“Absolute relaxation in paradise”

Baan Pakgasri Hideaway
Ranked #36 of 151 Ko Lanta B&B and Inns
Reviewed 18 February 2014 via mobile

We stayed four nights in baan pakgasri and thoroughly enjoyed our stay. Room was beautiful and traditionally decorated, not to mention extremely clean. Breakfast was included and was absolutely delicious, nearly keeping us full until our late evening meal. The staff were extremely friendly and professional. The beach was divine with lots of dining options for all budgets. Would definitely return!

Stayed: February 2014, travelled as a couple

Reviewed 8 February 2014

Even so we had the booking confirmation from booking.com and the hotel had received the reservation, the room was not available.
They put us in another hotel which was more expensive and we had to pay the difference. It was an hotel issue and we had to pay for their error!! The guy clearly indicated that his profit will go down if he was taking his responsability and pay the difference so he found it normal that the customer pay more!!

• Stayed: February 2014
Reviewed 1 February 2014

just got back from paragon bungalows where i stayed with my wife and young children 4 and 2 we stayed for 5 nights.it was absolute bliss they couldnt do enough for us its perfect for families the owner lek will help you with anything you need, a top bloke and the massages are excellent they would give my son massages for free.the bar staff are really friendly as well and always looking out for your children.at night you can put the kids to bed and sit at the bar no problem as you can see the bungalows the music is not loud very chilled as a treat we stayed at the beach front bungalow for the last 2 nights its right on the beach worth the extra bit of money.everybody loved it and will definitely stay here again.

• Stayed: January 2014, travelled with family
1  Thank merson1774
Reviewed 23 January 2014

we stayed at baan pakgasri for 7 nights and loved our stay wish we could have stayed longer
the staff helped us with everything from booking day trip to airport transfers ,motorbikes and washing
the place is on an amazing beach and would recommended anyone to stay here
WE WILL BE BACK :)

april and brady

• Stayed: January 2014, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 11 January 2014 via mobile

We only stayed 2 nights here, but we loved it. The resort itself has been great from beginning to end. As soon as we arrived, the staff were very friendly and helpful. Our room had everything a traveller needs - air con, bar fridge, hot shower, tv, comfy bed, a little patio area out the front where you can sit and chill, fast free wifi and included breakfast. We especially loved the breakfast. You order at the reception, and then they bring breakfast to you on your patio. Every room has some sort of sea views. We had the standard, so we were furthest back and could still see the ocean. Your bungalow gets cleaned every day, with fresh towels and beach towels.

Another plus of this resort is that it allows you to use a bigger resort's pool for free, which is about a 300m walk along the
beach. The pool is so nice, right on the beach, and the food there is so nice.

Baan Pakgasri is also on the best beach in Koh Lanta - Klong Nin Beach. Before we came, we read that apparently Long Beach was the best, but we definitely think Klong Nin is much cleaner and nicer with lots of choice for restaurants and bars on the beach.

We would stay at Baan Pakgasri again. Great place! Very chilled place to relax.

• Stayed: January 2014
Reviewed 4 December 2013

The hotel is located in a nice quiet area of the island. Half-way down near to Long Beach. The hotel is beautiful and the accomodation is comfortable.
However, we did have a bad experience - booked a motorbike out and the man at reception demanded my passport as a deposit. When we came to check-out in the morning (we had booked an early ferry to Krabi) we found the whole of reception was closed and there was NOBODY from the hotel staff on-site at all, this was at around 8:00am. I needed to get my passport back. Our taxi arrived to pick us up to go to the ferry but I still had not been able to get my passport back.....the taxi driver then started getting annoyed as he had other people to collect from different hotels. Eventually a woman who worked there turned up on a motorbike to open up. I tried to explain the situation to her and I was shocked that she didn't know where my passport was or even had the number of the man who usually sat at reception. Our booked taxi then left without us.....and 10 minutes later the woman showed up with my passport. They then made us pay for another taxi to get to the ferry port and were unwilling to pay anything towards this extra expense we incurred. To add to the experience....at no point did we even get an apology.
A nice hotel ruined by incompetent staff!!!!

Lastly, there was a TV in the room.....but it did not work at all. What is the point in having it if it does not work???

• Stayed: December 2013, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 30 November 2013

I love my 5 night stay here! I actually booked Baan Pakgasri six months before my trip, and because of that I managed to secure one of the closest standard huts to the beach. It was soooo amazing to go to sleep to the sound of the waves and nothing else!! The room was lovely; clean on arrival and cleaned every day. Bed was comfy and air con worked well. Also really liked the small terrace area outside - perfect for reading and breakfast.

There were a few power cuts while I was there, but I believe they were island/Klong Nin wide so couldn't be helped! Most were only seconds long and when one did last longer, the staff came round with candles for everyone which was appreciated. Staff were mixed - the guy who check me in was funny and friendly but I did go to reception another time to ask about the closest ATM machine and the possibility of a late check out and the guy then wasn't so friendly... I think it might have been more of a language barrier problem! It's worth emailing them in advance of arriving - I was able to arrange a free pick up from Saladan pier on my arrival which was very useful!

Overall I'd really recommend Baan Pakgasri - lovely rooms in an amazing location for a bargain price.

Stayed: November 2013, travelled solo