“Good value on a budget”
Review of Pada Hotel

Pada Hotel
Ranked #70 of 159 Ko Lanta B&B and Inns
Reviewed 4 April 2014

Booked for 2 nights stayed for 10 so was a comfortable place, near the beach and with use of neighbouring hotel pool by the beach. A few minor issues with the plumbing and electrics but that can happen anywhere on the island. 7 eleven and motorbike hire nearby, and a good little restaurant next door. Would recommend for budget travellers as a couple.

• Stayed: March 2014

Reviewed 3 April 2014 via mobile

Good room for a reasonable price, garden is a nice place to just kick back and relax for a while and the staff are fantastic. Especially the guy from Dubai. We will come back here some time, for sure!!

Stayed: April 2014, travelled with friends
pada h, Owner at Pada Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 4 April 2014

Thank you very much it was pleasure meeting you.
Wish to see you again soon

Reviewed 28 March 2014

Beatiful accomodation for vacation on Koh Lanta. Staffs were very friendly and helpfull, bungalow was very clean, with fridge and cabel TV. Near a bungallows is a swimming pool with bar and restaurant and romantic beach...I can very recommend for all...I would like to come bach to Pada sometimes...

• Stayed: March 2014, travelled with friends
pada h, Owner at Pada Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 30 March 2014

Thank you very much for choosing our hotel wish you safe trip :)

Reviewed 25 March 2014 via mobile

Fantastic place to stay. The staff are amazing and the accommodation is equally amazing. Great pool just a 2 min walk from our room. Air con in the rooms and the restaurant at the hotel has great coffee and breakfast. I would highly recommend staying at the lovely Pada resort and hope to come back to watch the beautiful sunsets. Oh and who can beat happy hour at the pool bar!

Stayed: March 2014, travelled with friends
1  Thank Megan J
Reviewed 13 March 2014

it was an immense pleasure for me to stay at pada hotel. lovely stuff and effective location. friendly place to stay and garden view was unique. one of the best place i ever stayed and for sure i am coming back to pada again.

Room Tip: ask the stuff who are really friendly and help you out . my room was upgraded without any charge. ch...
  • Stayed: March 2014, travelled solo
pada h, Owner at Pada Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 14 March 2014

it was pleasure serving you
wish to see you soon :)

Reviewed 9 March 2014

Stayed in one of the bungalows,lovely and clean,air con is a must though! All the staff are lovely and very helpful,on site restaurant which we never used,but plenty in the locality.there is a private beach shared with another hotel,and the use of the pool there.Its worth going there for the happy hour cocktails,food delicious,and huge portions,be careful what you order!

Stayed: March 2014, travelled with friends
pada h, Owner at Pada Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 11 March 2014

Thank you very much for your sweet comment we wish you safe trip

Reviewed 7 March 2014

First off all, this hotel is located between long beach and the lighthouse. I think it's a great laid back location. If you walk further south there is this cool place called blue moon as it offers great reasonable priced authentic food. Anyway back to pada. I think the hotel itself is not bad. I had a room with a fan but had access to the pool and the beach was there as well. I'm trying to be as honest as possible as it's important for all reviewers to share honest opinions of their experience. I have been travelling nonstop for 5 months and I have to say the guy or owner who greeted me was incredibly the most rude, pretentious and unwelcoming person I have ever met. Such a shame because koh lanta itself is laid back and friendly. Well this fella who isn't Thai was slimey and inconsiderate. He seriously need to enrol in a hospitality course and learn how to be pleasant with people in general. I wouldn't return unless he leaves. And another thing, he would nt return my 2000 baht deposit as I was struggling to find the paper in front of him. Meanwhile he had the proof with him and refused to give me the money. I believe it s a 2 way street with both signatures needed. Fortunately I found the paper and got my money back ...not from him but from his female colleague. She wasn't too bad.
Anyway I feel bad for the staff working there as you could sense the environment as very tensed. I met some of them and they were pleasant. In conclusion, hotel wasn't too bad and if you can ignore the poor hospitality, then come here. They say they are a 3 star hotel but with 5 star services. Thus this is very untrue.

Ps. Don't buy packages from them as they are mOre expensive than others. Secondly, they do not offer free rides from the pier as advertised on the website. they blamed it in agoda for not removing it but i saw their other websites showing free rides. I had to pay 300 bahts. Weird, I called and emailed them previously and repeatedly about this matter but they didn't bother to reply.

I just realized this place was too stressful. Such a shame because koh lanta is a nice place.

Room Tip: Better to get the room that is closer to the beach instead of the building. I stayed I a bungalow wh...
  • Stayed: March 2014, travelled solo
2  Thank Yor Y
Shadis20, Owner at Pada Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 8 March 2014

Your comment was very unacceptable , we did our best to make you comfortable specialy that you cant speak, I haven't have the chance even to talk to you how you could say I was rude to you.
I don't know the real reason makes you write a such a comment.
Any way we are sorry if there was any inconvenience caused by us.
Wish u happy time