Escape-Cabins
Lanta Resort(Ko Lanta)
US$40
Twin Bay Resort(Ko Lanta)(Great Value!)
US$34
US$26
US$258
US$251
Agoda.com
Long Beach Chalet(Ko Lanta)(Great Value!)
US$41
US$36
Agoda.com
Royal Lanta Resort and Spa(Ko Lanta)(Great Value!)
US$57
US$90
US$56
US$85
US$82
MOONLIGHT Exotic Bay Resort(Ko Lanta)(Great Value!)
US$83
US$40
Agoda.com
All reviewskrua kritsanathe main roadzen roomlong beachsatellite tv channelsminute walksmall poolbook excursionsconvenience storeair conwonderful stayperfect place to staygreat islanddirt roadreally enjoyed our stay herelovely poolferry tickets
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 2 June 2013 via mobile

Another great review on Escape Cabins!! I stayed here during the low season for two weeks. I knew it was somewhat over my budget so I was honest to Yoko (owner) about this. She reacted really nice and we agreed on a good price for us both. I had two amazing weeks, as said earlier its not on the beach but a three minute walk. I actually liked that it wasn't too close since the weather can be rough which makes the sea quite loud. They have a small but nice pool to cool of on the days the sea was too rough or just to take a relaxed dip after a hot day on koh lanta. You might get company from one of the six(!) sweet cats, which a really well taking care of (this in contrary to many hostels who get kittens/puppies to get customers and get rid of the kittens after the high season)

What else to say:

- The beds are very nice!! So? you'd might think, but if you've stayed in Thailand before you know what I'm referring to. Most Thais beds are just plain concrete covered by a cotton sheet. Yoko has actual mattresses ;-). A relief after 4 weeks of rocky sleep.

- rooms are cleaned everyday although the bathroom was already immaculate when I arrived. No mold insight. I didn't get new towels every day (doesn't have to... Environment). But got them every time I asked for them.
The rooms have there own fridge, you get two bottles of 500ml water each day and you have your own water boiler. You also get free one cup coffee bags. Coffee is never far in Thailand, but it was nice to start my day with a coffee next to the pool or on your own terrace.

If your looking for a relaxed atmosphere, very nice rooms and good location, go here!

• Stayed: May 2013
Reviewed 18 May 2013

It was a toss up between choosing a beach front villa in Koh Lanta and one slightly more inland. But after reading all the wonderful reviews about Escape Cabins, our decision was made and I am glad we chose Escape Cabins. For one, it meant that we got out and explored the several wonderful beaches in Koh Lanta - we would otherwise have spent most of the time on one beach attached to our resort if we had chosen a beach resort. But more than that is the loveliness of Escape Cabins. It's small but built and laid out in a way that makes it look deceptively large. The place is lush, the rooms are lovely (we stayed in a twin connected room) and of course, the owner Yuko will go out of her way to attend to your every need and request. Then of course are the cats which the kids were delighted to have around. What's also great are the choice of restaurants, a grocery store and ATMs just a few minutes walk away

• Stayed: May 2013, travelled with family
Reviewed 13 May 2013

We stayed in this lovely place for a few nights in April. The owner was very helpful and arranged our tours and transfers. The Zen Cottage was clean, comfy and spacious. The pool is small but a great place to lay out and take a dip to cool off. We would definitely recommend staying here to anyone. I would have given it 5 stars if it were beachfront! But the beach is just a short walk away.

• Stayed: April 2013, travelled with friends
Reviewed 25 April 2013

I stayed at Escape bungalows for nearly 4 weeks and during that time I stayed in different bungalows, the longest in the Zen. I loved it. So much room, real nice interior, your own private balcony with two deck chairs overlooking the garden and the pool, big flat screen tv, fridge, microwave (more like a small kitchenette) air con.Safes were being installed at the time when I left.
The grounds as well as bungalows are being kept in great shape...and bedlinen, towels and bungalows inside are being kept squeaky clean.
Great relaxing vibe around. Staff very friendly and Yuko, the owner very much in control in a very very positive way! Some good books laying around to read during your holiday. close to some food stalls and restaurants (some good, others so so) and a convenient store.
Beach just a short walk across the road. Easy bicycle ride into town and rental of a motorbike can be arranged as well as trips etc.
I miss it all, especially the visiting cats , owned by Yuko
I hope to be back again one day or better, I WILL be back one day!

Room Tip: the lay out as well as interior decorating of the bungalows all differ. check them out if possible. There's also a very roomy family bungalow (the cottage)
  • Stayed: July 2012, travelled solo
1  Thank MagElise
Reviewed 20 April 2013

If you are going to Koh Lanta with your family I can really recommend this place. We stayed in the "cottage" which easily accommodated our family of four. Our kids slept upstairs on the loft and the master bed was downstairs. The house is a very open plan so there is no way to "close the door" to get some privacy in the bedroom and there are no blackout blinds to keep the sun out if you like to sleep late in the morning.The kitchenette is enough to make simple meals and breakfast but with the nearby restaurants we ate out pretty much all the time. After all we were on holiday. There is a small pool but since there are only 7 rooms there was never any lack of space.
The location is good with about 10 minutes walk to the beach and a number of local restaurants within 5 minutes walk.
The service left nothing else to wish for. Anything you could possibly ask for Yuko went to a full arms length to make sure you got it. If we come back to Koh Lanta it is highly likely that we will stay here again.

Room Tip: The "cottage" is great for a family.
  • Stayed: March 2013, travelled with family