“Great place to stay but do not book travel arrangements through them”

Leaf House Bungalow
Ranked #60 of 85 Hotels in Ko Lanta
Reviewed 4 February 2014 via mobile

Overall the bungalows were clean and a close walking distance to the beach. The shower head was not great but it did have hot water. We were on a top bungalow as noted in other reviews there were occasional scratching noises at night and early morning. What animals were making them I'm not sure and I opted not to dwell on it too much hoping I would not have a sighting which I didn't.

I was however very disappointed in their travel bookings for us to ko phagnan. Having developed a good relationship with the owner I trusted the information she gave me and booked my transfer with her. She told us we would leave at 830 and arrive at 130. Instead we arrived at 6pm. There are not that many ferries to ko phagnan so either she purposely deceived us or was just grossly misinformed. Granted had I looked into it myself I would have known the ferry times and planned accordingly but I trusted her and didn't do that. Instead we arrived at the lompraya office at 11, didn't leave for the pier until 1pm and boarded a 4pm boat. We could have at least left the hotel a few hours later but we didn't. Probably because we dropped off other people at the airport ahead of time. I understand that when u travel on the cheap this is how it goes but I would prefer to make the decision myself as to whether I want to waste the entire day travelling or spend a little more to save time.

• Stayed: February 2014

Reviewed 19 January 2014

Cute little bungalows, just off long beach. Clean, nice bathroom, comfy mattress, good mosquito net, included breakfast was standard but tasty and came quickly. Friendly staff! close to massages, mini mart and restaurants. Nice chilled out common area with book swap. I think we were sharing the attic of our bungalow with some furry (or scaled) friends, but this did not bother us and we came to find the scurrying sounds entertaining. Noise from other guests and music from beach was a bit of an issue.

Stayed: January 2014, travelled as a couple
1  Thank stephtotheleft
Reviewed 19 January 2014

...this was my home, my destination for several times during my vacation by my backpacking-trip in the Andaman Sea.

"Mama Lexia", the lady, who runs this lovely & beautiful oasis of peace, got been my Thai-Mama in that time!

I had a great time there and felt very well in my No. 5 :)

It's a place to meet lovely people from all around the world (backpacker from 18 to 60 years, couples, young families, aso), to change experiences all around travelling and places to visit.

I saw also one rat on the resort, but, hey, come on, we're in Thailand, that wasn't the only place and the only animal, which I saw on this trip... ;)

• Stayed: December 2013, travelled solo
1  Thank SibelFischer
Reviewed 2 January 2014

We stayed for two nights between Christmas and New Year.

The rooms are basic but functional and clean. A mosquito net is provided and the outdoor shower room is quirky.

The staff team and extremely helpful and amazingly laid back like most other people on the Island!

There is music playing somewhere in the distance but once inside the lodge you cant hear it and it didn't affect our sleep.
Very close (3 minutes) to long beach- great position!

Room Tip: If you want to rent a bike go to the tourist place down the road as its cheaper.
  • Stayed: December 2013, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 28 December 2013

Ideal spot close to the beach but far enough to have a little peace too. We absolutely loved the bathrooms and Alexi was a great host who really made us feel comfortable, we're just sorry we didn't get a chance to see him before we had to rush off. Would definitely stay here again :)

• Stayed: December 2013, travelled with friends
Reviewed 28 November 2013

Great place, chip, very lovely staff, friendly ambiance. The rooms are clean, with all that you need. I felt at home! I was going to stay one night and finally I stayed 5!!! I surely will be back there, and highly recommend it to travelers around the world.

• Stayed: November 2013
1  Thank XanaDahdal
Reviewed 27 November 2013

A beautiful little get away by the beach! Highly recommend!
It's cheap, it's by the beach and the staff are amazing!
It's nice and quiet and the main town is only a 2 minute get away :)
The best bungalows in Thailand!! :)

Stayed: November 2013