“Back To The Roundhouse”
Review of Round House

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Ko Lanta
Round House
Ranked #16 of 217 Speciality Lodging in Ko Lanta
Reviewed 22 August 2014

On my way back to Lanta and looking forward to staying at the Roundhouse. I can't say enough good things about this beach hotel. It's just a really fun place to stay. Nadia and Paul are wonderful hosts...they are honest fun loving people..for sure you will make friends and totally enjoy your stay. The roundhouse is right on the beach...perfect for swimming and paddle boarding or just sitting on a chair under a beach umbrella slipping a cool tropical drink.

Room Tip: Try the roundhouse room..,it's rustic large rap around balcony, feels like you're in a tree...
  • Stayed: May 2014, travelled solo
Nadia S, Owner at Round House, responded to this reviewResponded 26 August 2014

Thank you for taking the time to review us and we loved to welcome you back and hope to do so soon again.
We are happy that so many of our guests feel at home with us and love the Round House for its charm and character and off course it is a great feeling for us both that so many come back for more.

There are newer reviews for Round House

Reviewed 21 July 2014

On my trip to Thailand this was the place I was most excited to visit. It seemed down to earth and after reading many reviews that you would get a personal experience with the owners. I stayed in the beach house which does have amazing views and is on a great beach, Klong Nin. However, my four nights there were not pleasant.

First of all, you might as well not have air conditioning because it's either too cold or too hot. The beach house is about 50 pounds a night and it was fine for one person or a couple, but you do not get clean towels daily or any cleaning. This meant I had the same towels for four whole days and a build up of sand brought in. I swept it out myself, but for 50 quid all you have is the space. There are loads of other rooms on the beach for half that and speaking to other travellers on the beach, all their rooms were tidied daily (swept out of sand and given clean towels).On the third day I went to lie in my hammock in the front and it was full of dog poo and flies.

Secondly, my personal experience with Paul and Nadia wasn't pleasant. I saw them argue amongst each other because Paul drank too much and didn't do what Nadia expected of him. I had to listen to a late night rant about bad reviews on Trip Advisor from Nadia which made me feel uncomfortable as a guest. I didn't feel like I could ask for anything at that point. In addition, I asked about the restaurant across the street which had scored quite high on Trip advisor and Nadia pretended she'd never heard of it. Later, when she had a few drinks she said they place across the street had previously cooked for them and left their kitchen in such a state that she now pretended she never heard of them to customers. I just wish she had been honest orignally with me.

It is a more remote area, so there are fewer options for food/drink. The restaurant/bar is supposed to open at 8am and I had asked if it was possible to get coffee immediately at 8am when it was scheduled to open as I had an 8:15am pick up for a trip. Paul never showed up and when I asked a fellow traveler why, it was because Paul had a "late" night. A cup of coffee seems quite basic to ask for.

I love my drink, but I do believe when I"m paying for a place to stay I'd like my basic needs for coffee and reliability in foreign country to be fulfilled. I felt more like I was interrupting a false dream of an easy expatriate lifestyle. I think Klong Nin beach is a great place to stay, but just stay somewhere else.

Lanta Diver is amazing if you want to scuba dive.

• Stayed: April 2014, travelled solo
5  Thank Sarah B
Nadia S, Owner at Round House, responded to this reviewResponded 3 August 2014

Dear 'reviewer' (no records found for a Sarah B staying at the Beach House)

Round House are delighted to have received the Certificate of Excellence for 2014 and surely not because our guests are over charged to stay on a heap of dog po.

We ask that new readers continue through our list of reviews to get a realistic picture of what we do here.

At check in all guests are told of our services, room cleaning daily if requested. Fresh towels and sheets are always available also daily if requested. Prices are agreed upon and no changes made or additional costs added, and certainly no one is held here against their will, on the contrary, our main challenge is to accommodate those wanting to stay for longer.

We have recommendations of places to visit, can however only recommend the places we know of and have been to ourselves - so enjoy your holiday and discover Koh Lanta and Klong Nin Beach:)

We are here 24/7 for all your questions or inquires.

Reviewed 10 July 2014

I am so glad that I found the Round House. I wanted a place that would be comfortable, but authentic. The Beach House, at the Round House, was perfect. It is right on the beach, so I could hear the sea at the night. The sunsets were amazing. Nadia and Paul were excellent hosts -- laid back but always accommodating -- and always good company. They have a great Thai staff who are friendly and aim to please. I was on the island to study for the U.S. bar exam. Every day the staff brought coffee and breakfast to my room, and at noon, they brought a delicious lunch to my door. Nadia and Paul are making really great improvements to the place; their new bar and kitchen is beautiful. Whether you want to lie around in a hammock all day, explore the island on a motorbike, or meet interesting people from all different places, the Round House is the place to be.

In addition, low season is a great time to visit. Quiet and relaxing. Most of the restaurants are open -- I highly recommend Richey and Otto -- just walk a few paces down the beach barefoot. Sometimes rain storms blow through, but I stayed the entire month of June, and only had one completely rainy day.

Room Tip: The Beach House is the only accommodation with air conditioning. The Round House room is delightful...
  • Stayed: June 2014, travelled solo
Nadia S, Owner at Round House, responded to this reviewResponded 11 July 2014

Hi there and thank you so much for taking the time to review us. We totally enjoyed your company and are so glad that many people are now getting to know and love the island in low season and enjoy our space.

We wish you all the best of luck with your exams after all the hard work you put in here you deserve to do well.

We look forward to seeing you again.

Greetings

Reviewed 2 July 2014

I stumbled across the Roundhouse while wandering down Klong Nin beach - arguably the best beach on the island. The beach offers pristine sand, exciting waves and a range of great little beachfront restaurants. It's got a fishing village feel to it and throughout my travels all around Thailand, it is one the best for swimming. Initially I was drawn into the Roundhouse by the cool beach bar, but eventually opted to rent the beach front room for a few nights. A room, which if situated any closer to the beach, might have offered a mermaid experience.

The soothing sound of waves crashing eased me to sleep each night, while the hosts Paul and Nadia provided pleasant conversations thoughout my stay. They are both really kind and personable, and the rest of the staff keep up. They serve excellent variations on classic Thai dishes and the modest price for everything from a beer to the room made this an incredible find in Ko Lanta. For the budget traveller, they also have a series of smaller bungalows that were nicely constructed and well maintained.

Room Tip: Beachfront or bust! Aircon if you need it. Fan if you don't.
  • Stayed: July 2014, travelled solo
Nadia S, Owner at Round House, responded to this reviewResponded 7 July 2014

Hi there, thank you for taking the time to review us.

Yes Klong Nin Beach is one of the best and even in what they call 'Low Season' guests can enjoy perfect beach days.
We especially enjoy having time to get to know our guests in this quiet time and hope you had a good trip and look forward to your return.

Greetings

Reviewed 15 May 2014

Great rustic location. From the moment we arrived - we kicked our flip flops off!! And they pretty much stayed off whilst we were there!The bamboo bungalows are so cute and as other reviewers commented, truely authentic. But most of all the owners and staff are wonderful. We were made to feel totally at home and totally relaxed. Nadine and Paul are great fun and great hosts. Sit with a cocktail and watch the amazing sunsets in a wonderful chilled environment! Or chill in a hammock!!!! Food wonderful too. Will definitely recommend it and would love to go back some time. Wonderful!!!

Room Tip: only a small number of rooms - I would say the beach house if you can get it is the key one to have...
  • Stayed: April 2014, travelled as a couple
Nadia S, Owner at Round House, responded to this reviewResponded 23 May 2014

Thank you for taking the time to review us and we are so pleased you loved our place and enjoyed your time with us...next time your here we will have some new cocktail concoctions to try out on you:)

Reviewed 4 May 2014

Round House is an absolute gem on the island of Koh Lanta , the rustic authentic bamboo Thai style bungalows are beyond paradise , the location on Klong Ninbeach is way way beyond paradise , the beach is footsteps from the bar and huts ,the beautiful ocean is in full view all day , even at low water well beyond paradise . The owners Paul , Nadia and their staff ,especially Steve are wonderful hosts , lovely people and great company and fun , nothing is ever a problem . The garden has a lovely ambience , rustic bar , sublime cocktails , amazing sunsets and you are made to feel very welcome what ever time of the day . All in all Round House is an amazing place to stay or visit for the day , beyond paradise , cant wait to return Thank You .

Room Tip: All the photographs tell the truth .
  • Stayed: April 2014, travelled solo
Nadia S, Owner at Round House, responded to this reviewResponded 23 May 2014

Thank you so much for your kind words and for taking the time to review us.
It was as pleasure having you with us and we look forward to seeing you again soon.

Reviewed 2 April 2014

Klong Nin was a gem of a find on koh Lanta, & when I stumbled onto a hammock at The Roundhouse whilst travelling in November 2013 I knew I had to come back. So feb this year I returned. As once you've stayed you won't want to leave. The rustic simplicity is utterly breath taking. Been home a month & I still visit there every night in my dreams. Thank you Paul & Nadia for your laid back smiley hospitality. Much appreciated in this world of stress & demanding individuals. I will be back. :)

• Stayed: February 2014
Nadia S, Owner at Round House, responded to this reviewResponded 4 April 2014

Thank you for taking the time to review us and we can't wait to see you again here...next time you won't escape from the RH tattoo:-) Round House is not just a business for us but also our home and we love sharing it with the free spirits that come through our doors.
You are always welcome.