“Lovely visit and friendly staff”

Thai House Beach Resort
Ranked #19 of 85 Hotels in Ko Lanta
Reviewed 29 November 2013 via mobile

My friends and I spent 3 nights at the Thai House Beach Resort. Although it rain for most of our stay we still enjoyed ourselves.

We had the different rooms, a beach front bungalow, an aircon room and a bamboo hut. I stayed in the bamboo hut which came equipped with free water, shower room and a mosquito net. The room was clean and spacious. It was cleaned everyday day and the staff were friendly.

Although it rained everyday, the location is fantastic for wandering around. We went to the local shops, ate in several restaurants and drunk lovely cocktails at happy hour bars.

The highlights were:

Cocktails at the Sanctuary and the next hotel along where we christened the lady behind the bar Mama Thai. She made fantastic White Russians and mocktails. Friday night we went to Korner Bar which had a really good beach party where we met local people and westerners working as dive instructors.

Great restaurants were Red Snapper, although not Thai food we enjoyed the change and Mai's Kitchen.

The best food was at Saladan, where we are in The Black Pearl several times.

Stayed: November 2013, travelled with friends

Reviewed 27 November 2013

I chose Thai House based on previous TA reviews and can only say it was everything I expected and more. Kim was wonderfully welcoming as were the 2 girls (Ni & Om sp?), nothing was too much trouble, from the moment I arrived until my final day.

Kim was quick to respond to emails and even arranged a transfer to pick me up from the airport, giving me the driver description, car registration and colour, something I really appreciated as a female solo traveller.

The resort is situated right on the beach, I could hear the waves from my room. The rooms are cleaned everyday, are spacious and have a lovely balcony area to sit and take in the surroundings.

Unfortunately for me it rained most of the 6 days i was there but luckily there is a reception area to sit and chat the day away (the girls speak good English) which meant i got to get to know them and the island and meet some of the other guests staying.

All in all I would definitely recommend Thai House and hope to return in the not too distant future when fingers crossed the sun comes out for me!

Thanks Kim, Ni, Om and Tony!

Stayed: November 2013, travelled solo
1  Thank tannedchick
Reviewed 3 November 2013

We spent 7days after planned 2 days there bc we found the thai house so nice and relaxing. We were there off-season so it was quite calm. The location is next to the beach and the beach was really nice. the rooms were large and very clean so we really had a great stay there!
One other important thing!!!!!!if you come by ferry, don't listen to people on there trying to sell you overpriced taxi service (say claim that you have to book it with them and show you a flyer of the police). The guy even screamed at us that we would have to book it, other wise we would habe to walk...but we didn't do it, went off board and took the first taxi for a much cheaper price :) so stay strong ;)

Stayed: August 2013, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 30 October 2013

Stayed here for a week in low season, and we almost had the place to ourselves. Me and a buddy had one of the Thai House villas and one of the Sea View doubles. Both rooms were nice and clean, with all desired amenities. Staff was very nice and helpful.

There were some construction going on at the site when we were there, but nothing to bothersome. Guess they were just preparing for High season.

Only thing that bothered me during the entire stay was that the Air con in my room blew the fuses from time to time, and the last day of my stay, I could not use the AC at all.

Will definitely stay here again.

• Stayed: October 2013, travelled with friends
Reviewed 26 August 2013

I've been living in Thailand for over a year, and I escaped here on two different occasions. The first time for a week during low season on my own. The second time for a couple nights, with a few friends visiting me, again during low season. I stumbled upon it by a referral from another local foreigner who has been living on the island for a bit. They highly recommended it to me, and I am glad they did. It is right on the beach and has a 7-eleven at the beginning of the path that goes to the resort, and a roti lady that sets up her cart there every night by it. Bonus points! It is owned by an Irish lady, Kim, who is such a doll and very welcoming. Ni is the Thai lady who Kim has hired to help run the resort, and Ni was a god-sent. Her English is impeccable and she is very helpful with answering any questions you may have, or just shoot the breeze and chit chat. Kim and Ni made me feel at home here for the week by myself and for the couple nights when I came back with friends from home. They will help you with whatever adventures you are looking for. They offer bike hire, tour booking, visa run services, bus tickets, ferry tickets, cooking class sign-ups, etc. Like I said, they are very resourceful and want to make your stay the best. I will not hesitate to stay here again if I find myself back on this beautiful island.

Also, the mosquitoes on Koh Lanta I found are the most blood thirsty ones I've encountered in the whole of Thailand so far. There's been a number of cases of dengue fever on this island, so just a heads up to maybe utilize bug repellant.

• Stayed: July 2013, travelled solo
1  Thank Renita_american
Reviewed 24 April 2013

I stayed here with a group of friends for a week in early April. We stayed in two twin air-conditioned rooms next to the hotel reception, which were always clean, cool and the beds were comfortable. This hotel is in a beautiful setting, surrounded by small garden areas and right next to the beach, along which there are plenty of places to go for food or drinks.

I cannot recommend the staff in this hotel enough - Ni was extremely helpful, and organised everything for us! We only meant to stay in Koh Lanta for a couple of days but the hotel was so wonderful, and there was so much to do on the Island, that we stayed all week. Ni helped us to decide on what trips to take, booked everything for us, and even organised our travel back to Bangkok. This hotel has thought of everything, there are even beach towels for sale for people (like me) who forget to pack them!

I strongly recommend this hotel for visitors to Koh Lanta!

• Stayed: April 2013, travelled with friends
1  Thank Emily F
Reviewed 14 April 2013

I stayed here in March with my partner and 2 small kids. From the moment we checked we were made to feel welcome by Kim ( Northern Irish ) and her staff. Always easy to ask for advice and talk to. Bungalow we stayed was great for the 4 of us, a 1 min walk to the beach and restaurant - which was very good. TV, fridge, AC and bottled water provided each morning. I would have no problem coming back to stay here, in fact we are thinking of booking again for next year.
Thanks again guys for the stay..

• Stayed: March 2013, travelled with family