“family bungalow okay but basic”

Thai House Beach Resort - Koh Lanta
Reviewed 16 February 2013

We stayed in one of the new family bungalows.There was five of us in one room, but the size was okay. The porch area was small for us but would be okay for two.The plumbing in the bathroom was disappointing, smelled a little off and very little water pressure in the shower. The most irritating factor was the constant supply of mosquitos, no matter how hard we tried to keep them out.The rooms were cleaned well each day and the staff were friendly. The complex was prettily planted and had a nice feel. It was very handy to a large selection of restaurants. Our favourite being Tiger Wings and Mays. The restaurant (separate business) on the beach is beautifully located but way over priced. We were a little disappointed in this accommodation overall as we had received so much more for our money in Central and Northern Thailand and all other places had adequate mosquito proofing. Kim did provide us with a kettle which we appreciated but there was no complimentary tea/coffee/fruit/water etc which we had become accustomed to and I had to ask twice for extra toilet paper and soap. We had booked in here for 6 nights at the end of our holiday and stayed for the duration that we had booked. It's not easy to relocate a family of five in peak season but we were happy enough stay there anyway.

Room Tip: Ask for a mosquito net!
  • Stayed: January 2013, travelled with family
1  Thank Kim B
There are newer reviews for Thai House Beach Resort - Koh Lanta

Reviewed 3 February 2013

We stayed here for a couple nights after having a terrible experience at a different hotel. They have a range of accommodations here from fan bungalow that were tidy to neat wooden thai houses that were moved from a jungle. The check-in with Kim was really great, she is so friendly. There is a nice book exchange at reception too. Our room was cleaned everyday (very unusual for Thailand) and there are chairs where you can chill out in the sun or shade and watch the ocean. The restaurant is a little pricey, but really delicious (it is a separate business, but right at the hotel). The beach is really nice and long. Lots of restaurants to choose from and there is a 7-11 right next to the hotel.

• Stayed: January 2013, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 17 January 2013

Thank you Kim and Saibua for making my stay at Thai House Resort such a pleasant one. I am really happy to meet you guys!

The staff at the resort were really helpful and would do their best to accommodate to your requests.

A word of advice, if you do take the fan room, please do manage your expectation. Basically I am a simple person who wouldn't mind a few mosquitoes in my room, and I am satisfied as long as there is a bed in the room.

Overall, it was a pleasant stay at Thai House Resort. It is also a stone throw away from my dive center (Dive & Relax)

• Stayed: January 2013, travelled solo
Reviewed 14 January 2013

My rating of 'average' is really related to the price of this place. Had it been cheaper then I'd happily have rated it higher, but for the cost involved I found it a little lacking. We stayed in the concrete 'bungalow'. Room was fairly basic, but spacious and nice to have a little patio area outside to sit. Bathroom again basic, but had adequate shower with hot water. The staff were super friendly and the restaurant food was good (although overpriced). We enjoyed our stay. It has a relaxed vibe and a great peaceful location by the beach. We stayed 4 nights and could've happily stayed longer but just really felt that it was expensive for what we got. By the way, can't fault the wifi!

• Stayed: November 2012, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 3 January 2013

Really lovely place to stay, next to lovely beach.
We had a very warm welcome and all the help you could wish for!!
On the down side, I think the price is a bit high for the room you get.

Overall we loved our stay here.

• Stayed: December 2012, travelled with friends
Reviewed 9 December 2012

The slightly more expensive rooms seemed really lovely. I booked the bamboo bungalow and thought it was quite creepy the moment i went in. Had my doubts of leaving my bag on the ground. Due to issues with my card, I decided to stay only one night with the deposit paid prior to arrival, and to utilise the deposit I moved to a more expensive room which seems a lot cleaner. The bamboo bungalow, in all honesty, I thought was swamped with mosquitoes (sorry I'm allergic to mozzies' bites!), and the lights were way too dim. I've met travellers who stayed there and thought it was okay. The room I had was probably the garden double room with AC and fan and TV (if you really need that..?).

Wifi was good - I dont think I ever got disconnected, even on repeated visits. Kim was very nice, always smiling! The receptionists Saibua and Nik were very sweet... I actually felt quite well taken care of the first day and I kept going back! Location was excellent, 2min walk to the beach. The other way takes you to 7-11, minimart, bars, pharmacy etc.

All in all I think the crew and everything else was good - but the budget bamboo bungalow can be improved jjjuuuuussssttt a bit; even a brighter light would be quite good!

• Stayed: November 2012, travelled solo
1  Thank cattidudette
Reviewed 25 November 2012

spent two weeks in the Thai beach houses, (like a hut on stilts) with a sea / beach view. Very clean ,Fan and Air Con. reasonably priced - Some lovely helpful staff , who will arange transfers , days out and advice on where to go what to see. There is a restaurant on the beach, not sure if it does breakfasts, but some nice lunches had there. Will definatlky be booking this resort again

Room Tip: There was a choice of bamboo fan rooms, the Wooden Houses we had and also purpose brick built air co...
  • Stayed: November 2012, travelled with friends