“Great Island, Great Facility, Great Relaxation!”
Review of Escape-Cabins

Escape-Cabins
Reviewed 21 January 2013

We just spent a week (January 2012) on beautiful Koh Lanta (so far the best destination we found in all Thailand) and followed a friend's recommendation to Escape Cabins.

The facility is excellent: Beautiful & clean cottages in a beautifully maintained garden, a nice pool, freindly staff. Escape Cabins is nicely located apart from the buzz on the main-road and yet it is only a five minute walk to Long Beach (which is approx. 5 km long and wasn't crowded although it was peak season).

On top, Yuko is an outstandingly great host who speaks english perfectly and helps out with everything: Scooter rental, transportation, excursions, etc...

On our next trip to the Krabi region we will definitely come back! Thanks, Yuko! :-)

Room Tip: We stayed in "Zen", which is undoubtedly the nicest cottage on the spot. Lots of space, a...
  • Stayed: January 2013, travelled as a couple

Reviewed 16 January 2013

We stayed in the Zen Cabin for 5 nights & it was beautifully done. Fanastic living space, large double bed, flat screen tv, dvd player (films available at reception), beaulifully fitted shower room & the terrace with sunbeds & table & chairs was the icing on the cake. Yuko is both friendly & very helpful. We loved her & her cabins ! We were collected from the port free of charge & Yuko also arranged bike hire, taxi's & recommended places to visit & eat. Swimming pool was a big bonus, swam every moring before breakfast as well as at the end of the day. Its not big but we were usually the only people in it !! The cabins are a short walk to Long Beach & the restaurant you go to for breakfast serves some of the best food we had during our 3 weeks in Thailand.
Yuko has 7 cabins, they vary in size, & the site on which they sit is beautifully laid out & peaceful.
The perfect place to stay in Ko Lanta. If we are back that way, we will be staying there again.

Room Tip: We stayed in Zen & even though it has a kitchen area, great for making coffee & keeping your...
  • Stayed: December 2012, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 11 January 2013

Really liked this hotel, it is made up of a number of cabins set around a swimming pool which is open 24 hours. The resort is quite small and owned and run by Yuko who gives brilliant service. Not the cheapest option on Long Beach by any means but very good value for the price. Beach is only 4/5 minutes away.

Stayed: January 2013, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 2 January 2013

This was definitely one of the best places we've ever stayed.
We were here for 3 nights and enjoyed everything about it. The pool is great, room is great, very clean and lots of space. Also lots of space to put things away, in case you stay for a longer period, you don't need to live out of your suitcase.
There is no breakfast or any type of food or drinks available here, but that doesn't matter, as Yuko gives breakfast coupons for the restaurant across the street and there are many restaurants and bars around to choose from.
Location is also very good, as we like a bit of peace and quiet. Escape Cabins is just of the main road, away from the noise, but just a short walk to many restaurant, bars, massage places etc. And if you want to go further away, you just rent a motorbike or catch a tuktuk.
Yuko is so wonderful and helpful, she can arrange everything you want. She arranged a motorbike for us, cooking course, pick up from the ferry and pick up to ferry.
We really enjoyed it there and will go back ones we're in Thailand again.

• Stayed: December 2012, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 9 December 2012

I stayed alone in the cottage (I know.. haha) just for one night. Yuko was very kind to still go through everything with me i.e. remote control, doors, pool...etc. I like that the pool is 24hours. She must had knew I was ready to jump in there and got the lady to once again clean it up a bit.

The cottage does not include breakfast but Yuko included for me but she forgot about the voucher. So she insisted and handed me some money as refund though I refused. Then the minivan to the airport screwed up but Yuko handled it calmly and even checked if they could refund me as well. I must say she is very upright! We spent a while chatting and I was very impressed by her, and of course the rooms there. Everyone I met who stayed there before me was very satisfied and I think Yuko is no doubt a reason why people like that place.

The cats there love sneaking around but they are all gentle and harmless.

Location wise, its situated somewhere quiet but not too far from everything. Just opposite the main road they served pretty good food. I'm not sure about the other rooms but in mine there was a map that shows what's nearby which came in handy.

From our chat, I knew she works with only operators she thinks are good and reliable so if you are looking for diving, tours, cookery class etc you can just book it with her!

• Stayed: December 2012, travelled solo
Reviewed 2 December 2012

We stayed here due to the good reviews on tripadvisor. I would stay here again and was very happy with everything. Room was great, the service was excellent and the breakfast over the road was a good touch of Thailand. The only issue was a pub nearby that played live music on the Monday night. Ear plugs sorted that out though.
If I go back to Lanta I will be staying here.

• Stayed: November 2012, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 24 November 2012 via mobile

Stayed here with my fiancee for a week, rooms are clean, well equipped and very tidy. The service from all the staff and the lovely manager Yuko was fantastic. They really made us feel at home.
The location is about a 10 min walk from the beach but has a small pool. In koh Lanta, the distances are quite big so you need a scooter to get around anyway (unless you want to taxi everywhere) so the location away from the beach didnt bother us at all. The only complaints would be some noise from the nearby bar and in my opinion the pool area was quite small, but this would certainly not keep me from staying here again. Great value for money in the mid range accomodation area.

• Stayed: November 2012