“Ottimo resort - Nice resort near the beach”

Lanta Pearl Beach Resort
Ranked #17 of 84 Hotels in Ko Lanta
roma
“Ottimo resort - Nice resort near the beach”
Reviewed 17 March 2012

Siamo stati benissimo in questo resort proprio a pochi metri dalla spiaggia. Il personale è molto carino ed accogliente ci hanno aiutato a prenotare le gite in barca alle isole (Ko Rok vale veramente la pena) e per prendere un motorino in affitto.
I bungalow sono molto carini e puliti sicuramente un posto da tornare!!!!
We booked this resort by internet. It was very nice place friendly persons and helpfull for book our boat trip (as Ko Rok island) and motocicle rent. The suites are very nice and clean. I will come back!!

• Stayed February 2012, travelled as a couple

Business
Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (34)
  • Polish first
  • Thai first
Bristol, England, United Kingdom
Reviewed 7 March 2012

I can't say a bad thing about this resort. Me and my family booked for 5 nights and ended up extending the trip. The staff are friendly and helpful, the onsite restaurant was fantastic and the bar is very relaxing. The rooms were clean and pleasant. It was very good value for money and perfect location for a beachy, chilled holiday. Wish I was still there!

• Stayed November 2011, travelled with family
2 Thank Emily J
Reviewed 27 February 2012

For me, it’s pretty difficult to believe bad reviews. Right now, I and my parents are at Lanta Pearl Beach Resort and unfortunately we have only two more days left here.

We arrived here on the 21st of February and had actually booked just for three days. However, after spending one night at the resort, we decided to extend our stay here because we loved here so much!

Firstly, the resort is very short walking distance to the beach which is not very crowded like Phuket beaches are and is peaceful.

Moreover, you wake up with the songs of birds in the morning and listen to the fireflies in the evening.

Additionally, our aircon family bungalow is clean and has enough space.

And above all, the staff and manager are great people and very helpful.

Now, I want to tell more about great manager who enabled us here to stay more days by putting so much effort. Although on our second day we decided to stay more here, my mum told us not to hurry up for new booking because she thought that one of family bungalows would be surely vacant however I knew that now is high season and at such a nice place, last minute booking could be risky. Anyway, what I thought happened to us when I talked to the hotel staff regarding our new booking. The staff told me that family bungalows were not available for next six nights and we needed to stay at another hotel for one day and move from a room to room in order to stay for the rest of the days. We were really upset then he suggested us to speak with the manager to see how they can assist us more.

Then the manager came and informed us about occupancy and what he can do. After that, I tried to express how we like here and then he said “Let me see what I can do more for you.” While he was trying to do his best, we were waiting his news and my mum was complaining about her back pain (she had herniated disk surgery) and how moving from a place to place would be so difficult for her.

Now let me tell you the enjoyable part, after waiting time :) The manager, Michael told me that he had good and bad news. Then he asked “Which one would you like to hear first?” I said “Good news?” And Michael, with a great sense of humour, told me that we could stay in the same bungalow for more six days as we requested (yet more, with a discount)

We are really grateful to him. If you come to Koh Lanta Island and choose to stay at Lanta Pearl Beach Resort, you will see that egoless and lovely manager while working together with his team and even while serving the guests.

There is more, I want to share with you, in fact will be very personal review. However, I want readers know about a special Italian couple, Tania and Luigi who were hotel guests I met on our second day, became really good friends and spent wonderful days. For me, they were the people have made me smile with their beautiful minds and spirits.

Here is a wonderful place to stay. I've had many unforgettable memories.

I will definitely come back!

• Stayed February 2012, travelled with family
2 Thank begumerden
London, United Kingdom
Reviewed 15 February 2012

This resort is one of the finest on the islands! All the staff here including A, Na and Michael are on call 24/7 to make your stay an enjoyable one, wether it be for two days or two weeks. I decided to stay at this resort for two weeks as it was so lovely. I stayed in several of the bungalows as i extened my stay. It all depends on what you want to spend to what type of accomodation you get but from the basic to the top they are all comfortable and clean. The room is cleaned when you want, so fresh bedding and towls when you please. The resturaunt and staff are accomodating, serving you either western or local dishes. The bar and staff are entertaning and make you feel at home with all there glorious cocktails!! I visited many resorts here and I must say this is far one of the best on the island. Thankyou Pearl Beach. Simon UK

Room Tip: Decide on what you want from your accomodation, aircon or just fan, mordern look or traditional? Rem...
  • Stayed January 2012, travelled solo
3 Thank simon m
Newcastle upon Tyne, United Kingdom
Reviewed 15 February 2012

We booked our stay at Lanta Pearl Beach before arriving in Thailand and got a very good deal by emailing directly. The staff are so friendly and helpful and the bar is a great place to chill out in the evenings thanks to Nit and his team! They also have a travel agency who offer very reasonable prices and organise everything for you.

Having been to Phi Phi we were planning on spending a bit of time in Phuket, but hated it on arrival so phoned Pearl Beach and booked another few nights there - within 24 hours we were back and 10x happier!

We booked an aircon bungalow each time but the standard varies a bit between these. Our first stay was spent in one of the much larger newer M row bungalows - these rooms were great, nicely decorated, comfortable, spacious. Our second stay was spend in the older A row bungalows - still perfectly adequate although could really do with a little updating. This wouldn't take much, just replacing the fabric headboard with a wooden one, a new matress and maybe some darker curtains. For any others worried about bugs (as I was!) I can assure you we did not see any insects/spiders etc in either bungalow room, only the odd small gekko!

Long Beach is great - no sunloungers on the beach, but we spent a lot of time at San's Beach Bar which is metres away from Pearl Beach and has shaded bamboo beach beds where we would stay for the day. Plenty of great restaurants on the beach within 10 minutes walk, or get a cheap tuktuk down the far end of Long Beach for more choice.

We loved this place, both Ko Lanta and the Pearl Beach and hopefully we'll come back sometime!

Room Tip: If you can get a bungalow in the M row, they are a bit nicer.
  • Stayed January 2012, travelled as a couple
2 Thank unicorn07
Scotland
Reviewed 7 February 2012

So close to the beautiful Long Beach that the miserable room didn't matter too much. It was a bit dingy and smelled of dampness, the headboard of the bed had mould on it and the bathroom was concrete walls and felt a bit like a prison, not pleasant. I think we were just a bit unlucky as we got the last available room and the other bungalows looked newer and better.
Staff were excellent.

• Stayed February 2012, travelled as a couple
New York, NY
Reviewed 18 January 2012

The Lanta Pearl Beach really stands out because of the friendly and incredibly helpful staff. They are attentive, speak great English and always have a smile. The location is also very good, about a minute walk from the beach. Decent food at the restaurant. My one complaint has to do with the rooms. You can't expect luxury at this price range but they could work on maintaining the rooms in better condition. The bathroom had a big hole that let bugs in, and the mattress on one of our beds was insanely hard, like sleeping on a plank. Mattresses seem to vary a lot from room to room. Overall though a very good value and we had a lovely time here.

• Stayed January 2012