“"Poli nostimo" - "Delicious" in Greek”
Review of Greek Taverna

Greek Taverna
Ranked #20 of 309 Restaurants in Ko Lanta
Price range: US$2 - US$8
Cuisines: Greek
Dining options: After-hours, Dinner, Breakfast, Delivery, Reservations
Description: Welcome at the Greek Taverna "El Greco" at Klong Dao beach.
Khanom, Thailand
“"Poli nostimo" - "Delicious" in Greek”
Reviewed 24 June 2014 via mobile

The last thing we expected to encounter on the wild and deeply Asian island of Lanta was a Greek taverna. My girlfriend spotted it and wondered if they have tzatziki. We pulled over and entered the place.

The menu is solid and to the point. Obvisouly, Maria, Spiros and their 6 staff do not make experiments on their customers. All the dishes we ordered were perfect and huge. Our hosts were extremely kind and welcoming.

I am a b

• Turkish first
Edinburgh, United Kingdom
“'Hidden Gem- FANTASTIC!'”
Reviewed 24 June 2014 via mobile

So myself and my friend had only 5 days in Koh Lanta but during that time we didn't expect to come across such a great surprise. Obvsiously we have had a lot of thai food so we were looking for something different. This resteraunt is a few mins fron our resort and our first night we ordered Bifteki! Bloody fantastic! It is run by a family who are extremely nice and who provide outstanding service along with food that is of a scaryily great value. We returned regularly and we told the owner we wanted to order fresh fish. Ofcourse this was not a problem. Our fish was cooked to perfection! Delicious! Thanks very much guys for looking after us so well!!!!

• Visited June 2014
“Most delicious food I've had in Thailand”
Reviewed 24 June 2014

We're staying in Koh Lanta for 5 days but have already visited this place multiple times. No matter what you order, it will be absolutely delicious. Luckily the portions are big and for a good price. The owners are lovely, they will make you feel very welcome. I would recommend the Greek Taverna to everyone, great place

Ko Lanta, Thailand
“An absolute must in Koh Lanta!”
Reviewed 24 June 2014

I've been here twice, once for lunch and another time for dinner. I had the souvlaki first, I had leftovers for over 24 hours because of the ginormous portion, which my dog enjoyed too! I shared a plate for two that included a nice array of options with my favorite Tzatziki, again had leftovers that my dog enjoyed thoroughly. The best aspect of the restaurant are the Greek couple (owners) who are very attentive and really give you a warm atmosphere and a genuine experience. They even presented us with a complimentary dessert, some sort of cold cake with crispy shortbread type layers mixed with chocolate. Not a fan of chocolate, but I had to try and it was amazing! For travelers who've been eating Thai food for days on end, this is the place to indulge on western fare. I'll be returning again and I highly recommend this establishment to guests and friends alike.

Dordrecht, Nederland
“Greek food in Thai atmosphere!”
Reviewed 23 June 2014

Right beside the road from our resort to Lanta Old Town, we found this small but very nice taverna with a really cosy atmosphere that made us feel welcome. The owners are actually from Greece and after a small conversation we ordered real traditional dishes. It all came together with a perfect splash of wine and beer and we enjoyed every single minute here! A great combination of Thai hospitallity and greek food, must-go-there!