“Cockroaches in room”
Review of Sincere Guesthouse

Sincere Guesthouse
Ranked #24 of 151 Ko Lanta B&B and Inns
Reviewed 30 October 2013

Booked 5 nights at this location, stayed 6 hours. Appers nice cosmetically, however don't be fooled. We left our bags in our room for less than 2 hours we came back and there were multiple cockroaches and in our bags.

Owner was nice enough to offer another room, but when you have multiple cockroaches in one room....

Didn't offer us a refund, will see what I can do about it.

Depressing location, beach is a walk through a dodgy part of town.

Owner did give us a bottle of champagne to help celebrate our honeymoon and gave us a lift at 11 pm to a New location to stay as room was too sketch to spend the night

Room Tip: Bring cockroach spray
  • Stayed: October 2013, travelled as a couple
There are newer reviews for Sincere Guesthouse

Reviewed 12 October 2013 via mobile

Staff was unfriendly, bored and didn't pay attention to us. Door of room didn't close, gave us a very unsafe feeling, especially because we were the only guests and the staff left at 4 pm without saying a word. We wanted to order another drink only to find out everyone had left! They returned the next morning, left everything open and unattended! We give one star because the bed was ok, but there was no bedlinen.

Stayed: October 2013, travelled with friends
Reviewed 5 April 2013

Yeah, its my 4th visit. Fantastic little getaway from the hustle and bustle of the cities. Especially when this place is packaged with GoDive Lanta. Located along the quaint little thoroughfare about 100 metres from the Koh Lanta Saladan Jetty, this Guesthouse offers minimalistic accommodation at surprisingly good prices. King and Chompoo are the couple that manages the property, they are very helpful in providing information on everything that you'd like to do in and around Koh Lanta. Location proximity to 24-hour minimarts, restaurants and even a bookstore are within walking distance. I will recommend this place to all my friends and clients, should they want an idyllic getaway.

I'll be back again in October 2013

• Stayed: March 2013, travelled on business
2  Thank Divebugs
Reviewed 28 March 2013

It was my first time to visit Koh Lanta by alone. the location is great as it was close to minimart, dive shops, restaurants and a beautiful night market. The rooms are very comfortable and the couple owner was very friendly and helpful. it is a suggested nice place to stay and to relax. Can't wait to going back again ^^. Awesome place without any regret

• Stayed: March 2013, travelled solo
1  Thank XiangJoyceChan
Reviewed 27 March 2013

We stayed in Sincere Guesthouse for 4 nights and it proved to be a good base to explore Koh Lanta from. The room, though admittedly small, was well kept and clean with a TV and good shower. The only critique that we would have is that there was no fridge and it was very 'compact'! But, considering it is right in the mix of Saladan, it is very quiet and a great place to lay your head at night.
The couple who run the Guesthouse are lovely - very approachable and they speak brilliant English. They gave us some great recommendations for where to go, where to rent bikes from, trips we should go on etc. We couldn't have asked for better service from them and they made the stay easy and enjoyable. All in all, I would recommend it! If you're looking for a clean, friendly place to stay with easy access to all amenities then this is the one for you. The view from the cafe is also beautiful, and it's very easy to relax on a hammock and forget your day-to-day worries.
Just an extra note..go to Memory restaurant 2 or 3 shops down. The food is outstanding!

• Stayed: March 2013, travelled as a couple
1  Thank debramcfall
Reviewed 19 March 2013

We have visited Koh Lanta three times over the past four years, and have stayed at Sincere Guesthouse all three times. The location is great (close to minimart, dive shops, restaurants, etc.), the rooms are comfortable, and King and Chompoo, who run the place, are very friendly and helpful. We find that it is a great, low-key guesthouse that provides everything that we need. We look forward to going back again!

• Stayed: February 2013, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 17 March 2013

I've made a booking for 2 nights at this hostel and had to cancel it due to change of plans. Sincere guesthouse's cancellation policy states they charge you for the entire booking, which is a bit annoying but fair enough, especialy since they've agreed to make a change in dates with no problem. However, I got a very angry call from them late last night, the opening of was a woman yelling at me "WHAT'S WRONG WITH YOUR CARD!?". I was a bit shocked but told her there shouldn't be any problem with my card and maybe she should try it again. She kept being very rude and wouldn't take my answer for what it was. I have worked as a hostel receptionist before, and it happens that sometimes payment doesn't go through; communication problems, maybe I've reached my limit, maybe she just didn't put the number in right! Whatever it is, there's no reason to be so rude and make me out to be somekind of criminal. So today I called back, the same person answered the phone and claimed to be the owner. When I told her how unhappy I was with the way she spoke to me the night before, she started swearing at me! I am so disgusted. I hope my 20 something dollars were worth causing this humiliation.

Stayed: March 2013