“A Great View and a Great Host”
Review of Panorama

Panorama
Ranked #41 of 377 Restaurants in Ko Lanta
Cuisines: European, Thai
Dining options: Breakfast
Dining options: Breakfast
Reviewed 21 March 2013

We went to the Panorama Restaurant for a late lunch, staying there until just after sunset. We chose it as a result of the many positive reviews on this site. Reaching the restaurant posed no problem because we had come to Ko Lanta by car. It's about a 10-minute drive south of Old Town.

The view of the island and the sea was great from our table. The owner, Jack, was very welcoming. He was curious to know how I had found out that he called the neighboring island Homer Simpson Island, so I told him that the reviews on Trip Advisor had spilled the beans.

The food was OK, but my Thai wife and I found it toned-down to suit Western tastes. My wife ordered somtam, but it had virtually no chilis, so she wouldn't eat it. Her tom yam gai was good, however, as was my gang keow wan (made with tofu because I'm a vegetarian).

I'd like to give the kitchen another chance, hopefully on a future visit to Ko Lanta. My suspicion is that the absence of Jack's wife (who had taken the family pickup truck to return other diners to their hotel) might have caused our request for the food to be spicy to be ignored.

Overall, this place is well worth a detour because of the atmosphere, the friendly host and the fantastic view.

Reviewed 2 March 2013

This restaurant is on the eastern side of Koh Lanta not far from the end of the road and the Sea Gypsy village at the south end of the island. The Thai food was fresh and delicious and the view was terrific. Highly recommended.

1  Thank wudzy
Reviewed 29 January 2013 via mobile

We just stopped here to have a coffee and a cake to enjoy the nice view. Oppisite to it there is a island which they call Homer Simpson Island.

The owner Jack is so friendly and the coffee beans are from his sister from Chiang Mai. Also the bathroom is very clean. I never so a bathroom that clean in other viewpoint restaurants! They also provide soap and paper towel for hand washing! (unfortunately others do not and so I mention it)

Big recommendation if you are you going to the south of the island by motorbike!

2  Thank toberho
Reviewed 25 January 2013

panorama experience is really great. not just the place that we can stay but the food as well. we try mango salad, padthai (very different taste among padthai that we taste). dessert like brownies with ice cream is excellent.
we have good memory here on our pre honeymoon. no cover like open air shower while seeing the moonlight in the sky. when we sleep we can only hear a beautiful sound from the sea.
the owner is very friendly and hospitable in taking care their customer, thats why we notice a lot of foreigners is coming back here.
we plan to come back here for an official honeymoon.

wency/ying
25-jan-13

2  Thank Chanoknart P
Reviewed 21 December 2012 via mobile

really great food...really...and they dont seem to add sugar to the fruit drinks which was a bonus..their coffee is fresh and the owner Jack is as enthusiastic as any T.V chef about sourcing his ingredients. Friendly and beautiful place.We also got to read someones dissertation the local sea gypsies..very interesting!. This to me is a business that understands modern tourism....sharing and educating about local experiences.

2  Thank AuroraLeeGreen