“Nice”

Lanta Palm Beach Resort
Ranked #68 of 84 Hotels in Ko Lanta
Reviewed 23 March 2014 via mobile

Prices for the low end bungalo is 1000 bath, what aint so bad. You get ac and a hot shower. Tuk tuk to town is 50 bath per person. Pretty quiet place, not much to do around the hotel, dont eat at the sea side bar, the food is rubish and over priced. If you Are looking for a party dont come here. Its good for couples and older folk. You can get a scooter for 200 bath and trip around the island.

Stayed: March 2014, travelled with friends
There are newer reviews for Lanta Palm Beach Resort

Reviewed 24 February 2014

We spent 5 nights there in a family room in Feb. My general feeling was just ok. I believe I could find similar standard room with cheaper price if I had more time or if I was traveling alone.

Good things about this place:

1, Right on the beach, and our room (06) was the first one facing the ocean, so the view was quite nice.

2, The people at front desk were quite helpful. The young guy and the young girl are quite fluent in English, which helps with the communication a lot.

3, I like how their staff walks around in the compound checking and reminding people not to turn the AC on when they have their windows open. I was reminded to keep my windows shut in the evening to prevent the mosquitos from flying in. These are only small things but I really appreciate the care and attention.

Bad things about this place:

1, Wifi was pretty bad during my stay there. It was not working 4 out of 6 days when I was there. My devices can detect the network but it's just not working. We've checked with our neighbors who's under another network of Palm Beach, and he said the same thing happened to him. I've talked with the reception for 3 days in a roll, they had someone fixing it. But they apparently failed... I'm here on vacation, not work, true, but I'd also like to have access to the internet. Wifi here is a big disappointment and frustration for me.

2, There were ants in the room, big ones and the smaller ones. It doesn't bother me at all, but I'm just mentioning here in case other people who might be sensitive on this.

3, The daily tour/boat ticket/bus ticket price in the reception is significantly higher than the travel agency in Saladan town. Book them somewhere else will save you some good money.

Room Tip: The rooms closer to the beach might be noisy at night because of the bars on the beach. Try the wif...
  • Stayed: February 2014, travelled with family
Reviewed 13 February 2014

We found this place after cruising around on a moped, looking for a new place to stay. The area is quite nice, nice beach, little shops, restaurants etc, everything you need, so we decided to try and find accommodation here.

It was OK for the price to be honest but was too close to a couple of the nearby bars that play music until 3 / 4am for me to get any decent sleep. This might not bother you. There are nicer bungalows nearby, tucked away slightly that would suit better. Or got to Nakara. More expensive but much better quality!

Room Tip: A room as far away from the beach as possible would keep you away from the noise of neighbouring bar...
  • Stayed: February 2014, travelled as a couple
1  Thank urquhartps
Reviewed 13 February 2014

The bungalows are situated very nicely, with a view to the beach. The location is great! The beach is filled with great restaurants and bars.

The bungalows is ok, but could be cleaner. The shower curtain was very dirty, and the first day, we sprayed the entire room with bug-spray, to get rid of the mosquitos... but when we got home later that day, we found a bonus... two dead cockroaches. It´s a minor thing, and I'm not scared or grossed out by these bugs, and they are probably very hard to avoid in places like this... it is after all a bungalow at ground level (it is elevated about 1 meter), not a hotel room on the 40´th floor.

First we got a room right next to the resorts water supply, and it had a pump that was very noisy. confronted with this, the hotel staff was very kind, and moved us to another room. That new room had a noisy rat on the attic (we never saw it, but could hear it) again, this is probably the conditions, since we are close to the nature, and confronted again, the staff was very kind, and had a guy lay out rat poison, which took care of the problem!

I can´t understand the criticism here on other reviews, about the staff? I think it depends on the way you approach people... we never stormed over, and was angry about noise or bugs, but kindly talked with them, and we got friendly service back. We stayed for 10 nights, and the staff was really really great and kind! We also rented a scooter, and people say many places try to scam you to pay for repairs.... these guys were so legit and friendly, they didn´t even look at the scooters when we returned them, they just trusted us

So all in all... not a place for people who want luxury and 4-5 star hotels, but a great place for those who can do with less, and wants a great location, and a place with a VERY friendly staff

• Stayed: January 2014, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 11 February 2014

We arrived on koh lanta at night with no reservation. Our taxi driver tried to help us when no available rooms were to be had. He took us to palm beach resort. The reception was very cold and unwelcoming. Price was ok condidering koh lanta is overpriced. The bungalows are very basic. Strong sewerage odor from the bathroom with a hole in the floor to let the shower water out. There were alot of bugs in the bathroom. I live in a tropical type area next to the beach and with alittle bug spray it is easy enough to get rid of them. I was absolutely amazed that in three days our towels were never changed even though they said they cleaned the room. When th we women at the dedk found out we book our trip to koh phi phi somewhere else she got really annoyed and became very cold. When in a service business public relations is very important.

• Stayed: February 2014, travelled as a couple
1  Thank 123susan456
Reviewed 7 February 2014

Room in disrepair, have pics I posted on face book. Rusty fan, closet broken so can only use 6 hangers for close IF you unpack. Ants come in from hole on Bathroom floor. You can use toilet, shower & sink at the same time from same spot. Bathroom floor never dries so walking in bathroom is an ewwww experience! Management said they were full and no other rooms available. By the way; they called this a "Superior" room - I'd like my money back!

Stayed: February 2014, travelled with friends
1  Thank Robinlmah
Reviewed 11 January 2014 via mobile

Long story short: do not go here!!! This basically is a scam business that tries to rip you off and squeeze as much money as possible out of tourists. Nothing works and nobody is going to do anything for you. There are many other good hotels nearby and in the area. Do not set your foot here!

Stayed: December 2013, travelled as a couple