This is quite a large resort and absolutely fantastic with really friendly staff who are very willing to help. The main pool area is great and has built in jacuzzi jets around the pool. There is also another fantastic little bamboo bar at the bottom of some cliffs which has an extremely relaxing atmosphere on an evening. The service is really good and if you need to travel across the resort then the staff will pick you up in a car.
The resort itself is built on a hill with lots of steep paths which can be exhausting but it is worth it as the evening restaurant/breakfast area is situated at the top with an amazing sea view.
There is a free bus into town however there is not much to see. However, there are places where you can book excursions and there are a lot of restaurants that jut out over the water which provide a fantastic atmosphere for somewhere to eat.
The draw backs include:
It can take around 2.5 hours to travel to this resort from Krabi airport. It took us 3.5 hours though as we got duped by a bus company at the airport, which is something to watch out for.
When it comes to prices please note that it is worth going into town, especially for the journey back to the airport as the prices that the hotel charge can be up to 8 times more than elsewhere.
The meal prices are quite expensive compared to going into town although the food is very nice and there is an excellent breakfast selection (the breakfasts are free). The hotel stops serving around 10pm though, which is a pain if you are arriving back late on a night or fancy a midnight snack.
The dining room for afternoon meals seems strangely out of place as it is quite bare and dull which doesn't seem to fit in with the rest of the resort.
Overall this is a really good resort but a bit out of the way.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- We invite you to experience the privacy and natural setting of our 4.5 star boutique resort. With our property stretching across 22 hectares of park-like land it boasts gentle hills alongside steep cliffs overlooking the sea, an intimate and private white sand beach, as well as access to the famous 3km long Klong Dao Beach. Throughout our 83 generously-sized rooms and villas you’ll get the feeling of Thai contemporary architecture meets gracious Thai hospitality. Relax beside one of our two resort pools, enjoy the tastes of Thailand at our on-site restaurants, and be pampered at our rejuvenating Infinity Spa. In the evenings, sit seaside at our Reggae Bar and enjoy a cocktail while experiencing one of the best shows on the island – the sunset. The island of Lanta is still regarded as a green paradise where you will find splendid scenery such as rugged tree-covered hills, mangroves, and nine white sandy beaches. Our resort is ideally located, giving you the privacy of paradise, while also offering access to all the sights and sounds Koh Lanta has to offer. Crown Lanta has created lasting and vivid memories for guests worldwide, let us have a place in your heart as well. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hotels.com, Expedia, Travel Republic (UK), Booking.com, Priceline, Agoda, Odigeo, TravelUp, Ctrip TA, Ebookers, TripOnline SA, Traveltool, S.L.U., HRS, Evoline ltd, Cancelon, getaroom.com and HotelQuickly so you can book your Crown Lanta Resort & Spa reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Crown Lanta Hotel Ko Lanta
- Crown Lanta Resort And Spa