Lanta Miami Bungalows
US$40
US$111
US$71
Agoda.com
Lanta Sand Resort and Spa(Ko Lanta)(Great Value!)
US$57
US$45
US$264
US$249
Agoda.com
Pimalai Resort and Spa(Ko Lanta)
US$751
US$507
Hotels.com
US$52
US$38
Agoda.com
Baan KanTiang See Villa Resort(Ko Lanta)
US$160
US$147
Agoda.com
MOONLIGHT Exotic Bay Resort(Ko Lanta)(Great Value!)
US$82
US$40
Agoda.com
Lanta Castaway Beach Resort(Ko Lanta)(Great Value!)
US$57
All reviewsseparate billslove barinfinity poolklong nin beachgreat beachfeet in the sandfamily bungalowhotel grounds arecheapest roomgreat accommodationfire showbeach viewnice balconymassage placesate herepeace and quietkrabi airport
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 25 March 2014

Lanta Miami has everything you need for a peaceful, relaxing holiday in an idyllic location. We were lucky enough to be given a bungalow with a pool/beach view - I would definitely advise booking one of these as the other bungalows are slightly tucked away. The room itself was clean, tidy and spacious with good air con and excellent facilities. The pool was great, very family-friendly, and the restaurant served a great variety of Thai and Western food. The staff are a little shy at first but friendly when you get to know them. Lanta Miami is located roughly halfway across Koh Lanta so all of the excursions are easily accessible and there are nearby shops and other restaurants to try.
The beach is gorgeous and, for those who want to stay out a little later, the bar next door serves half price cocktails until 11pm. It is a quiet island, so it may not suit those who are looking for beach parties etc.
If it wasn't for my diamond earrings going 'missing' after the cleaner visited our room, then I would have given 5/5.
All in all, I would highly recommend Lanta Miami. The location is amazing, the bungalows are very well kept and I thoroughly enjoyed my visit.

Room Tip: Book a bungalow with a pool view - you can see the beach too!
  • Stayed: March 2014, travelled with friends
Reviewed 10 March 2014

The gardens are in beautiful order and the gardener is very friendly. The bungalows have a wow factor at first. But then the stone ring in the bathroom is full of previous owners hairs. I ignored them and then it is fine, as a whole the bungalows are clean. It might also be difficult to clean each stone within the stone ring.
The bungalows are too close to each other, it feels like a caravan site. The worst for us was not to be able to open the window. So instead of the sound of the ocean at night, one hears the aircon. It is not my idea to holiday on the beach in a box. The beach is full of rocks, further up are none and the people are a bit younger, so I would recommend to go there. Its easier to meet people there, unless of course one had children. There is also the mosque wailing at 5.35 am, shortly, just when one is snoozing again, to be followed up by another shorter wailing session.
I did like the breakfast, however I find it bad if you can order real coffee, but you can only have instant coffee for breakfast.
I gave terrible marks to the pool, but thats not the hotels fault, it was just from morning until night full of kids, and therefore no fun for us ever to swim in it for various reasons. But the sea is great anyway further up.
As a whole the place is well kept and extremely family friendly(the owner has plenty playing in the restaurant too)
I would not stay there again and I would not recommend it to my friends.

Room Tip: We stayed in a deluxe one, I think they are the best.
  • Stayed: February 2014, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 10 February 2014

Nice pool. Nice bungalows. A few friendly staff. Management? They need some serious customer service training. I have travelled quite a lot in South East Asia. Never have I stayed somewhere in this price range that misunderstands the value of a customer so much. Run by a family who work at the bungalows. 1st day: we order lunch, we are served the wrong food. Head waiter who took the order insists we are wrong. When we asked 'so you are saying that me, the customer, is wrong and you, the waiter, are right?' his answer 'yes'. 2nd day: I ask for a fan in my room because I don't like air con that much. Receptionist told me 'we only have this one at reception and you can't have it.' Ok fair enough. 3rd day: owner says 'you have to pay 80baht for a cup you broke'. Yes I dropped a cup 5cm onto a wooden table and it split in 2. There is a price list in the bungalow of how much you have to pay if you break something. From TV to ashtray. I pointed out that there wasn't a restaurant list of breakage costs. Owner simply said 'you break something you must pay for it'. 4th day: I walk into the restaurant to order some lunch. I find some staff who are on their phones so indicate with my menu that I would like to order. Most look down and the one who was too slow realises she has to help me. She is at the back of the group but does not move forward but takes the order across her friends whilst staying seated. I own a hotel/restaurant. I know about the value of a customer and it's not in dollar signs.

• Stayed: January 2014, travelled with family
3  Thank HayBalm
Reviewed 8 February 2014

Having traveled throughout Thailand for years, I know a well-run Thai hotel when I see it, and Lanta Miami is extremely well-run. The manager is very attentive and accommodating, and his staff is plentiful and energetic. With this being the exception in hotels of this price range in Thailand, I was very pleasantly surprised to see this.

We had nine nights at Miami, so we got a good feel for the place. What we liked best was the overall atmosphere. We felt like we were staying at a resort, rather than just a beach bungalow. The large and gorgeous swimming pool really makes the place and gives it that resort feel. But there is a lot more.

The lobby is spacious and spotless. The restaurant is borderline excellent, with great service no matter what time you choose to eat. The prices also were very reasonable.

The included breakfast buffet was more than adequate. Not the best, but definitely not as poor as some reviewers have indicated. We did not miss breakfast a single day, so that tells you that it was worth it.

One of the best things to us was that our bungalow was cleaned every day while were were having breakfast. This is practically unheard of at a hotel in this class. At most hotels, you are very lucky to have your place cleaned before 2 p.m., so to have the room cleaned at 9:30 a.m. was quite nice.

Our Deluxe bungalow was beautiful and just steps from the gorgeous beach. We were given two beach chairs to use either on our balcony or to take onto the beach.

With only around 20 bungalows, there are no crowds to hassle with at breakfast or around the pool.

The other thing that gives the place a nice feel is the bar, which is run separately by a few friendly and interesting guys.

As for the beach ... It was our first time on Koh Lanta, and I am 100 percent sure we made the right choice to stay in Khlong Nin. It may not be the most breathtakingly beautiful beach in Thailand (though it is very beautiful), but all things considered, I think it is the best beach I have been to in Thailand. The sand is extremely fine and almost white. The beach is long (a good 2 kilometers). The water is emerald green and has some decent places to snorkel right off the beach, especially in front of Miami. And there are just enough bars and restaurants sprinkled throughout Khlong Nin to keep you interested even if you stay for a while.

We had a peek at Long Beach (horrible) and Khantiang Bay (too many boats, too small and not as pretty as advertised), and could not believe how much better Khlong Nin was.

Miami caters largely to young families, so if you do not want a place with small children, you may not love it. But we were not too bothered by this.

Overall, we had a great time, and will be back for sure!

• Stayed: January 2014, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 10 January 2014

Lanta Miami bungalow area is green and has good feeling. The rooms are average, in a need of update. We stayed first 3 nights on beachfront bungalow. Our bungalow had the massage point just in front of us. So we didn´t have the beach view from our bungalow. The last 2 nights we stayed at deluxe bungalow and it was very good value for money. That room was on better shape and still had very good access to beach. Good breakfast.

Room Tip: No point to pay extra for the beachfront bungalow.
  • Stayed: December 2013, travelled with friends