“Great experience!!!”
Review of Palm Beach Divers

Palm Beach Divers
Ranked #13 of 37 Tours in Ko Lanta
More attraction details
Owner description: Welcome to Palm Beach Divers - Koh Lanta Dive Center ! Do you feel like diving in Koh Lanta for pleasure, snorkeling or receiving PADI training? With Palm Beach Divers, Koh Lanta, you will go diving in idyllic surroundings, guided by a passionate team who will be looking out for your comfort and safety on the highest level. Thanks to Lila, our big boat, we will take you out into the Andaman Sea around Koh Lanta for unforgettable dives to admire a big variety of colorful coral reefs, full of life in its different forms. Created ten years ago, the Palm Beach Divers center is situated on Lanta, on Long Beach, one of Koh Lanta's most beautiful beaches. In October 2014, Palm Beach Divers passed over to the Polish couple Iwona and Wlodek Gryglewicz, both experienced PADI instructors. Palm Beach Divers is 5 star IDC Center and offers full range of PADI diving courses - from Open Water Diver to Instructor level as well as diving and snorkeling trips to destinations close to Koh Lanta. Palm Beach Divers team consists of instructors and dive masters communicating fluently in Thai, English, Polish, French, German, and Russian. They will make sure your diving in Lanta is the best experience you might have! Palm Beach Divers, Lanta operates all year.
Montreal, Canada
“Great experience!!!”
Reviewed 25 February 2014

We did 10 dives with them and would definelty recommend PBD to people wanting to dive Koh Lanta with a professional center. The staff was great, friendly and helpful. Equipment was relatively new and they put it in a bag labeled with your name to make sure you get the same gear on every dive. The boat was big, comfortable with fresh water on board to rinse off gear. They provided breakfast, lunch, snacks and soft drinks. The diving teams were well put together by level of experience and air consumption which was greatly appreciated because we got to do one hour long dives. We found that for every little thing that wasn't perfect, they really went out of their way to find solutions and make it a pleasurable experience. Only points to improve: it can be a bit crowded on days where we went to snorkeling sites.
We would go back to this center anytime for the staff and professionalism and overall experience. Merci Dom, Kath et toute l'équipe!
Castor and Pollux ;)

Visited February 2014

• Polish first
Antwerp, Belgium
45 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 69 helpful votes
“Professional diving center”
Reviewed 15 February 2014

We did two dives with Palm Beach Divers near Koh Phi Phi. The first and only negative apect was the price. We paid 3500 baht per person for two dives. This was a trip from 7AM to 3PM, which had breakfast, lunch and equipment included. Koh Tao is probably a cheaper diving spot but this dive spots have lots more species (we even saw a leopard shark). The service is really nice, they carry and prepare all your equipment for you, before and after the dive. Our instructor Claus showed us while diving the different fish to see, which we would not notice by our own. Really great experience.

Visited February 2014
Val d'Isere, France
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 3 helpful votes
“Don't go anywhere else!”
Reviewed 27 January 2014

I had quite an unpleasant diving experience in Australia a few years ago where I went on a Discovery Dive, which almost put me off this activity. Coming to Thailand, I thought I'd give it another try. We stayed on Long Beach in Koh Lanta, and visited several dives shops before deciding for Palm Beach Divers. They have the right mix of being professional, yet relaxed and give you plenty of options how to proceed - and that at your own time!

I signed up for another Discovery Dive, got an introduction in their pool the first day, and went on two dives the second day - which were all fabulous! My instructor Christelle completely managed to make me feel comfortable and after the first nervousness was gone I could completely enjoy the whole experience.

After that day I decided to sign up for the Open Water course - and it was possible to simply "upgrade" the Discovery Dive to Open Water, so I didn't have to pay the complete fee all over again.

Unfortunately I suffered from an ear infection the next day, and wasn't allowed to go into the water for 10 days, so I had to cancel the course. I stayed in Thailand for another while, and made another attempt for the Open Water licence on Koh Tao, but what can I say: horrible diving school, inexperienced instructor, all the ease I felt with Palm Beach Divers was gone again.

If I get the chance to come back to Thailand any time soon, I will definitely choose Palm Beach Divers again to finally get my Open Water licence, and hopefully move on with the next steps as well!

Highly recommended, don't go anywhere else!!

Visited January 2014
Montreal, Quebec, Canada
“Wonderful! Highly recommended!”
Reviewed 22 January 2014

While in Koh Lanta last December, my friend and I were introduced to Kath. We found her very lovely and resourceful. I was curions about diving and she answered all our questions and encouraged us to give it a try in the pool first and to experience the Discovery course. We were thrilled to be doing all of this in French. Our instructor Christelle was very nice and made us feel at ease. I felt safe all the time and she contributed to making each dive (6 in total) a relaxing experience. I am most greateful to them for having encouraged me to get my Open Water training and certification. Palm Beach Divers offered an outstanding service, from A to Z. The centre is well located. They have their on pool and boat. They arrange for hotel pick-up. I have enjoyed every moment there and had beautiful dives. Kath, Dom and their team are processional and helpful. My time with PBD was the highlight of my stay in Koh Lanta. Merci beaucoup!

Visited December 2013
Windsor, United Kingdom
“Very good experience”
Reviewed 18 January 2014

Hi, PBD is a very well organised compagny with very professional staff with lots of experience.

Very good experience for children as well.

Excellent spots. Still, you need between 90 minutes and 2 hours to get on site by boat mainly towards Phi Phi.

Having dived in different diving centers, i would highly recommend PBD.

Last but not least, very friendly staff.

See you next year:-)