“Very nice for the price. Choose it!” 5 of 5 bubbles
Review of Aloha Lanta Resort

Aloha Lanta Resort
Ranked #30 of 141 Ko Lanta B&B and Inns
Shanghai, China
“Very nice for the price. Choose it!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 16 April 2014

I've stayed at the end of Jan, beginning of Feb 2014. I initially booked it just for a couple of days, cause it's close to the ferry pier, and easy to get when you arrive to Lanta for the first time. I was planning to have a look around the island and find a better place for the rest of my stay. But it turned out that I spent 3 weeks an the Aloha, and really had a good time.

First, the location is pretty good. 20 steps away from the beach across the lawn, so it's basically on the beach. And the beach is nice there, no rocks. The only beach on Lanta i liked more, was the one in the Lanta National Park. Aloha guests can use the beach beds of the nearby hotel. 3 min walk to the town center and 5 min away from the night market, couple of steps away from the closest restaurants. You can also rent a bicycle or scooter from the hotel.

Second, the service is very nice. The place is very clean. The lady, who runs the place and her son are very welcoming. I got sick with flu there, and they were very helpful. I even got a bicycle for free ;)

The rooms are pretty simple, have some basic charm, but very clean, with a big balcony, fridge and TV. The internet in the room was ok on my Galaxy S4 (i could even watch videos). But i had problems (unstable connection) with my 4-year old macbook. The guys even got a technician to fix the internet for me, although he was useless, i still appreciate the effort. There were minor issues, like some problems with the shower, TV only had a few English channels, all news, overall I think the price was very reasonable and I enjoyed my stay at Aloha vey much.

At the end I felt so much at home, that I really didn't want to leave ;)
Thank you, Aloha!

Room Tip: Get the beach facing rooms, those might be a bit more expansive, but the town view is pretty grey an...
  • Stayed January 2014, travelled solo
      Sleep Quality
1 Thank Anna_WeHo

Business
Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (10)
  • Finnish first
London, United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 5 April 2014 via mobile

If you're thinking about booking this hotel then all I can say it is one of the best decisions you can make. We stayed here for a week in January 2014 and absolutely loved it. The owners were super friendly and helped us out so much as I had lost my passport. They really went out of their way to ensure that we would be able to recover our documents and still have a pleasant stay. The room itself was spacious and had a beautiful view of the beach which was sucleded and something you only see in the movies. What'more the price was great too! Really lovely place to stay and we are forever grateful to the owners who really helped us out.

Stayed April 2014, travelled with friends
1 Thank Tixabell01
Wolverhampton, United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 23 March 2014 via mobile

I stayed here for 3 nights whilst back packing round Thailand with my daughter and 4 friends. On arrival the owner was so friendly and helpful. We decided to stay an extra night and she helped us to transfer our flights and in fact couldnt do enough to help us. The rooms were well presented and the view of the sea from the room was amazing. Please dont be put off by the small side street location. This place is a gem of a find and i would stay here again without hesitation if visiting Koh Lanta.

Stayed March 2014, travelled with friends
Lima, Peru
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 19 February 2014 via mobile

I really recommend this place. Close to the restaurants and shops. The owner helped us a lot. We were treated like friends. We had a motorbike accident and she personally took us to the hospital. Returning to Ko Lanta I would back to the same place for sure.

Stayed February 2014, travelled as a couple
New York City, New York
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 14 February 2014

The Aloha Lanta is nice and close to all the action in Saladan, but by being right on the beach, it is peaceful and serene. The owner and her son are very friendly and were a great help for suggestions on exploring the island. The room was spacious and clean with a comfortable bed, and it was so relaxing to fall asleep with the sounds of the ocean. The beach outside isn't the best beach on the island, but it also isn't the worst!

I would recommend renting a motorbikes and trips from another vendor, as the prices are lower booking directly from the tour agencies.

Room Tip: Pay up for a sea view. Totally worth it!
  • Stayed January 2014, travelled as a couple
      Sleep Quality
kedah
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 9 February 2014

Im Janet Ong from Penang
On 31/01/14 my family & I have a CNY vacations at Koh Lanta Island & Krabi Island. We only stayed one night at the Aloha Lanta Hotel. But we really enjoyed the day. The location was the supper convenient for everything. Walking distance to the seaside, restaurants & town as there was a night market. Last but not least I would like to say the hotel owner lady's boss her name is "Ting Ting 婷婷" is the supper kind and sincere person. We ll go there again soon.

• Stayed January 2014
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 5 February 2014 via mobile

We stayed here for one night at the end of a trip to Ko Lanta since we had been down the south of the island, and had an early ferry to catch from Saladan. Even though we arrived really late (having just done Time for Lime's cooking course, which was excellent) and had to call twice to get them to keep reception open for us, they were really kind and helpful, changing our hotel transfer to the ferry for us. The room was basic but clean, all we needed!

Stayed February 2014, travelled with friends