“Bad deal! Can definitely find better place to stay!”

I-Yarade Suite Residence
Ranked #117 of 151 Ko Lanta B&B and Inns
Reviewed 8 March 2011

Before I give the negative commands, I have to say the people there, apart from this useless girl who messed up the booking, are very nice. They tried to help.
Ok, so we were very happy to be able to find a place for everyone at the last minutes. We are there with my husbands parents and the kids. When we arrive, we were so upset to find out that there is no lift (Not mention in the website), and my father in laws had a broken leg. Then we are found out the room is very small, far from what they look like in the photos. My bad, I worked in this field, I should have know better. Then we have to argued that they are not giving us enough towels, we are there with kids...no, only the towels with those who paid. Then the baby cot that we paid for did not come with bed sheet, just plastic mat. I was really angry that they are so stingy, what kind of service is that? Anyway, they promised to upgrade us because someone already booked out room for the last 2 days. Then when the day came, they actually down graded us and wished that we would never found out. The room they transferred us to was much cheaper, not the "luxury" one they promised. I had to deal with the new staffs who is nice but did not know anything about it. And the bloody girl who doubled booking went on holiday.
Anyway, not for families, a bit far from the sea, too expensive for what they are, no idea about service.

• Stayed: December 2010, travelled with family

Reviewed 8 February 2011

Our first impression of the I-Yarade was not the best, the pre-booked airport transfer did not show up at Krabi Int. And, therefore we were stranded for over half an hour. We managed to arrange our own transfer but at an increased cost to us, when compared to the pre-booked one.

On arrival to the property we were then quizzed as to our whereabouts by Reception, who implied that the transfer had been waiting at the airport. They were quite insistent about this, but tripped themselves up, by mentioning that the transfer people had come back to the resort, because our flight had been delayed. To which I responded, that it was obviously their mistake, and that they should have waited for the plane to land, regardless of delay. To add insult to injury, Reception then implied that we were to pay for the transfer, which quite clearly hadn't been there. I need not tell you what our answer was.

On being shown the room, it was quite clear that the supposed two bed apartment, was in fact a one bed apartment, with the living room, cheaply converted into a second bedroom. This meant that whoever occupied the en-suite bedroom, would be disturbed every call of nature and that same person would have to go without their own TV. There was only one TV and that was in the temporary bedroom, which should have been the living room.

On questioning this and raising our concerns with Reception, I will honestly say that they did everything they could to remedy the situation. It took a few days for them to source a TV that worked, which was eventually put right. However, by this time it was clear that there was nothing to watch on it. They were recycling the same five channels over a 20 channel selection.

Then came the noise. If it wasn't the neighbours banging and scraping their furniture about it was the constant drone and bang of the water pump, which was situated on the top floor. God help anyone that gets a room higher than first, it will drive you mad.

We were offered a remedy for the noise and that was to swap with the noisy neighbours but that would mean moving a floor upwards, nearer to the water pump. We declined.

Overall the rooms are not of a good standard, cold and clinical with some tacky furnishings. It was over priced in my opinion given what I could rent for the half the price in Bangkok. You got no cleaning products, if you chose to go with the no cleaning package. I was abruptly told to go out and buy my own. We did not receive any clean linens over a three week period and had to take our things to one of the many laundry shops. You also have to pay for water and electricity, at marked up per unit costs.

In a nutshell, steer clear! That is, unless you have too much money to care and don't mind paying for crap!

Oh and whilst I remember, they lock the doors at 8-9pm every night, so ask them to explain how you get back into the building. Otherwise it could be a long night outside.

• Stayed: January 2011, travelled with family
1  Thank RandomGeeza
Reviewed 22 April 2010

We booked ourselves into I-Yarade Residence Apartments for long stay of 6 weeks in February and were not sure what to expect. However, when we arrived the apartments were quite new in a Thai style building and we were very impressed with the size of the apartment. The decor, shower, ensuite, bedroom and kitchen and balcony were all far better than expected. The staff were all very friendly and helpful throughout our stay. We went on a room only basis and either ate breakfast in the kitchen/diner or outside in one of the local bars/restaurants of which there are too many to count!
If you are a bit older, or are travelling with family and would prefer a bit more comfort than a beach bungalow with a fan, then this could be for you.
The I-Yarade Residence is in a good location, although on the roadside, there is a roadway to the beach opposite which takes around 3 minutes to Long Beach and this was probably the best place to stay because to the right of the apartment we could go to Saladan and Klong Dao Beach; and to the left we could go Long Beach then Klong Khong Beach by walking , scooter or Tuk-tuk!
We rented a scooter once a week and travelled around the Island and across to Koh Lanta Noi and the manland. The most striking thing about Koh Lanta was the friendliness of all the Thais and especially the children.
It is a very safe Island, no cars racing around. Plenty of backpackers and no rowdy teenagers, just nice kids.
All the restaurants and beach bars close the residence are good to eat in - no loud music blaring out from each one!
The Ex-Pat bar a few doors away does a great Massaman Curry and they even make their own sausages!
If going to Koh Lanta its really chilled out and two weeks would never be enough and you WILL want to go back for more.

• Stayed: February 2010, travelled as a couple
1  Thank EssexMax
Reviewed 2 March 2010

Having spent 7 days with my friend at I-Yarade beachfront Villa in Koh Lanta, it was really good place to stay. For me, it is peaceful in the middle of developed Klong Nin beach. When we arrived, everything is ready upon our arrival. The staff informed us to close the door to the villa and door towards the beach every time we open it. This made nothing can bother out peaceful holiday. When we wanted some food, we just walked or rode motorcycle to 7-11 located at the alley. If we stayed at our villa, there’s nothing better than reading a favorite book on sunbathing chair.

• Stayed: January 2010, travelled with friends
Reviewed 7 January 2010

We spent our first three nights in the I-Yarade Residence in one of the one bedroom apartments. Although our first impression of the residence was not good , we enjoyed our stay and would reccomend the residence. When we arrived the staff were disorganized and the reception area was a mess. By north american standards, it was worth the money and the service was okay, but compared to the service and cleanliness of the other places we stayed in Thailand it was disappointing.

We then spent the next three nights in one of the beach front villa. We had to ask the neighbours where to find breakfast and obtaining towels for the beach was difficult. The staff were always happy to help, but were disorganized. Before you stay here, get the list of the breakfast places from the owners before hand. The deck and loungers are beautiful and look just like the pictures. The villa itself is okay. The hot water in the shower is difficult to get and without screens we had to keep the doors and windows closed the whole time we there. This villa has beautiful views of the sunset and we enjoyed our three days, but believe it is over priced and had we payed $3000-$3500 Bhat a night we would have thought it was great. Unfortunately we had a good holiday but feel like we payed way too much for the villa.

• Stayed: January 2010, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 2 January 2010

This review is for I-Yarade Beach front Villa at Klong Nin. We had a wonderful time there. I know that some people complained about the noice from bars and the traffic but it didn't bother us at all. In fact it was perfect having a house so private right on the beach, and yet close to all the bars and shops. Klong Nin seems to be the cheapest beach (compared to Pra-Ae och Klong Dao), and more of a back-packer atmosphere than the other beaches, which we liked. This meant that even if the villa was quite expensive compared to the other hotels we stayed at during our 3 weeks on Lanta, we ended up spending far less money here on eating and drinking then at the other beaches.

I can agree with the reviewer who wrote that this is not "luxury" but if you want real luxury on popular beaches in Thailand you have to pay far more than for this house. I found this to be a paradise, especially when you travel with small children (being "locked in" a hotelroom with a balcony when the children are asleep is not always so fun, here you can sit in the garden, overlooking the ocean...). I loved it.

If I have some complaints it's about the cleaning, it was very different, some days perfect som days not so perfect. They never left enough toiletpaper which we ran out of several times.

Lots of lizards in the room and some days huge (really huge!) cockaroaches in the bathroom is not what you would expect from "luxury" hotels either, but as I said, in this price range this is what you could expect. For me this was a perfect holiday.

I also stayed at I-Yarade residence at Long Beach (Pra-Ae) which I was not so happy with, I'll write a separate review for that stay.

• Stayed: December 2009, travelled with family
1  Thank gunilla_1122
Reviewed 24 December 2009

Having recently stayed at the villa with my friends, i would recommend this house to anyone wishing to stay at a truly beautiful house that has it all. The pictures on the site are a true reflection of what you will find. Koh Lanta is a lovely island, with warm seas, great food and friendly people. I-Yarade bechfront at Klong nin beach is very privacy .When we awoke we had a panoramic view of the sea and the islands. It was a once in a lifetime experience. The space and surroundings were fantastic and the staff supporting the villa were always available to assist and support our holiday. Really breathtaking throughout the day. The sunsets are just so spectacular. Sometimes the sky turns reds, orange and purple , othertimes With a cocktail or a glass of wine, sunbed of beachfront are about the most perfect place to be to watch the sun set. it was so wonderful, we checked availability and extended our trip to a week. Highly recommended. Stieve vald

• Stayed: December 2009, travelled on business