Round House
If you like this hotel, you might also be interested in
US$88
US$40
US$111
US$71
Agoda.com
Lanta Sand Resort and Spa(Ko Lanta)(Great Value!)
US$57
US$45
US$258
US$249
Agoda.com
Pimalai Resort and Spa(Ko Lanta)
US$751
US$507
Travelocity
US$52
US$38
Agoda.com
Baan KanTiang See Villa Resort(Ko Lanta)
US$160
US$147
Agoda.com
MOONLIGHT Exotic Bay Resort(Ko Lanta)(Great Value!)
US$82
US$40
Agoda.com
Lanta Castaway Beach Resort(Ko Lanta)(Great Value!)
US$56
Travelocity
All reviewssailing boatlaid backbamboo hutcozy bungalowsfelt like homepapaya saladweek stayoverlooking the beachgreat beachspent nightsbars and restaurantsnadiaroundhouseaccommodationparadisekolanta
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 2 April 2014

Klong Nin was a gem of a find on koh Lanta, & when I stumbled onto a hammock at The Roundhouse whilst travelling in November 2013 I knew I had to come back. So feb this year I returned. As once you've stayed you won't want to leave. The rustic simplicity is utterly breath taking. Been home a month & I still visit there every night in my dreams. Thank you Paul & Nadia for your laid back smiley hospitality. Much appreciated in this world of stress & demanding individuals. I will be back. :)

• Stayed: February 2014
Nadia S, Owner at Round House, responded to this reviewResponded 4 April 2014

Thank you for taking the time to review us and we can't wait to see you again here...next time you won't escape from the RH tattoo:-) Round House is not just a business for us but also our home and we love sharing it with the free spirits that come through our doors.
You are always welcome.

Reviewed 1 April 2014

I was all by my lonesome, first time on Lanta and soooo thrilled that I stumbled across The Round House. With it's cute authentic Thai style huts and lovely staff, Who really made my holiday a top one! So much so that I came back not long after with my little girl for our annual escape from Chiang Mai smoke...Now it really is a home away from home for us both! Nadia, Paul and Steve welcomed us in like family, gave me wonderful advice on boat trips, places to visit and fun nights out! They have lovely breakfast and lunchtime food and some other great restaurants less than a stones throw away for dinner! Their cocktails are lush...the best on Klong Nin beach for sure, with a sweeeeet choice of music to set the mood...(wouldn't go anywhere else at sunset... Pure heaven)... Really loved our holiday thanks to these guys and we will definitely be back asap! Love, light and peace to all Claire and Bonnie

• Stayed: March 2014
Nadia S, Owner at Round House, responded to this reviewResponded 4 April 2014

Thank you for taking the time to review us and we hope your next visit will be very soon, we have plans to make some changes here to make it even more comfortable and homely...We should be done by the time you get back:-)
Greetings,

Reviewed 28 March 2014

The Roundhouse was definitely the best place i stayed on my 4 week travels round Thailand.Klong Nin was my favorite beach on Koh Lanta, great for swimming, has great bars and restaurants, white sands, not too busy but still has some atmosphere at night for hanging out and drinking cocktails. Paul also happens to make the best Mojito i had while in Thailand. I was lucky enough to stay in the Roundhouse which is a wonderful room, lots of space, balcony, great views and perfect for me when i needed to catch up with a little bit of work back home. Would definitely love to set up my office there for a month one day. Nadia and Paul are extremely welcoming, you feel like your part of the family while there. The place is very clean, the atmosphere is homely and has that personal touch being a small resort. Best wifi on my trip which is always a bonus for me. It's right on the beach and hanging in the bar and chatting with the friendly crowd that pass through was a pleasure with the beach a stones throw away. I was only supposed to stay a couple of nights but stayed for 4, could have easily stayed for longer but was determined to drag myself away and get to see another island before my trip home. A very relaxing and welcoming place to be, i will definitely be back.

• Stayed: January 2014, travelled solo
Nadia S, Owner at Round House, responded to this reviewResponded 1 April 2014

Hi there and thank you for taking the time to review us and for your kind words...

Yes the Round House room has proved to be the place to be!! We lived in there for the first Season and loved it, the Spacious room and high thatched roof, wooden floor and surrounding balcony all make for a dreamy special place to relax in...write in...work in and love in;)

We are open all year and look forward to all travelers giving and receiving inspiration in this beautiful space.

Greetings

Reviewed 24 March 2014

Think, it's a nice place, if you get there. We enquired via email one week before getting to ko lanta and got an offer for a room, so that we sent our booking confirmation to them. We hadn't got any confirmation mail back and it was finally only one day left to our arrival,so that we asked, if everything was ok with our booking. But they only sent us an email telling us that they were fully booked. Perfect. We had to phone to lots of other places before finding another accomodation (it was chinese new year and the island was getting fully booked). That was exhausting and frustrating. Instead of an apology they only repeated that they were fully booked and that we would have to hurry up finding another accomodation because the island was getting crowded. They never apologized for having forgotten to book us in. Thank you very much Roundhouse! That is unprofessional!

• Stayed: February 2014, travelled as a couple
Nadia S, Owner at Round House, responded to this reviewResponded 25 March 2014

Hi there, what can we say except that there is a first time for everything.

Normally we send a deposit request with our confirmation, alternatively we send recommendations of other resorts in our area if we are full or we suggest travelers make their way to us and while enjoying a cold drink we will call around and find them a room ourselves...if none of this happened then we are truly sorry.

We hope you did have a good stay on Lanta anyway.

Greetings,
Round House

Reviewed 17 March 2014

We absolutely loved our stay at Round House! Nadia and Paul were super helpful and we loved how relaxed the vibe was. They are located right on the beach and at night you can hear the sound of the waves lapping at the shore - bliss!

We were lucky enough to have the roundhouse for most of our stay - we were booked into a bungalow for the second half our stay, but another guest left the roundhouse unexpectedly so we swooped before it could get snaffled up again! We loved spending lazy afternoons in the hammock on the deck, listening to the sunbirds in the hibiscus. If you're a light sleeper it's worth mentioning that the roundhouse can be a bit noisy as it's right by the road, but the noise dies down after about 10/11pm. It's open, airy, very spacious and so very charming! We thought it was hilarious that the dogs join in with the morning prayers - it all added to the charm of the place and we wouldn't have changed a thing.

We had no problems at all with safety, privacy etc and were happy to sleep with our doors and windows thrown wide open to let the sound of the beach in. If you're lucky the cat may come in to warm your feet in the middle of the night! She's off again before sunrise though (cupboard love!). There is a mosquito net but we never found the need to use it - there weren't many mozzies around and the few that were there were kept away by the fan :)

The bar is lovely and open, with its sand-covered floor and amazing view of the sea. We spent a few long relaxing mornings playing with the board games while trying to decide what to do with the rest of our day. The food is really good too! Nadia and Paul also provide drinking water for guests to refill their water bottles with - great for limiting the number of plastic water bottles thrown away.

All in all a wonderful, relaxing stay on an amazing beach in an amazing little part of Thailand. Would stay here again in a heartbeat!

- Hayden & Selina

Room Tip: Definitely book the roundhouse if you can!
  • Stayed: February 2014, travelled as a couple
Nadia S, Owner at Round House, responded to this reviewResponded 21 March 2014

Hi there and thank you for your kind words, Yes the round house is a very special and charming room, many who have stayed there have not wanted to leave and like you enjoy the very special feeling the room gives with its high vaulted reed roof (it's our favorite as well:))

There is sometimes the problem for light sleepers as it is close to the road, ear plugs help or a couple of happy hour special cocktails to end the evening also do the job.

We hope you had a good trip home and look forward to welcoming you again soon.