We had decided to book up Thailand for our Honeymoon and we were not disappointed!
We stayed at the beautiful Crown Lanta Resort & Spa for 9 nights.
The Crown Lanta Resort & Spa is a very impressive resort. It’s on quite a large complex which required some guests to be escorted to and from their rooms via golf buggies. Pretty novel I must say, but once you’ve got your bearings you could easily walk around and explore the resort, which is surrounded by trees and stunning views out to sea.
All of the staff were very friendly, and really could not do enough for you, the rooms were clean and the pools and surrounding areas were very clean also.
We stayed Bed and Breakfast and can safely say that the breakfast was absolutely superb.
Breakfast is served at The Peak Restaurant which is at the highest point of the complex and over looks the sea, which on a clear day you can spot Koh Phi Phi Island and Hong Island - a great way to start the day. Depending on where your room is, it’s either a walk away (tackling the hill) or a buggy request. We started off calling for the buggy, but then after a few days decided to just walk it as it was abit of light exercise.
We were relatively new to Thai food so having a choice of Thai soups and dim sum for breakfast also among your more traditional selections of bacon, sausages, egg (done however you like) meats, fresh fruit and cereals was defiantly an eye opener for me and my husband. Of cause we had to have abit of what we would call traditional breakfast but it was great trying new foods too.
Most days for lunch we ate around the pool, but if you did want to venture into Koh Lanta town you will find that your lunch bill will be abit cheaper, but for us it was covenant to stay by the pool but on our last day in Koh Lanta we decided to re-try a restaurant from the night before for lunch in Koh Lanta town and we did notice the difference in the price. But all food cooked within the Crown Lanta Resort & Spa is fresh and delicious.
The resort puts on a shuttle to and from Koh Lanta town; tuk-tuks are readily available also. Would advise against walking into town from the resort, especially at night. The roads aren’t lit to well and the resort is off of a busy road. The shuttle is free and a tuk-tuk ride will cost you only 100 baht one way. The shuttle runs at 11am, 2pm, 7:30pm and 8:50pm, and you pick the shuttle up from reception. Returning from Koh Lanta town the shuttle times are 10mins after the shuttle has left Crown Lanta Resort & Spa.
The resort has 2 pools and 2 restaurants on the complex. By the main pool you can have Thai Massages for 600 baht. The Spa facilities are fantastic, again all staff are friendly and can not do enough for you.
There is also a neighbouring beach that you can venture down onto from the resort.
Another feature at the Crown Lanta Resort & Spa is the Crown Reggae Bar, where you can sit inside the wooden built hut which has 6 bed like areas, or just below the hut there are rugs along the beach too and chill out whilst you watch the sun set, with views of Koh Phi Phi Island and Hong Island within sight. You get complimentary nibbles too! On Tuesdays and Thursdays there is fire throwing entertainment and singing on a Friday. My advice would be to get down to the Crown Reggae Bar for around 6pm - 6:15pm (during the months of January and February) as the sun sets around 6:30pm.
As we were there on our Honeymoon we booked up the Princess Suite which came with our own private pool overlooking the stunning beach and views looking south towards Koh Lanta itself. We could not fault our room. It was always clean and each night our bed would be decorated with freshly picked flowers and the room would smell fresh.
Having our own private pool gave us more options on where to sunbathe, and chill out. Other room options are available also. Such as swim up rooms, sea view and pool view rooms. There is also the King Suite which looked pretty impressive too, which includes own private pool too and the suite itself is much bigger than the Princess Suites. Another recommendation if you are a Honeymooner.
We were also offered the option to have a sunset dinner on the beach, which included a 4 course meal, stunning sunset, fireworks and Chinese Lanterns. It was most certainly a night to remember and you were waited on hand and foot by the staff. We did have to pay extra for this, but it also included breakfast in bed the following day, along side a fully body Thai Massage within the Spa and a 4 Island excursion around the Island of Koh Lanta as a set price. So we thought as we were on our Honeymoon it would be rude not too. It’s not compulsory to do the 4 Island trip but we do like to get out and about, but the option of just dinner and Thai Massage is there too.
I would highly recommend the sunset dinner, epically if you are on your Honeymoon - so romantic.
This resort is fantastic for honeymooners and couples of all ages. We had such an amazing time here in Koh Lanta and would highly recommend the Crown Lanta Resort & Spa.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- We invite you to experience the privacy and natural setting of our 4.5 star boutique resort. With our property stretching across 22 hectares of park-like land it boasts gentle hills alongside steep cliffs overlooking the sea, an intimate and private white sand beach, as well as access to the famous 3km long Klong Dao Beach. Throughout our 83 generously-sized rooms and villas you’ll get the feeling of Thai contemporary architecture meets gracious Thai hospitality. Relax beside one of our two resort pools, enjoy the tastes of Thailand at our on-site restaurants, and be pampered at our rejuvenating Infinity Spa. In the evenings, sit seaside at our Reggae Bar and enjoy a cocktail while experiencing one of the best shows on the island – the sunset. The island of Lanta is still regarded as a green paradise where you will find splendid scenery such as rugged tree-covered hills, mangroves, and nine white sandy beaches. Our resort is ideally located, giving you the privacy of paradise, while also offering access to all the sights and sounds Koh Lanta has to offer. Crown Lanta has created lasting and vivid memories for guests worldwide, let us have a place in your heart as well. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Agoda, Booking.com, Ctrip TA, Sawasdee, Travel Republic (UK), Expedia, TripOnline SA, Hotels.com, LateRooms, Ebookers, HotelsClick, Evoline ltd, Cancelon, 5viajes2012 S.L., HotelQuickly and getaroom.com so you can book your Crown Lanta Resort & Spa reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Crown Lanta Hotel Ko Lanta
- Crown Lanta Resort And Spa