Escape-Cabins
US$71
US$264
US$250
Agoda.com
Long Beach Chalet(Ko Lanta)(Great Value!)
US$41
US$36
Agoda.com
Royal Lanta Resort and Spa(Ko Lanta)(Great Value!)
US$58
US$48
  • Breakfast included
Baan KanTiang See Villa Resort(Ko Lanta)
US$158
US$88
Hotels.com
US$109
US$82
SriLanta Resort(Ko Lanta)(Great Value!)
US$137
US$37
  • Breakfast included
All reviewskrua kritsanathe main roadzen roomlong beachsatellite tv channelsminute walksmall poolbook excursionsconvenience storeair conwonderful stayperfect place to staygreat islanddirt roadreally enjoyed our stay herelovely poolferry tickets
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 12 August 2013

Me and my wife stayed there in the beginning of July and enjoyed the relaxed atmosphere. It was a low season so there was fewer tourist than normal but that was good.

We stayed for the first 10 days in ZEN cabin which is really nice (kitchenette, big room, nice toilet, good pool front patio with sun lounger, good bed etc.). The overall facilities are good i.e. the swimming pool is good, they can arrange tours and there are plenty of good restaurants within 2-5 minutes (walking) and it is also a very good place to have a massage in about 2-4 minutes. Yuko will give you a map which shows all of these places which are nearby, very helpful.

We decided to extend our stay and stayed in Cozy for two more nights which was good but not as good as the ZEN cabin. Cozy cabin is smaller than ZEN with no kitchenette but the bed and the toilet was nice.
The staff was great and Yuko very helpful. I highly recommend taking the snorkeling trip and also going to a cooking lesson.

The only thing which might be better is that the wifi signal was not very strong in our cabin but still okay.

Overall the stay at Escabe Cabins was excellent!

Room Tip: Ifyou want more space choose ZEN or Living
  • Stayed: July 2013, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 12 August 2013

Stayed for four nights traveling with my brother. Mid-July is the low-season, so the beaches aren't idyllic due to faster winds and about half of the island's tourist-oriented businesses are closed. There weren't many other tourists around. My brother and I both agree that this was a great time to visit the area -- we had the island to ourselves, everywhere we went was serenely quiet and welcoming in a care-free, make yourself at home kind of way.

Yuko runs a tight ship, and you can rest assured that your stay in Escape Cabins will be a truly carefree experience. From confirming details of your stay before your arrival to providing recommendations on what to do on the island to booking activities and travel for you, she was extremely helpful and very pleasant to interact with. We rented motorbikes from her as well. We stayed in two different cabins: Living and Zen. We both liked Living better because of its kitchen, which allowed us to cook for a change of pace which was a lot of fun. Both were immaculately clean with great showers, soft beds, a/c, the works. The location of the cabins is just 25yds off the main street, so you're away from the roads while also in walking distance of various restaurants, etc. Activities Yuko helped us book included a cooking course and kayaking in the mangrove forest. Otherwise we enjoyed exploring the island on her scooters and making use of her dvd / book collection.

I highly recommend coming here, whether with friends or family. We wish we could have stayed much longer. My brother's favorite part of Thailand was Koh Lanta, and that's mostly due to the high quality of the Escape Cabins experience. Thanks Yuko! -Alan and Craig

Room Tip: Living was great because of the kitchen (stocked with dishes, cookware, everything)
  • Stayed: July 2013, travelled with friends
1  Thank bruinaround
Reviewed 13 June 2013

An absolutely amazing stay at Escape Cabins. Room was spacious, nicely decorated and very clean. Free bottled water was left in our fridge everyday and we even had our own little kitchen area with a microwave and some plates/cutlery. The cabins are spaced around a small pool, perfect for a dip to cool down after a hot day sightseeing! The place is set back from the road and was very peaceful, but shops, restaurants and a very good massage palour (Dreamy's Massage) are walking distance. What also made our stay was Yoko, the owner. She was so welcoming and helpful, she helped us rent a moped, arrange our onward transfer and was generally a pleasure to talk to. Oh and we can't forget the adorable cats owned by Yoko, so chilled out and friendly we wanted to take them home with us!!!

• Stayed: June 2013, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 10 June 2013

If you're looking for a luxury hotel where you get 24 hours room service and snobbish 5 star treatment, this is NOT for you.
OK so I give it 4.5 stars coz I feel there is always scope for improvement.
If you're looking for a comfortable, friendly, clean, spacious and efficient accommodation for the family and don't mind walking 500m to the beach, this is ideal.
We booked here for 3 nights and ended up staying for 4. Wish we had more time. The kids loved the pool just a step away from the cottage. The cottage itself was spacious and felt more like a comfortable home than a hotel. We had a room below, and the kids slept in the comfortable attic above the room. Everything just worked flawlessly. The internet was blazing fast and always worked, unlike some of the fancier hotels I stayed in during my Krabi holiday.
The place does not have a restaurant and I am glad!! Krua Kritsana, just outside has about the best and cheapest Thai food I have had during my entire Thailand trip.
Yuko, the host, is Japanese and has studied in Canada and speaks fluent English. She can arrange anything from you. We hired a car through her and it worked out great. The kids loved her 5 cats (or is it 6 now). They were always around but not intrusive at all!
There is hardly anything that I can find fault with but here is something that could be improved:
1. The Cottage gets hot in peak summer and we needed to leave the 2 A/C's on all the time even when we were out to be comfortable. Not very green but I think some insulation might do the trick.
2. The WC in the washroom is right behind the shower!!! There is ample space on the other side so I wonder if this was a design flaw. The other washrooms in other cottages we saw did not have this issue.
3. The walk to the main road is dimly lit at night and one needs to use a torch. Maybe some lights can be put there.

Otherwise a fantastic place to stay!!

• Stayed: June 2013, travelled with family
2  Thank LAVNEET G
Reviewed 2 June 2013 via mobile

Another great review on Escape Cabins!! I stayed here during the low season for two weeks. I knew it was somewhat over my budget so I was honest to Yoko (owner) about this. She reacted really nice and we agreed on a good price for us both. I had two amazing weeks, as said earlier its not on the beach but a three minute walk. I actually liked that it wasn't too close since the weather can be rough which makes the sea quite loud. They have a small but nice pool to cool of on the days the sea was too rough or just to take a relaxed dip after a hot day on koh lanta. You might get company from one of the six(!) sweet cats, which a really well taking care of (this in contrary to many hostels who get kittens/puppies to get customers and get rid of the kittens after the high season)

What else to say:

- The beds are very nice!! So? you'd might think, but if you've stayed in Thailand before you know what I'm referring to. Most Thais beds are just plain concrete covered by a cotton sheet. Yoko has actual mattresses ;-). A relief after 4 weeks of rocky sleep.

- rooms are cleaned everyday although the bathroom was already immaculate when I arrived. No mold insight. I didn't get new towels every day (doesn't have to... Environment). But got them every time I asked for them.
The rooms have there own fridge, you get two bottles of 500ml water each day and you have your own water boiler. You also get free one cup coffee bags. Coffee is never far in Thailand, but it was nice to start my day with a coffee next to the pool or on your own terrace.

If your looking for a relaxed atmosphere, very nice rooms and good location, go here!

• Stayed: May 2013