“Great Place”

Amantra Resort & Spa
Ranked #32 of 84 Hotels in Ko Lanta
Reviewed 24 April 2014 via mobile

We stayed at Amantra for four nights during April 2014. We had a very pleasant stay with great rooms on the pool right on the beach. The rooms were very clean and had all the necessities with a very comfortable bed. The staff were very friendly and helpfull and helped us plan all our day trips to surrounding Islands as well as a private taxi back to Krabi airport for a reasonable price. I would have however given them a 5star review but we did find the food a bit on the bad side, although it was tasty the baguettes were a bit stale and the spicy papaya salad was quite average. But there are great places nearby to eat. Thank you Amantra for the great holiday!! You guys were awesome!!

Stayed: April 2014, travelled with family
1  Thank Swmanning1911
There are newer reviews for Amantra Resort & Spa

Reviewed 21 March 2014

Stayed a few days and was happy with the stay. This is not like a 5-star level property but is a good resort none the less. The rooms are decent sized, done up well, and all appliances AC etc works fine. They have a nice infinity pool as well as a beach bar which serves some mean cocktails. The food in the resort is also yummy, although there are a host of options on the beach as well which probably serve a bigger variety. I ate out mostly while on my stay here as I love thai cuisine and like trying out new places whenever I'm in Thailand. This is not the best hotel you will stay at in Thailand but on Koh Lanta this is definitely the best budget bet!

1  Thank CutKeller
Reviewed 20 March 2014

My partner and I recently spent a week here and thoroughly enjoyed our stay. Ours was a beach facing villa and the view of the beach from our room was stunning. I must admit, Koh Lanta has some of the most stunning sunsets I have ever seen in Thailand. Amantra resort also has a great spa, where one can check-in for a host of massages. We really enjoyed just relaxing by the pool everyday, taking the odd massage at the spa, and going out for dinner every night while on our stay here. The staff at the hotel is very sweet and helpful. Overall, this is a fabulous option for those looking at ko lanta.

Reviewed 18 March 2014

I stayed here for 10 days on a recent Thailand vacation and used this resort as my base in Krabi. I had booked myself into a garden view room since that was the only one that fit my budget. The room was nice, perfect for a couple, with clean bathrooms and a really comfortable bed. I would've liked to be in one of the beach front villas as those are all located facing the beach, maybe next time. Amantra is on a beautiful peaceful beach in Ko Lanta, and the sunset from here is breathtaking. The beach bar is a really nice option for meals. I had some really good massages at the Amantra spa as well. The staff in general is really friendly and polite. I loved their pool as well, perfectly maintained, and facing the glorious ocean, it was the ideal spot for the hot days. I would recommend Amantra to anyone on a budget who wants to experience all the relaxation and beauty that Thailand has to offer.

Reviewed 13 March 2014

Having travelled through Thailand extensively now I am a little put off by the very commercial, overly modern places and prefer to stay somewhere more organic. Amantra is definitely one such place. The resort has some parts which are still under construction and if you are willing to overlook that like I was, you will have a great time. Their staff is really friendly and nice, took care of me well. My room opened to the beach, which is a pristine stretch of beautiful white sand that meets a sparkling blue sea. I spent a lot of time just relaxing on the beach beds, going for an off swim. I woke up early morning and did yoga on the beach, swam in the pool. It was complete relaxation for me. I ate at the resort mostly and was very happy with their food. I would recommend Amantra to all those tired souls looking to disconnect from a hectic life and waiting to connect with their inner selves.

Reviewed 12 March 2014

Was here for a week and had a great time. Really friendly staff that looks out for your comfort constantly. Loved the pool and the beach bar. Used it extensively. Their manager is a really nice guy, he ensured I had a great time and introduced me to many fun fellow travelers. Great place to meet people. Also really safe.

Reviewed 12 March 2014

Was here for a week and left very happy and satisfied. My room was one of the new ones facing the oceans, this is a better selection of rooms at the resort for sure. The room was nice, big, well done and very comfortable. Good storage space available. Nice big bathroom. The highlight for me was the location. Also it's walking distance from many restaurants and shacks by the beach. Ideal for food lovers like me. Would definitely go again.