“awesome place”

Ranked #17 of 84 Hotels in Ko Lanta
Krabi Town, Thailand
“awesome place”
Reviewed 5 October 2011

I just want to tell to everyone if you would like to come to Kho Lanta one place recommended resort that is Lanta Pearl beach Resort this hotel right on long beach everyone know as very most beautiful beach on Koh Lanta, I never been resort like this in Thailand nice resort pepel are friendly. Let you come you will know as like me....

• Stayed September 2011, travelled solo

Business
Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (34)
  • Polish first
  • Thai first
Spain
Reviewed 27 August 2011

We booked the hotel through an agency only to find out on arrival the resort is just like a huge building site at low season! it's quite far from everything, you need to walk quite some time before finding a bar or restaurant, especially once again in low season. We rented a bike from there, the staff was really helpful in trying to find us another accommodation; we ended up going across the road to Lantawadee for one night, and went to Lanta Castaway the following week, a true perfect place, even in low season!

• Stayed August 2011, travelled as a couple
1 Thank MLR881
manchester
Reviewed 18 July 2011

We stayed here during a month traveling Thailand, Cambodia and Singapore, and now back home, this is one of the place we tell the most stories about!
It really was deserted, we saw only two couples within the resort and also in the whole area during the 2 days we stayed here..the beach, a 2minute walk down a quiet small road was literally ours to ourselves, watching the sunset and playing football with a young local lad on the beach was an unforgettable experience. Being young travellers however we felt it was just too quiet and desolate, however im sure for some people this place is paradise.
The bungalow we stayed in ourselves left alot to be desired. Being on a budget we got a fan bungalow for a rate of 400 baht per night, which is good value. The room was clean enough however seemed infested by all kinds of bugs and other creatures. There seemed to be a problem with bees and the couple next door told us they actually were moving bungalows as there was a bees nest in their roof. Waking up in the morning covered in mosquito bites despite using the provided mosquito net and covering ourselves in repellent wasnt the best way to start our day. The staff member who picked us up from the pier named A was brilliant, as was the lady working at reception. The restaurant wasnt open with it being low season and there was little to no choice for eating up on the main road. Overall i would recommend this place solely due to its secluded locartion, but not for standard of rooms..being low season it was eerily quiet, but as stated, this may have suited some people better than us who wanted somewhere more vibrant. There are most probably nicer places to stay on Long beach.

• Stayed July 2011, travelled as a couple
1 Thank boojeedoojee
Koh Lanta
Reviewed 8 July 2011

Pearl beach resort is a home for everyone. The lovely people that works and live there are open minded, helpfull, kind and very welcoming. In our first weeks on lanta this people showed me and my boyfriend how thailand can be when you learn the culture and understand the way of the life they are living.

I can only say we miss it.

The bungalows they have are clean and ” homie” and give you the perfect feeling of Kho Lantas chilled and relaxed atmosphere . Some huts have open roof bathroms with hot or cold showers, nice and clean toilets and a ok reflektion in the mirror. Who cares... you are in Thailand...:)

Every bungalow has it’s own little cute porch, but the top thing is the well used and comfy hammocks just hanging there waiting for you to enjoy with a book, or just a cold beer from Little hut bar. The beds where not bad at all, quite comfy.

Yes there is a bar with the resort.

The little hut bar is little, and it’s the place to meet locals and other travelers like your self. It’s not only the perfect bar, but it’s kept well by the bartender Nit, he will not only make you feel welcome in his bar, he will even make you the best cocktails, drinks or just do it the easy way and serve you an ice cold Chang. All this togheter with some cool groovie music or just some Bob Marley!! Little hut bar is a perfect begining or ending of the evening, or a whole day just hanging in the hammock and enjoying your stay on a paradise island. Everyone is welcome here. And if you have your own drinking hat, even better....

We recomended Pearl Beach to all our friends that came to visit us on Lanta, some stayed in aircon and some in fan bungalows. Good value for your money!

One thing was for sure... They all had an amazing time at Pearl Beach, and all their expectations where fulfilled.

They have good and affordable food in the restaurant , the staff where superb, helping you with everything, bookings, scooter rentals, trips and even laundry service!

We later moved on to an apartment for a longterm stay, but Pearl Beach and Little Hut bar was on our hello list everyday for four and a half months. It is and was a perfect meeting place.

Here we had barbeques, game nights, movie nights and the best nights!

And whatever you do don't miss the sunset at the beach just 2 minutes away!

• Stayed March 2011, travelled as a couple
Leeds, United Kingdom
Reviewed 17 June 2011

My wife and I stayed at Lanta Pearl for 3 nights. When we arrived at the hotel their was nobody around to check us in or even ask if it was the right place!!!! When a woman arrived on her motorbike she was very cold in her welcoming. I felt as if we had disturbed whatever she was doing and we were an inconvenience. We were showed to our bungalow that was clean, tidy, dark (due to it being surrounded by trees) and a bit damp. When we read the 'house rules' on the back of the door I was stunned to see that you had to ask for your room to be cleaned 24 hours before hand and better still you had to give 24 hours notice to check out!!! probably so they could make sure someone was around!!! We tried the next day to hire a motorbike and get the internet code and surprise surprise nobody was around. Eventually we met Ay (think that's how you spell his name) and said he worked there but our arrival day was his day off.. He seemed friendly and was able to sort out the internet and motorbike for us - he even booked our bus ticket away from Koh Lanta. The island itself is very rugged and unspoilt with parts of it looking like it has been deserted because it is the low season... Would we go back to Koh Lanta? Yes, would we stay here again? NO..... it seems there are better places around the island.

• Stayed June 2011, travelled as a couple
London, United Kingdom
Reviewed 18 May 2011

GREAT VALUE hotel with fabulous cook! skip the american breakfast and go for hash browns eggs and then banana pancakes. owner couldn't have been more helpful literally driving to the other end of the island to make sure that we could go snorkelling, have elephant rides and to book our bus tickets. very cheerful and welcoming hotel. the rooms are separate bungalows located about 150 meters from the sea in semi forest with hammock outside on the porch. went in low season, so had the beaches to ourselves which were fabulous! stayed on an extra four nights! truly memorable. THANKYOU!!!

• Stayed May 2011, travelled as a couple
Rome, Italy
Reviewed 21 April 2011

I personally had a bad experience with pearl beach resort, but quite all people present in the lobby agreed with me and where quite upset and not happy about the location, most of them blocked there because they booked and already paid online for all the period of staying.
From the pictures in the internet sites in fact it doesn't look so bad, but when you arrive there you see it is really shabby and dirty, with a sort of dirty full of plastic and garbage swamp on a side that attract any sort of insect and, I swear you, thousands of frogs and crickets that scream at night and early in the morning so loud that is quite an experience!
In addiction to that, there is a girl running the lobby who is veri nice and kind, but the rest of the people working there, maybe because of smoking too much marjuana, that are really lazy and upsetting beacuse they couldn't fix any problem.
This was clear to any guest, now I'll tell you my experience that never happened in Thailand.
For three days I told them my bungalow was too dirty and I wanted to change it (paid already for three days online), they didn't clean it and every morning they said to me that was fully booked that night but I could change the next.
After 3 days I asked to stay 2 more days and he said that I should have changed each night bungalow, but he would have arranged to move other guesta coming to leave me in the same hut. I said ok, but then in memory of the joke of the dirty huts I could never change, I went back in the lobby and said that I would have staied if he could ensure me I shouldn't change hut every day...at this point he changed attitude, he became nasty and said he cannot ensure anything and he doesn't need me and my money because he is always fully book, and he refuse also to keep my luggage in the lobby for few hours while looking for another place.
That attitude was really strange in thailand, never happend to me that I stayed very well averywhere and I travelled 5 times in this country a sa backpacker.
DON'T GO THERE!!!!!!!!!!!