

Outwardly this is an excellent resort situated on the beach and alongside a tidal river. The quality of the Junior suite we stayed in was excellent and the breakfast area and pool were of a good standard. Regrettfully however the resort is immediately adjacent to a disco club called Funky Monkey which plays "house music" from 2100 to 0300 each evening through to the morning. The result is that sleep is almost impossible!!! Sadly the management of Good Days tend to play down this difficulty by saying it is only occasionally the the loud music is played. A quick examination of Funky Monkey advertising shows that loud disco type music is played almost every night! We had booked for two nights and couldnt wait to leave after this time because of a lack of sleep

• Stayed January 2013, travelled as a couple
1 Thank billsview

Travellers are raving about these Ko Lanta hotels

Singapore, Singapore
Reviewed 19 February 2013

My friend and I made our bookings through Dive & Relax, the dive centre located on the premises of Castaway Resort, right next door. It was a real breeze so thanks again Cameron!

Affordability:
I admit I'd wanted to stay in Castaway instead but seeing as how Nov was a peak period, we weren't in luck. But, I was more than happy to choose Good Days because we only had to pay SGD60+ per night - that's pretty darn cheap to me. Plus we were only there 3 nights as it was a very short dive trip. Why spend so much for such a short trip right?

Service:
Anyway, we were dropped off right at the resort because we arranged for a pick-up from the airport (again through Cameron of Dive & Relax). First impression: service here is nonexistent. The staff really do nothing except stand around and chat with each other, but they are not rude or anything so you can't do much I guess. If you have a big luggage with you, no one is gonna help you lug it around - not even to the dive centre next door so good luck with that, especially if like me, you own a full set of dive gear!

*Note that front desk does have operating hours in place. I think it closes around 8pm or 9pm, can't remember but yeah.

Rooms:
We got to our room after rushing to check-in with the dive centre next door and I thought the room was really spacious. But extremely basic. Don't expect anything fancy here - not even a TV. But, there was a safe and lots of room to hang your clothes, etc. Bathroom's also very simple and you must expect to have 6-legged/4-legged/8-legged creatures visit you every once in a while. But they're not too much of a bother.

Right outside there are a couple of balcony chairs for you to laze around and enjoy the sounds of nature. The beach is right across and the small river is actually quite picturesque.

Spa:
There's also a small open-concept hut for spa and other beauty treatments, this is on the grass patch right by the beach and in front of the restaurant. Spa's pretty OK - but do request for a lady if you are not comfortable with a guy masseuse. Plus, the guy doesn't do a good job according to my friend. After the massage they make some tea for you and give you a couple of fruits to end things on a sweet note.

Food:
Breakfast is not the best here, but you don't really have a choice, especially if you're diving and have to be at the centre by a certain time. They're very, VERY slow in preparing food (even when it's just you and 1 other family of guests around) so do head out as early as you possibly can and give them about 1 hour, or more if you can. Don't be afraid to tell them you're rushing and remind them constantly about your food... if not they'd probably just forget or take their own sweet time. Again, they're not rude or anything so just take it as it's their laid-back way of life and do whatever's in your control to make sure your experience isn't an extremely unpleasant one!

Bar:
Right beside the spa there's a place called Moonshine Bar. It's run by this very pleasant lady and one other very friendly staff, who's also a fellow diver. The bar is perfect for a chill out session if you don't want to face a rowdy crowd. Wide array of drinks available and they have a few games for you to play like Jenga and Connect 4. Simple pleasures of life... haha.

Check out:
***One very important thing that I have to point out: be very careful when making the rest of your payment for your stay when checking out. I made my bookings through Dive & Relax, and took note of the deposit and outstanding balance, but when I was checking out, the lady at the front desk actually overcharged me!! I was quite shocked and I whipped out my phone where I stored all the emails, costs, etc and yes, she was actually overcharging me. I immediately called Cameron over and he sorted everything out for us. Apparently, this wasn't the first time they did something like that so do not close one eye if it happens to you and be very alert!

Other tips: if you're there diving, you'll get only 2 dives a day and the rest of the afternoon and evening off so find the time to roam around the village outside and try different places for food, massage, etc. P.S. There's free Wi-Fi in almost every restaurant!

Also, there's a night market in the area and you can pay for the taxi service from Good Days to the night market, which is about 15 mins away. The driver will drop you at the start of the market and it's very easy to navigate around.

• Stayed November 2012, travelled with friends