After the nearly 2 hour drive and two short ferry rides to reach Koh Lanta Yai, we saw that the island was pretty quiet and a little underdeveloped even in the Saladan township. Part of the reason it was so quiet is that July is considered the offseason. This means ferries, tours, and lots of businesses close during this period. The hotel itself was quite lovely and the buildings were very new looking. The landscaping was attractive and the architecture made it ideal to almost blend in with the local surroundings. The check-in was quick and they took us by golf cart to our room. It was only about a 2 minute ride but there are some steep hills so the ride was appreciated. Our room was one of the Elegance Deluxe ones which is close to the two restaurants and the pool with the swim up bar which has a nice happy hour every day. Our room was spacious, lovely, clean, and well furnished. The bathroom was huge and there was plenty of room for our things. We never felt cramped at all. The bed was big and comfortable. There was a decent selection for the mini-bar but as you can expect, it was a little pricey. Our room was on the 2nd floor overlooking the pool and the view was amazing. Since it was offseason, we were told the hotel was less than half full. It was quiet, relaxing, and the service overall was good. My wife is Thai and she spoke with the managers and other staff to discuss where we should eat and what we should see. We ordered room service 3 times and the food was pretty good. Breakfast was not included with our room and they charged us 500 baht (about $18 USD) each. That's an expensive breakfast so we only ate there one time. There is a tour company which has set up a desk in the hotel's lobby and they provide various tours and rentals. SInce it offseason we were not able to take a boat to Phi Phi island for an entire day. The boats would only allow us about 3 hours on the island before we had to depart. i think there are some agreements among the hotel owners on Phi Phi island and the tour operators to get people to stay overnight on the island. We were able to rent a car for 24 hours for about $60 USD and we drove around the island checking out beaches and even the Koh Lanta National Park which was beautiful. Overall the hotel was very nice, very comfortable, clean, and it felt like a bit of paradise for us. We told them it was our honeymoon and the put flower petals on the bed one morning after they cleaned the room and gave us a complimentary bottle of champagne. Great job Crown Lanta Resort and thanks for a memorable trip!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- We invite you to experience the privacy and natural setting of our 4.5 star boutique resort. With our property stretching across 22 hectares of park-like land it boasts gentle hills alongside steep cliffs overlooking the sea, an intimate and private white sand beach, as well as access to the famous 3km long Klong Dao Beach. Throughout our 83 generously-sized rooms and villas you’ll get the feeling of Thai contemporary architecture meets gracious Thai hospitality. Relax beside one of our two resort pools, enjoy the tastes of Thailand at our on-site restaurants, and be pampered at our rejuvenating Infinity Spa. In the evenings, sit beachside at our Reggae Bar and enjoy a cocktail while experiencing one of the best shows on the island – the sunset. The island of Lanta is still regarded as a green paradise where you will find splendid scenery such as rugged tree-covered hills, mangroves, and nine white sandy beaches. In addition, the livelihoods of local fishermen continue to depend on the island and it’s surroundings; as you explore the island you will observe them continuing to work and celebrate their heritage. Our resort is ideally located, giving you the privacy of paradise, while also offering access to all the sights and sounds Koh Lanta has to offer. Crown Lanta has created lasting and vivid memories for guests worldwide, let us have a place in your heart as well. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Agoda, Expedia, Booking.com, Hotels.com, Priceline, Ebookers, TravelUp, Travel Republic (UK), TripOnline SA, Traveltool, S.L.U., Evoline ltd, getaroom.com, Cancelon, HRS and HotelQuickly so you can book your Crown Lanta Resort & Spa reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Crown Lanta Resort And Spa
- Crown Lanta Hotel Ko Lanta