“A good traveller/backpacker restaurant”
Review of Sonya Restaurant

Sonya Restaurant
Ranked #84 of 350 Restaurants in Ko Lanta
Price range: US$1 - US$6
Cuisines: Thai
Reviewed 17 May 2014

We've eaten twice in Sonias restaurant. Frist time I had some western noodles with tomato sauce which were ok but could have been flavoured a bit more interesting. The second time I had a Thai dish which was tasty. The ambience is like you would eat in an old Thai style home with dark wood and a verandah around you. Good service.

Reviewed 18 April 2014 via mobile

Once we discovered this place we were eating there almost every day. The Thai food is very delicious and the prices are really affordable. We also loved atmosphere there and very friendly staff who also speaks very good English.

Reviewed 30 July 2013

Sonya Restaurant is located just south of Khlong Kong 7-11 and offers great food and value for money. We've been to Lanta 3 times in the last 2 years and the quality of the meals has never varied - it is always fantastic. Portions are generous and meals are very cheap considering they include rice. Great options for kids. One of the best local Thai places on Lanta, and the friendly staff there speak excellent English so are willing to help with just about anything.

This restaurant should be in the top 10 for Koh Lanta...

Reviewed 1 April 2013

I tried this small restaurant by chance while looking for somewhere to eat. I found it very good, excellent Thai dishes and cheap as well. After the first time I had meals here for three days in a row and tried many of their dishes. I was always satisfactory by all of them. Don't miss them if you're around...

Reviewed 19 February 2013

I had a variation of a Penang curry(can't remember the name of it) and it was scrumptious. I love masaman curry, but was persuaded to try this other curry. I am glad I did. One caveat though, I would have liked it spicier. The waiter asked me how spicy and I said 'medium', I should have said 'fire it up'.

Also, the service was prompt and attentive, like you might find at a fine dining joint in the US.