“Excellent atmosphere!!”

Ranked #111 of 146 Ko Lanta B&B and Inns
Manchester, United Kingdom
“Excellent atmosphere!!”
Reviewed 20 October 2013

I have been visiting Moonwalk for 3 years now. I admit that there have been some problems with the staff in previous years but am delighted to see that they have some of their old staff back. They also have great new staff and they all seem to work very well together! This gives the resort a homely feel which you don't find at the bigger places. the food is great and the view is beautiful - definitely one of the best places on Lanta to sit with a (delicious) cocktail and watch the sun go down :). I would recommend this place to anyone, and try not to be put off by the reviews below - there have been a lot of changes I've noticed since I last visited, and the place is much improved!!

• Stayed October 2013, travelled as a couple

Business
Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (9)
  • Czech first
  • Polish first
  • Thai first
Aarhus, Denmark
Reviewed 7 October 2013

Very, very tired room. Door to bath room broken. Bathroom utensiles not re-supplied. Fridge dirty and smelly. Very hard bed, which was made, but linen not changed over a longer stay. Room not cleaned. Airconditioning extremely noisy, so I preferred the ceiling fan (as the front door was askew, I got some mosquito bites on that account). They tried to charge me for a damage done to a motobike previously added to it. Service in the restaurant area deplorable - waiter seemed drunk or on chemicals. Breakfast absolutely not recommendable. When I tried to communicate what I felt was lacking, every trace of English seemed to evaporate from the staff - front personnel to management. Eat somewhere else - stay somewhere else. There are lots of good places in Ko Lanta.

• Stayed December 2012, travelled solo
1 Thank Brian R

Travellers are raving about these Ko Lanta hotels

Reviewed 21 July 2013 via mobile

What a huge disappointment. The service at this establishment is some of the worst I have ever seen at any restaurant. Actually the bartender/server was very polite and seemed embarrassed at how slow and poor the rest of the service was. I went with a party of 3 during slow season, and there was only one other table there when we arrived. I'm not kidding it took AN HOUR AND A HALF for them to make our food, which did not include any significantly challenging dishes, two traditional Thai plates and a sandwich. After waiting about 50 minutes we complained about the length of time it was taking and were told it would be just 10 more minutes. Another 40 would have been a closer estimate. I don't know why anyone would ever go here when there are so many other delicious choices on this island.

• Stayed July 2013
Livingston, United Kingdom
Reviewed 22 March 2013

We headed to Koh Lanta with no accomodation previously booked. Our original choices were fully booked so the next place along the road was here.

On arrival the staff were professional and offered an three bed air conditioned room and free breakfast for 1500 baht a night. We wouldn't normally spend this much but it was the end of the trip so we treated ourselves. The Bungalow was soleless but functional, no decoration or pictures. However the air con worked well, there was a tv and it was clean. Happy with the standard of accomodation its location and the addition of a pool.

The big issue we had: the breakfast, the first day we were offered a choice of two breakfasts continental (jam and toast) or American (same plus eggs). This is what I would expect from a free breakfast at a resort like this. The second day I asked for an American breakfast and they gave me a continental. WHen I turned to ask where the eggs were the guy who delvered ignored me and continued walking back to the bar, one of the other staff said I wan't entitled to the American breakfast under the free breakfast deal.

Whilst I don't have a problem with this it was the way the staff dealt with it thats the issue, they chose not to admit the day before there was a mistake and that I was only entitled to the continental. I tried to complain to a manager which turned out to be the rude moustache guy who looked and acted more like the maintanence guy covering for a lack of staff. He wasn't interested in explaining why breakfast had changed over night and fobbed me off telling me to wait for his manager who will be in, in 30 minutes. It turned out I would have to wait till 1pm to speak to anyone. I admit I got fed up and decided not to pursue the owner, I'm on holiday and it also explains why the staff behave the way they do pre lunchtime.

Whilst I found the accomodation comfortable and acceptable for the price. I would reccomend you avoid the restaurant and any free breakfast deals. Its not the food thats the problem its the staff. There are plenty of enthusiastic thais willing to serve you with a bit of respect along the beach and a much better quality of breakfast for a lower price.

The majority of customers to this resort are walk-ins like ourselves keeping the resort fully occupied, which I guess is why the staff behaviour is never addressed.

• Stayed March 2013, travelled with friends
Reviewed 5 March 2013 via mobile

I did not stay here thankfully, Went to the bar as it was mentioned in a travel guide and supposedly known for its great cocktails.
Cocktails where mediocre and service was awful! Never met such rude staff
View is amazing however especially at sunset
Would highly recommend not going!!

• Stayed March 2013
Reviewed 15 February 2013 via mobile

Can't support or defend the very mixed reviews below as we only ate at the restaurant. In the middle of the day this is one of the very few shaded parts of this end of the beach. There were lovely views of the rest of long beach from the deck and the food was delicious, authentic and freshly made.

Stayed February 2013, travelled with friends
1 Thank Missdeebee
Valletta, Malta
Reviewed 23 January 2013

After reading some daunting reviews we got to this hotel with mixed feeling BUT it was the best stay we had in Thailand :) Food was great so much fresh fish and a beautiful duck curry , amazing cocktails, lovely staff that really went out of their way for us and the amazing Ko Lanta chilled vibe. This place has it all and the best sunset massage .I would suggest booking a newer airconed bungalow though for a few extra Baht its worth the comfort.

• Stayed January 2013, travelled as a couple