Chill Out House
US$71
US$99
US$78
Agoda.com
Lanta Sand Resort and Spa(Ko Lanta)(Great Value!)
US$42
US$29
Agoda.com
Royal Lanta Resort and Spa(Ko Lanta)(Great Value!)
US$47
US$32
  • Breakfast included
US$155
US$117
Agoda.com
Long Beach Chalet(Ko Lanta)(Great Value!)
US$51
US$42
Agoda.com
MOONLIGHT Exotic Bay Resort(Ko Lanta)(Great Value!)
US$47
US$32
Agoda.com
Pimalai Resort and Spa(Ko Lanta)
US$217
US$203
Orbitz.com
All reviewstattoo studiomosquito netloved to stay longerrooms are basicother guestsshort walk to the beachfree waterthree nightsthe main roadbackpackershostelbamboohammockssleeplantaislandmidnight
Reviewed 10 November 2011

Had a pleasant and uncomplicated stay in an ultra-budget bungalow, although fully booked the Owner Neng went out of his way to find a room for me. The hosts are wonderful, the location a two minute walk to long beach and food and atmosphere inexpensive and enjoyable. Would certainly recommend it to the budget traveller

• Stayed: December 2010, travelled solo
1  Thank ListerTrang
Reviewed 2 November 2011

Came to stay at Chill Out House on a recommendation of a friend. We planned to stay for 2 nights and stayed for 8... just the kind of relaxation my sister and I were looking for after a stint of partying on phi phi. Basic accommodation... but so much more then that. This place was like staying in a full size tree fort! Spent some late nights playing cards and swapping travel stories with others in this family like atmosphere.

(Ask about the veterinary clinic up the road where you can help out by taking a dog for a walk to the beach :) )

Room Tip: The 'treehouse rooms' are located right above the common area, you may be woken in the morning. We stayed in one of the bungalows and were quite comfortable.
  • Stayed: May 2011, travelled with friends
3  Thank LiveFree86
Reviewed 18 July 2011

Really enjoyed it here, very close to the beach, great atmosphere and loved the impromptu barbecues. Neng and Nikki took great care of us.

Room Tip: Book trips thru neng, I had been overcharged in other places but always got the best price from chill-out.
  • Stayed: April 2011, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Stoodi
Reviewed 8 May 2011

Staff were really friendly, I got dropped off at the wrong place and the owner came and picked me up for no charge. It was quite when I arrived so I was able to choose which bungalow I stayed in.

I had paid extra to have a hot water shower, but it wasn’t very warm, if warm at all. But the bungalows are very good value for money and great location. Very close to the beach! There were no sheets on the bed, I had my own so didn’t ask if they had any.

The grounds is welcoming and the hut is very impressive (made by the owner).

There is restaurant close by and facility to hire a scooter so you can travel around the island.
The owner helped me arrange my travel Krabi to catch my flight and gave me a lift! They had several dogs, they were generally well behaved and didn’t bark too much at night.

I would recommend staying here.

• Stayed: March 2011, travelled solo
Reviewed 5 May 2011

When you come to Thailand you expect and often hope to find something a little different and out of your comfort zone, something a little cooler and more rustic...the Chill Out House offered just that.

Our room was in the treehouse section and only cost us 150 baht per night, it had a good mosquito net and a fan above the bed, the place is literally hand built from drift wood and the like so most nights we found ourselves turning off the fan and just soaking in the breeze that comes through from the wind. As we were raised up there wasn't really an issue of rats and the likes you get at most 'rustic' places.

The owners were very friendly and Neng especially is quite the character, he also does a mean barbeque at least once or twice a week.

If you want a Thailand experience then this is just the place, only a minute from the beach, no touts and no worries.

Definitely worth a visit, high or low season.

Room Tip: look at the rooms first, all of them are unique!
  • Stayed: April 2011, travelled as a couple