“Fantastic customer service”

Thai House Beach Resort - Koh Lanta
Singapore, Singapore
“Fantastic customer service”
Reviewed 17 January 2013

Thank you Kim and Saibua for making my stay at Thai House Resort such a pleasant one. I am really happy to meet you guys!

The staff at the resort were really helpful and would do their best to accommodate to your requests.

A word of advice, if you do take the fan room, please do manage your expectation. Basically I am a simple person who wouldn't mind a few mosquitoes in my room, and I am satisfied as long as there is a bed in the room.

Overall, it was a pleasant stay at Thai House Resort. It is also a stone throw away from my dive center (Dive & Relax)

• Stayed January 2013, travelled solo

Business
Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (40)
Salalah, Oman
Reviewed 14 January 2013

My rating of 'average' is really related to the price of this place. Had it been cheaper then I'd happily have rated it higher, but for the cost involved I found it a little lacking. We stayed in the concrete 'bungalow'. Room was fairly basic, but spacious and nice to have a little patio area outside to sit. Bathroom again basic, but had adequate shower with hot water. The staff were super friendly and the restaurant food was good (although overpriced). We enjoyed our stay. It has a relaxed vibe and a great peaceful location by the beach. We stayed 4 nights and could've happily stayed longer but just really felt that it was expensive for what we got. By the way, can't fault the wifi!

• Stayed November 2012, travelled as a couple
Leusden, The Netherlands
Reviewed 3 January 2013

Really lovely place to stay, next to lovely beach.
We had a very warm welcome and all the help you could wish for!!
On the down side, I think the price is a bit high for the room you get.

Overall we loved our stay here.

• Stayed December 2012, travelled with friends
Singapore
Reviewed 9 December 2012

The slightly more expensive rooms seemed really lovely. I booked the bamboo bungalow and thought it was quite creepy the moment i went in. Had my doubts of leaving my bag on the ground. Due to issues with my card, I decided to stay only one night with the deposit paid prior to arrival, and to utilise the deposit I moved to a more expensive room which seems a lot cleaner. The bamboo bungalow, in all honesty, I thought was swamped with mosquitoes (sorry I'm allergic to mozzies' bites!), and the lights were way too dim. I've met travellers who stayed there and thought it was okay. The room I had was probably the garden double room with AC and fan and TV (if you really need that..?).

Wifi was good - I dont think I ever got disconnected, even on repeated visits. Kim was very nice, always smiling! The receptionists Saibua and Nik were very sweet... I actually felt quite well taken care of the first day and I kept going back! Location was excellent, 2min walk to the beach. The other way takes you to 7-11, minimart, bars, pharmacy etc.

All in all I think the crew and everything else was good - but the budget bamboo bungalow can be improved jjjuuuuussssttt a bit; even a brighter light would be quite good!

• Stayed November 2012, travelled solo
1 Thank cattidudette
London, United Kingdom
Reviewed 25 November 2012

spent two weeks in the Thai beach houses, (like a hut on stilts) with a sea / beach view. Very clean ,Fan and Air Con. reasonably priced - Some lovely helpful staff , who will arange transfers , days out and advice on where to go what to see. There is a restaurant on the beach, not sure if it does breakfasts, but some nice lunches had there. Will definatlky be booking this resort again

Room Tip: There was a choice of bamboo fan rooms, the Wooden Houses we had and also purpose brick built air co...
  • Stayed November 2012, travelled with friends
global dive traveller
Reviewed 30 August 2012

I visited Thai House in May 2012 and I have to say, it was one of the friendliest places I have ever stayed at. Our room was just a stone's throw from the beach, and I woke each morning to hear the sound of the sea lapping on the beach - bliss. I stayed at one of the houses that directly overlooked the water. The room was clean and spacious with nice touches of decoration inside. The free wi-fi was fast. The bathroom had hot water and a good shower. We had a huge wardrobe, with a desk and chair, as well as TV. We also had a balcony with chairs to sit and relax outside. There was a restaurant on the premises, although meals were not included. The restaurant was excellent, sitting with a cocktail watching the sun go down was a highlight of our relaxed trip. There were plenty of restaurants close by, as well as a shop selling drinks and snacks just around the corner. The staff were so friendly, Kim the owner was always on hand to check we were OK and Saibur and Nen (hope I've spelled that right) were lovely. I have visited Koh Lanta before but this was my first visit to Thai House - it won't be my last.

Room Tip: Although there are cheaper rooms away from the beach, nothing beats the sounds of the sea when you w...
  • Stayed May 2012, travelled as a couple
Malmo, Sweden
Reviewed 24 June 2012

I booked a few days at the Thai House on the recommendation of our dive shop. We stayed for several nights, then moved on to another hotel, where I felt I got a significantly better deal

On the plus side, Thai House is surrounded by a pleasant garden and is as close to the beach as any of the places along Long Beach. The staff were always helpful and polite and there were several places to eat nearby

So why the Average score? I have stayed on Lanta a couple of times now, and booked other hotels in Thailand, and I just did not feel the quality of the rooms at Thai House was quite up to the price we paid. The outside of the huts (we had a 'Thai House' room) was pleasant enough, but the comfort level, decor and furniture inside were what I would expect from a room in a lower price range.

I expect some knocks and scratches, but the two rooms we tried were just a touch too worn and lacking in storage space to really meet my expectations. There were the usual collection of dodgy wiring installations, leaky air conditioning (the staff moved us to a non-leaky room with no complaint though), torn curtains etc. that you often find in cheaper beach places. If the price had been say 30% lower, I might have accepted this, but I really feel the price justified something better by local standards.

Apart from the price, my other niggle was with the restaurant next door (actually bordering on the grounds of the hotel, and only a few meters from the rooms). It was fine for a drink or a reasonable meal, but we were kept awake a couple of nights by the sound system and karaoke singers - not really what you want when you have to get up early for a dive

You should also note that the restaurant is not associated with Thai House, so whilst you can buy breakfast there, none is included in the room price. The hotel has free wireless internet, although you will need to be in or near reception to be able to log on.

To summarise, if you are not worried about a bit of noise in the evening, and you can get a good deal, then consider Thai House as an option - the staff and location were pleasant - but be sure to check out other places at the same price to see if you think it is worth it

Room Tip: Ask to see the room first - there were significant differences in quality between adjacent huts.
  • Stayed April 2012, travelled as a couple