“Great service, great place”
Review of Aloha Lanta Resort

Aloha Lanta Resort
Ranked #30 of 160 Ko Lanta B&B and Inns
Reviewed 26 May 2014

We stayed there for a couple of nights and actually extended our stay as we liked it a lot. The hosts are really friendly and extremely helpful, the room was very clean and hygienic and we had a good view from our room.

The hotel is not far from restaurants - the night market, the ferry terminal and everything else that matters is within walking distance.

The beach just in front of the hotel is not particularly great (still good though), but again the host was being really helpful as she organised a tuc tuc to another beach (which as really beautiful) and made sure we paid a good price by negotiating with the driver (!). She generally knew average taxi prices and made sure we never paid too much.

• Stayed: January 2014, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Laura G

Reviewed 16 April 2014

I've stayed at the end of Jan, beginning of Feb 2014. I initially booked it just for a couple of days, cause it's close to the ferry pier, and easy to get when you arrive to Lanta for the first time. I was planning to have a look around the island and find a better place for the rest of my stay. But it turned out that I spent 3 weeks an the Aloha, and really had a good time.

First, the location is pretty good. 20 steps away from the beach across the lawn, so it's basically on the beach. And the beach is nice there, no rocks. The only beach on Lanta i liked more, was the one in the Lanta National Park. Aloha guests can use the beach beds of the nearby hotel. 3 min walk to the town center and 5 min away from the night market, couple of steps away from the closest restaurants. You can also rent a bicycle or scooter from the hotel.

Second, the service is very nice. The place is very clean. The lady, who runs the place and her son are very welcoming. I got sick with flu there, and they were very helpful. I even got a bicycle for free ;)

The rooms are pretty simple, have some basic charm, but very clean, with a big balcony, fridge and TV. The internet in the room was ok on my Galaxy S4 (i could even watch videos). But i had problems (unstable connection) with my 4-year old macbook. The guys even got a technician to fix the internet for me, although he was useless, i still appreciate the effort. There were minor issues, like some problems with the shower, TV only had a few English channels, all news, overall I think the price was very reasonable and I enjoyed my stay at Aloha vey much.

At the end I felt so much at home, that I really didn't want to leave ;)
Thank you, Aloha!

Room Tip: Get the beach facing rooms, those might be a bit more expansive, but the town view is pretty grey an...
  • Stayed: January 2014, travelled solo
1  Thank Anna_WeHo
Reviewed 5 April 2014 via mobile

If you're thinking about booking this hotel then all I can say it is one of the best decisions you can make. We stayed here for a week in January 2014 and absolutely loved it. The owners were super friendly and helped us out so much as I had lost my passport. They really went out of their way to ensure that we would be able to recover our documents and still have a pleasant stay. The room itself was spacious and had a beautiful view of the beach which was sucleded and something you only see in the movies. What'more the price was great too! Really lovely place to stay and we are forever grateful to the owners who really helped us out.

Stayed: April 2014, travelled with friends
1  Thank Tixabell01
Reviewed 23 March 2014 via mobile

I stayed here for 3 nights whilst back packing round Thailand with my daughter and 4 friends. On arrival the owner was so friendly and helpful. We decided to stay an extra night and she helped us to transfer our flights and in fact couldnt do enough to help us. The rooms were well presented and the view of the sea from the room was amazing. Please dont be put off by the small side street location. This place is a gem of a find and i would stay here again without hesitation if visiting Koh Lanta.

Stayed: March 2014, travelled with friends
Reviewed 19 February 2014 via mobile

I really recommend this place. Close to the restaurants and shops. The owner helped us a lot. We were treated like friends. We had a motorbike accident and she personally took us to the hospital. Returning to Ko Lanta I would back to the same place for sure.

Stayed: February 2014, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 14 February 2014

The Aloha Lanta is nice and close to all the action in Saladan, but by being right on the beach, it is peaceful and serene. The owner and her son are very friendly and were a great help for suggestions on exploring the island. The room was spacious and clean with a comfortable bed, and it was so relaxing to fall asleep with the sounds of the ocean. The beach outside isn't the best beach on the island, but it also isn't the worst!

I would recommend renting a motorbikes and trips from another vendor, as the prices are lower booking directly from the tour agencies.

Room Tip: Pay up for a sea view. Totally worth it!
  • Stayed: January 2014, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 9 February 2014

Im Janet Ong from Penang
On 31/01/14 my family & I have a CNY vacations at Koh Lanta Island & Krabi Island. We only stayed one night at the Aloha Lanta Hotel. But we really enjoyed the day. The location was the supper convenient for everything. Walking distance to the seaside, restaurants & town as there was a night market. Last but not least I would like to say the hotel owner lady's boss her name is "Ting Ting 婷婷" is the supper kind and sincere person. We ll go there again soon.

• Stayed: January 2014