“Beachfront Bliss”
Review of Round House

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Ko Lanta
Round House
Ranked #17 of 215 Speciality Lodging in Ko Lanta
San Francisco
“Beachfront Bliss”
Reviewed 2 July 2014

I stumbled across the Roundhouse while wandering down Klong Nin beach - arguably the best beach on the island. The beach offers pristine sand, exciting waves and a range of great little beachfront restaurants. It's got a fishing village feel to it and throughout my travels all around Thailand, it is one the best for swimming. Initially I was drawn into the Roundhouse by the cool beach bar, but eventually opted to rent the beach front room for a few nights. A room, which if situated any closer to the beach, might have offered a mermaid experience.

The soothing sound of waves crashing eased me to sleep each night, while the hosts Paul and Nadia provided pleasant conversations thoughout my stay. They are both really kind and personable, and the rest of the staff keep up. They serve excellent variations on classic Thai dishes and the modest price for everything from a beer to the room made this an incredible find in Ko Lanta. For the budget traveller, they also have a series of smaller bungalows that were nicely constructed and well maintained.

Room Tip: Beachfront or bust! Aircon if you need it. Fan if you don't.
  • Stayed July 2014, travelled solo
Nadia S, Owner at Round House, responded to this review, 7 July 2014
Hi there, thank you for taking the time to review us.

Yes Klong Nin Beach is one of the best and even in what they call 'Low Season' guests can enjoy perfect beach days.
We especially enjoy having time to get to know our guests in this quiet time and hope you had a good trip and look forward to your return.

Greetings

Business
Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (32)
Reviewed 15 May 2014

Great rustic location. From the moment we arrived - we kicked our flip flops off!! And they pretty much stayed off whilst we were there!The bamboo bungalows are so cute and as other reviewers commented, truely authentic. But most of all the owners and staff are wonderful. We were made to feel totally at home and totally relaxed. Nadine and Paul are great fun and great hosts. Sit with a cocktail and watch the amazing sunsets in a wonderful chilled environment! Or chill in a hammock!!!! Food wonderful too. Will definitely recommend it and would love to go back some time. Wonderful!!!

Room Tip: only a small number of rooms - I would say the beach house if you can get it is the key one to have...
  • Stayed April 2014, travelled as a couple
Nadia S, Owner at Round House, responded to this review, 23 May 2014
Thank you for taking the time to review us and we are so pleased you loved our place and enjoyed your time with us...next time your here we will have some new cocktail concoctions to try out on you:)
Hoylake, United Kingdom
Reviewed 4 May 2014

Round House is an absolute gem on the island of Koh Lanta , the rustic authentic bamboo Thai style bungalows are beyond paradise , the location on Klong Ninbeach is way way beyond paradise , the beach is footsteps from the bar and huts ,the beautiful ocean is in full view all day , even at low water well beyond paradise . The owners Paul , Nadia and their staff ,especially Steve are wonderful hosts , lovely people and great company and fun , nothing is ever a problem . The garden has a lovely ambience , rustic bar , sublime cocktails , amazing sunsets and you are made to feel very welcome what ever time of the day . All in all Round House is an amazing place to stay or visit for the day , beyond paradise , cant wait to return Thank You .

Room Tip: All the photographs tell the truth .
  • Stayed April 2014, travelled solo
Nadia S, Owner at Round House, responded to this review, 23 May 2014
Thank you so much for your kind words and for taking the time to review us.
It was as pleasure having you with us and we look forward to seeing you again soon.
Northampton, United Kingdom
Reviewed 2 April 2014

Klong Nin was a gem of a find on koh Lanta, & when I stumbled onto a hammock at The Roundhouse whilst travelling in November 2013 I knew I had to come back. So feb this year I returned. As once you've stayed you won't want to leave. The rustic simplicity is utterly breath taking. Been home a month & I still visit there every night in my dreams. Thank you Paul & Nadia for your laid back smiley hospitality. Much appreciated in this world of stress & demanding individuals. I will be back. :)

• Stayed February 2014
Nadia S, Owner at Round House, responded to this review, 4 April 2014
Thank you for taking the time to review us and we can't wait to see you again here...next time you won't escape from the RH tattoo:-) Round House is not just a business for us but also our home and we love sharing it with the free spirits that come through our doors.
You are always welcome.
Reviewed 1 April 2014

I was all by my lonesome, first time on Lanta and soooo thrilled that I stumbled across The Round House. With it's cute authentic Thai style huts and lovely staff, Who really made my holiday a top one! So much so that I came back not long after with my little girl for our annual escape from Chiang Mai smoke...Now it really is a home away from home for us both! Nadia, Paul and Steve welcomed us in like family, gave me wonderful advice on boat trips, places to visit and fun nights out! They have lovely breakfast and lunchtime food and some other great restaurants less than a stones throw away for dinner! Their cocktails are lush...the best on Klong Nin beach for sure, with a sweeeeet choice of music to set the mood...(wouldn't go anywhere else at sunset... Pure heaven)... Really loved our holiday thanks to these guys and we will definitely be back asap! Love, light and peace to all Claire and Bonnie

• Stayed March 2014
Nadia S, Owner at Round House, responded to this review, 4 April 2014
Thank you for taking the time to review us and we hope your next visit will be very soon, we have plans to make some changes here to make it even more comfortable and homely...We should be done by the time you get back:-)
Greetings,
London, United Kingdom
Reviewed 28 March 2014

The Roundhouse was definitely the best place i stayed on my 4 week travels round Thailand.Klong Nin was my favorite beach on Koh Lanta, great for swimming, has great bars and restaurants, white sands, not too busy but still has some atmosphere at night for hanging out and drinking cocktails. Paul also happens to make the best Mojito i had while in Thailand. I was lucky enough to stay in the Roundhouse which is a wonderful room, lots of space, balcony, great views and perfect for me when i needed to catch up with a little bit of work back home. Would definitely love to set up my office there for a month one day. Nadia and Paul are extremely welcoming, you feel like your part of the family while there. The place is very clean, the atmosphere is homely and has that personal touch being a small resort. Best wifi on my trip which is always a bonus for me. It's right on the beach and hanging in the bar and chatting with the friendly crowd that pass through was a pleasure with the beach a stones throw away. I was only supposed to stay a couple of nights but stayed for 4, could have easily stayed for longer but was determined to drag myself away and get to see another island before my trip home. A very relaxing and welcoming place to be, i will definitely be back.

• Stayed January 2014, travelled solo
Nadia S, Owner at Round House, responded to this review, 1 April 2014
Hi there and thank you for taking the time to review us and for your kind words...

Yes the Round House room has proved to be the place to be!! We lived in there for the first Season and loved it, the Spacious room and high thatched roof, wooden floor and surrounding balcony all make for a dreamy special place to relax in...write in...work in and love in;)

We are open all year and look forward to all travelers giving and receiving inspiration in this beautiful space.

Greetings
Cologne, Germany
Reviewed 24 March 2014

Think, it's a nice place, if you get there. We enquired via email one week before getting to ko lanta and got an offer for a room, so that we sent our booking confirmation to them. We hadn't got any confirmation mail back and it was finally only one day left to our arrival,so that we asked, if everything was ok with our booking. But they only sent us an email telling us that they were fully booked. Perfect. We had to phone to lots of other places before finding another accomodation (it was chinese new year and the island was getting fully booked). That was exhausting and frustrating. Instead of an apology they only repeated that they were fully booked and that we would have to hurry up finding another accomodation because the island was getting crowded. They never apologized for having forgotten to book us in. Thank you very much Roundhouse! That is unprofessional!

• Stayed February 2014, travelled as a couple
Nadia S, Owner at Round House, responded to this review, 25 March 2014
Hi there, what can we say except that there is a first time for everything.

Normally we send a deposit request with our confirmation, alternatively we send recommendations of other resorts in our area if we are full or we suggest travelers make their way to us and while enjoying a cold drink we will call around and find them a room ourselves...if none of this happened then we are truly sorry.

We hope you did have a good stay on Lanta anyway.

Greetings,