********** HIGHLY RECOMMENDED FOR A LAID BACK HOLIDAY WITH FAMILY/FRIENDS **********
The first thing that had struck us was the steep uphill ride to the hotel. So many reviewers have put a note of caution about the way up to the hotel, but believe me it's worth every drop of sweat once you reach to the hotel. The hotel is overlooking the picturesque Kantiang Beach from the best angle possible. It's nothing short of a paradise and no one will ever get bored of the sublime view (no matter how many times we looked at the panorama with awe).
Baan Kantiang See provides us with the personalized villa experience with 2 bedrooms, 2 washrooms, living room/kitchen area and the huge balcony (check out my photos for details). We had a short 4 day trip during the end of low season (early Oct 2012) and had received substantial off season discounts. Our day used to start with a sumptious breakfast at the balcony while the sun peeks out over the green hills on the east. A nice relaxed dip in water in the gorgeous infinity pool, quick nap in afternoon on the reclined beach chairs on the balcony or a swing in the hammock during evening can't be matched with any other holiday experience we had (till now).
Food is just a phone call away to the reception and would be delivered at your doorsteps with half an hour (although we were told to wait for an hour). We had thoroughly enjoyed the authentic Thai dishes and a few Western surprises. If you like to venture around and check out the local cuisines, walk towards the beach and find all sort of restaurants lined up. For Western food choices, "Drunken Sailor" is also available.
Room Service is readily available with smile. All the staffs were excellent with service and never had any issues. The only time we had to wait (for 15 mins) was during check-in time as our villa was not ready. We were put up in another empty villa while the room service did the last minute cleanup. Wifi was available throughout, but signals were rather unstable inside the rooms. But with breathtaking views, delicious food choices, clean surrounding and friendly staffs, there's nothing that can spoil the wonderful and relaxed getaway.
Waiting to get back to Kantiang See again.
A few tips for first timers:
1. You can book the vehicle for airport pickup from the hotel at a premium of 2500 THB (as of Oct 2012). On journey back, one may explore the tours and travels nearby and negotiate airport drop-off by taxi
2. For those who requires on-arrival-visa, Krabi airport does have the counter and opens only during arrival of international flights. They charge 1000 THB/person for the visa. Keep a passport size photo ready. These details are not available in the Thai immigration site as well.
3. Pickup snacks, fruits, drinks from Tesco on your way to the hotel. Ask the driver to stopover to Tesco (there are 2 of them on the way to Koh Lanta)
4. The villas are located midway through the hills and a walk back from Kantiang Beach would take 20 mins. It may look pretty steep, but can easily be covered on foot. Alternatively, one may rent a moped to go around the island. Rent a car is also available for 1200 THB from the hotel as well.
5. Try out the coconut and the smoothies.
6. There are street lights in place and one would not get lost in the darkness (as been suggested by someone earlier).
7. Do not feed the monkeys. They're harmless and won't disturb your sleep. Just keep the doors closed while you're out.
8. And lastly, the Yellow Villa has the best view of them all. You can have an unhindered panoramic view of the sea for over 180 deg. Also can find the magical sunset if you're in luck.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- "PANORAMA VILLA RESORT" Our villas (176 sqm). The villas are suited for two couples or families offering two bedrooms with queen size bed, two bathrooms with outdoor showers, fully equipped kitchen with all you need for making meals at home, living room with 37" a flat screen TV and monitor for international channels, wireless internet, and computer usage. Extra beds for kids are available. Baby cots are also available upon request. Each bedroom has an individual controlled air-condition unit. In addition, for those who prefer to sleep with open doors and windows, there are mounted mosquito net and ceiling fan ready for you to choose. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Agoda, Expedia, Hotels.com and Odigeo so you can book your Baan KanTiang See reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Baan Kantiang See Hotel Ko Lanta