“This place is excellent for anyone who wants to visit Lanta”
Review of Sincere Guesthouse

Sincere Guesthouse
Ranked #25 of 157 Ko Lanta B&B and Inns
Reviewed 14 January 2014 via mobile

The sincere guest house is in an excellent location right in the heart of the Saladan village. The rear of the property has a beautiful deck that extends out over the river. The owners King and Chompoo are a wonderful couple with plenty of advice on the island. They both speak excellent english and can assist with deals on tours and transfers. I honestly couldn't fault any aspect of the service, it felt like a home away from home. I was truly sad to say goodbye to them both. If you are looking for satellite tv and a spa this is not the place for you. If you want a low cost authentic Thai experience in comfortable rooms with wonderful people then book your stay at Sincere Guesthouse. Regards, (Irish-Australia)

• Stayed: January 2014
Sincere-Guest-House, Manager at Sincere Guesthouse, responded to this reviewResponded 14 January 2014

Thank you very much for stay with Sincere Guest House & Restaurant. Hope to see you stay with us soon next time.

Reviewed 12 January 2014

I seriously can't comprehend how good this guesthouse is. My girlfiend and I, came to Koh Lanta on a whim and just managed to book Sincere last minute. As soon as we arrived King and his WONDERFUL wife (owners) made us extremely welcome and showed us where to go and what to do around the town of Saladan without even asking for assistance. The room was beautiful, double bed. The Guesthouse itself was lovely, it is built over the pier, we spent quite a few mornings just chilling out and laying on the comfy bed/mats that overlooked the pier. I mentioned to King that I would like to study Marine life, and King was extremely helpful in organising an amazing dive for me with his company Go Dive, as well as a day of snorkling for my girlfriend. After our two days of staying at Sincere and had been searching desperately for another place to stay on Koh Lanta, as we loved it and Sincere was completely bookied out. We asked King and his wife if they knew of any places with availabily. They both were once again incredibly helpful, and king himself PERSONALLY drove us down the road to his friends guesthouse and managed to get us another 3 nights in Koh Lanta. On Christmas, unfortunately the day we were checking out of Sincere, they gave us a Christmas present! Both to myself and my girlfriend, these nice little 'I <3 Koh Lanta' pouches, which we have been and still are using as our money pouch. Seriously guys! if your coming to Ko Lanta, you have to try and stay here, the chilled out vibe and the friendliness is nothing like I've witnessed before at any Guesthouse!!! Was so sad to leave and will be back here straight away next time we're travelling around the Islands again. THANKYOU GUYS SO MUCH FOR GIVING US SUCH AN INCREDIBLE TIME IN KOH LANTA! YOU GUYS ARE THE BEST!!!!!

Chris and Ruby

Room Tip: Every room is great, but room 8 has its own private balcony looking out over the pier
  • Stayed: December 2013, travelled as a couple
Sincere-Guest-House, Manager at Sincere Guesthouse, responded to this reviewResponded 13 January 2014

Reviewed 11 January 2014

We stayed 2 nights at sincere guest house in a small but beautiful room. Room number 8, which is the deluxe room, has a view on the sea and it's own private terrace whit lounge beds and a hammock. Perfect for chilling. The food and freshky made smoothies are great. Certainly great value for money!

Stayed: January 2014, travelled as a couple
Sincere-Guest-House, Manager at Sincere Guesthouse, responded to this reviewResponded 12 January 2014

Reviewed 11 January 2014

Sincere is a wonderful guest house and restaurant - I stayed here for over 3 weeks and it is one of the loveliest places I have ever found on all my travels.

The guesthouse is clean, quiet and comfortable and the location on stilts over the river was amazing - a beautiful and peaceful spot, and the deck overlooking the river is a great place to eat, relax, and enjoy the afternoon breeze.

There are plenty of great restaurants and shops nearby, and it is easy to organize tuk tuk transport or scooter rental to other places on the island.

The prices were very reasonable, and the quality, cleanliness and comfort of the accommodation much better than other hotels in the same price range.

But the best thing of all are the wonderful owners and the great team - King and Chompoo are so welcoming and really create a home away from home. They are so kind and helpful, and went out of their way to make my stay a comfortable one. They also helped me organize any tours, dive trips and scooter hire that I needed, and can provide any information you need about the best spots on the island to make the most of your stay.

I'll definitely be back!

• Stayed: January 2014
Sincere-Guest-House, Manager at Sincere Guesthouse, responded to this reviewResponded 18 January 2014

Reviewed 7 January 2014

Overpriced rooms, no covers on the bed, looked like the sheets hadn't even been changed since the last guest. I was shown to my room, for which I paid over 1500 baht (which is almost $50 USD), and when I mentioned that there was no sheet or bed spread, the owner said "Thai style", and pointed to a large cotton towel that he expected me to use as a bed cover. I tell you, folks, that is not "Thai style." I've been coming to Thailand for 15 years and have NEVER been to a hotel where a towel was supposed to be used as a bed blanket. Luckily, I brought my own sheets, because I didn't want to sleep on the one they had on the bed. That evening I asked for a glass of ice so I could have a cold drink in my room, Reluctantly the man who checked me in gave me a few ice cubes. Later, when I asked for another few cubes, he told me that I would have to buy ice, because they have to "cover their expenses." He requested that I pay 50 baht (1.50 USD) for a refill of ice. When I said that I just wanted a few more ice cubes, and that I didn't want to pay 50 baht, and that I could buy a whole bag of ice at the nearby 7/11 for only 13 baht (which is true), he snapped back "then you can go there." And the young woman who was behind the counter said "And you can check out now, too." I could hardly believe my ears, and I told her that I'm sure that the owner wouldn't like that she had said such a thing. She replied "I am the owner, and I don't care" The man tried to break up the bad energy, and told her to stop talking, I simply walked away, because I didn't want to deal with arrogant, nasty people. Maybe they were having a bad day, or maybe they're just not very nice, but I would never recommend this place to anyone. It's overpriced, the rooms are not very clean, the service sucks, there were no top sheets or bed covers, or little amenities like soap or toilet paper in the bathroom. Walk a few doors down and there are plenty of places to choose from.

Room Tip: They'll try to charge you more to stay closer to the river, but same bad service. Don't be f...
  • Stayed: January 2014, travelled solo
Sincere-Guest-House, Owner at Sincere Guesthouse, responded to this reviewResponded 8 January 2014

Thank you very much for your stay with us only one night. Don’t be f… again next time.
We thought why you are not really enjoy with our property because you expect too high and you think and compare that we are 5 or 6 stars hotel that you stayed before. Sorry we are only a guesthouse, but fully furnished.
Your room is Sea View Room witch is 1,400 THB. not over 1,500 THB you can check you confirmation booking as well please do not mark up too much. Anyways, when you think that overprice for you, why booked? Our sheets always change before new customer check-in including toilet paper in each room.

We offer blanket not the same like another hotel, but still useful for every valuable guests.
Refer to our house rules that you signed before check in:
No visitors and joiners allowed in the resident area except lobby. You still let an outsider who is non-registered get into room. By the way, we have the RIGHTS to cancel any bookings when you break the rules.
We also sales drink, but you bring your own alcohol and asking for a free glass of ice cubes. Of cause, we give as your requested, second time you keep asking a free glass of ice cubes for an outsider. When we explain why you have to pay for it, you keep yakking us. Now we realized that you are such a nice guy and how non-reasonable sticky of you.
We think you are an only tourist who come to THAILAND even many times as you mention, but never ever learn THAI culture or respect to THAI people.
Thank you very much again to let people know that suck people like you should stay at your hometown not THAILAND or anywhere. All bad behavior that you can’t do in your country, don’t do in our country as well!

Thank you for tripadvisor that we can reply guest's comment.

Reviewed 7 January 2014

Stayed there about 1week at december 2013. I would have stayed even longer, but the place was fully booked.Owners King and Chompoo were really friendly, helpful and treated me like a family member. Room was small but cozy,bed was good and AC worked perfectly. Best guest house in Saladan!

• Stayed: December 2013, travelled solo
Sincere-Guest-House, Manager at Sincere Guesthouse, responded to this reviewResponded 9 January 2014

Reviewed 5 January 2014

chompoo and king treat you like family they are fabulous people it is defentaly the place to stay i will be back to lanta next year and staying at sincere thanks guys u are wonderful people.i have been to thailand a few times but first time to lanta won't be the last it is on my favourites now great food everywhere in lanta i miss it already.

• Stayed: December 2013, travelled solo
Sincere-Guest-House, Manager at Sincere Guesthouse, responded to this reviewResponded 5 January 2014