“Lanta pole houses is an amazing true Thai life experience”
5 of 5 bubbles Review of Lanta Pole Houses

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Ko Lanta
Lanta Pole Houses
Ranked #97 of 208 Speciality Lodging in Ko Lanta
Monterey, California
“Lanta pole houses is an amazing true Thai life experience”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 25 February 2012

We stayed at lanta pole houses from February 8th through the 18th and the house was lovely, with covered decks perched over the ocean, incredible views, great bedrooms, heated water, refrigerator, stove top, washing machine, maid service, and even accompanying Thai long tail boat service at an extra and very fair cost. The house is in the traditional Thai fishing village which gives the traveler a true Thai lifestyle experience. The Thai neighbors are so friendly and nice. Old Town has great restuarants and far less tourists than the tourist side of the island. The house provided sanction and solitude and meditation from all the tourists. We love lanta pole houses and will be back nexy year for an extended stay. Top notch service...highly recommend pole houses as opposed to the glitter and cost of a four or five star resort where tourists dominate the landscape. For a true Thai experience this is a must do. Oh and we wish we would have reserved the house for a month...next visit we will do just that. AMAZING

• Stayed February 2012

Business
Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (5)
Bali, Indonesia
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 23 February 2012

My Wife and I were fortunate to stay in Coconut house last month. The booking was quick and easy. Susanna the manager was extremely efficient and helpful, and gave us an informative review and history of Lanta’s Old Town upon arrival. There was an information sheet in the house giving many tips and suggestions for living the Thai way. It was totally amazing to interact with the locals on a local level and not to be confined to a wall within a complex or hotel. Living like a local within the village was an eye opener….to say the least. The call of prayer early was a lullaby, the early birds singing their hearts out. The sun rise was one of the best I have seen, so quiet and bright. We were living in a Thai Local fishing village, so one could not help get up with the crack of dawn, but honestly, this was one of my favourite times of the day. It’s great to have a snooze in the afternoon ( after beer ‘O’ clock) in the hammock with the cooling sea breeze. Bliss.
No paper down the loo? What?
What is this bum gun thing?
You wait. It all makes so perfect sense.
This was incredible value for money compared to the “west coast” bungalows our friends were staying at. We were so happy with our choice to do something different .
We will be recommending Lanta pole house’s to all our friends and colleagues who want to experience life without Tea towels.
Roberto

• Stayed January 2012, travelled as a couple
Copenhagen
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 29 January 2012

I totally fell in love with the pictures on the web and contacted the owner Susanna [---], (as you can´t book directly through web) to rent a pole house four a period of 4 days. She answered that she had the Coconut house available for me for the period I requested but that they have a 5 night minimum stay politic (even though the webside says 3 night min.) So I agreed to stay for 5 nights and she confirmed that she will send me an invoice for a deposit. The whole family started looking forward to our trip, we started reading stuff about the area and so on. But the invoice didn´t come and I got the feeling that the owner just kept me on hold for the next days, every day I would receive 1-2 emails where she told me to hold on and that the invoice was on its way. Finally I got an email where she informed me that the "owner" (probably meaning her selv) had rented the place out to somebody else: ( I guess she was just waiting for a better deal and kept me on hold to see if she could rent the place out for a longer period. But I didn´t look for other places as she kept me in the believe that everything was fine. So now I have to start looking again, one week before departure. I kind of have lost the drive to go to Ko Lanta, if you just get treated like a stupid tourist which to squeeze as much money out as possible.

Stayed January 2012, travelled with family
9 Thank JellaB282
LPHLANTA, General Manager at Lanta Pole Houses, responded to this review, 19 December 2013
Thank you for your review. The potential guest contacted us December 31st looking for accommodation for his family.
Unlike a large hotel, with many rooms or suites and there fore the need for a large booking network, we are simply two fully equipped houses with limited availability.
Lanta Pole Houses are listed on a few select websites, like Airbnb and our own website “lantapolehouses.com”. Our manager Susanna tried her best to accommodate this last minute request, but had a simultaneous booking from the Thai owners in Bangkok. Sometimes this can happen and we are truly sorry.
No final conformation or invoice was ever issued, nor any deposit requested to the potential guests.
We deeply apologise if the guests thought there was a conspiracy to keep them away, there was not, it was purely the middle of the holiday season when they contacted us and we were full.

We welcome all guests to visit us in our beautiful over-the-sea houses but please, if possible try to book early for the holiday peak season.
Thank you very much for letting us respond. Kindly, LPH
Panama City Beach, Florida
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 19 September 2011

I did a long-term rental of this house and it was an amazing 6 months spent enjoying the truly unique flavour of Lanta , Old Town. The view is probably the most amazing part of this house. Its built in a completely open style that would allow me to lay in bed and watch the sunrise in the mornings if I chose to. It has a large kitchen and the availability of local seafood is never ending. A market comes to town every Sunday so any fresh items you need for cooking are easily obtainable either in Old Town or elsewhere on Koh Lanta. Old Town is the hopping off point for many of the island tours so you are conveniently located to where you will most likely be departing from and if not local transportation is abundant and cheap. This house is amazing and the times I had there indescribable in words. Evenings spent on the deck fishing and drinking a cold beer , mornings having breakfast on the deck and watching the sunrise , or just laying on my stomach and watching mudskippers play at low tide , did I mention the deck :-)?. The views are beautiful and the neighbors were all friendly. I look forward to returning to old time again in the near future and I hope to be lucky enough to spend another 6 months transfixed with beauty in this same house.

Stayed October 2010, travelled solo
4 Thank chasingwhtrabitz
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 10 April 2011

Having made a booking through an online agency we were somewhat concerned that the accommodation might not live up to the pictures - we needn't have worried. The house was beautiful and set right over the ocean. The owner take great pains to make sure we fully understood that we were not on the beach side of the island. This wasn't a problem as we simply hired a scooter when we wanted to visit the far more developed side of the island. We loved living in a Thai village that wasn't all about tourism but still had some pretty good shops and great restaurants. Lovely village with great people. This was the perfect place for two people keen to get away from it all.

• Stayed March 2011, travelled as a couple
1 Thank sugarflame
Bali, Indonesia
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 3 April 2011

We've been spending one month in this great "home", and enjoyed every minute of it. The best thing is to get much closer to thai life, than renting a bungalow in any resort of Lanta. The Old Town is a great place to find balance between being a tourist, and living with the locals. The other side of the island, where all the sandy beaches are, can be accessed in a 10 minute ride, and there are many different "beach atmospheres" you can find. The house itself is simply great, especially with a 1.5 year old, who can run happily up and down, and can escape the heat around noon in a naturally cooled living area. The sea is so close to you, so it actually becomes a part of you after couple of days. Susanna (she manages the rentals) was very helpful, teaching us to all the important rules a thai village has, and of course you she can organize you anything :)
I would recommend this great house to everyone, thanks for the grat time we had!

• Stayed February 2011, travelled with family
1 Thank kavics
London
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 30 December 2010

My kids (13 and 5) and i thoroughly enjoyed our stay in Lanta Old Town. We had some nice walks, and an amazing view having dinner on the deck of the house. The house is amazing- all made of wood with an oriental minimalist feel to it. After dinner, my daughter 13, caught a fat catfish off the deck.
This place is an ideal place for a family to relax, cook together and eat together. There are a lot of day trips that can be done by renting a motorbike to explore the many beaches of ko Lanta, or longboat to explore the beautiful islands nearby.
I want to go back soon!