“Good if you want relaxation”

Lanta Top View Resort
Ranked #118 of 210 Speciality Lodging in Ko Lanta
Bexley, United Kingdom
“Good if you want relaxation”
Reviewed 11 April 2013

I was recommended this place by a travel agent from Phi Phi. I dont think they understood what I was looking for.

The room was very spacious and air con worked perfectly well, I was expecting a better shower though. As my room was amongst the trees, you could hear the crickets and other bugs outside making nosies. Wasnt too much of a problem for me though, and luckily enough they didnt get in. Dont recall any English channels on TV. Again not too much of a problem but would have been nice.

The resort itself was very nice. Bar/restaurant overlooking the beach and sea. and fantastic at sunset. The staff were very friendly also and would help with any query I had, and probably best place to hire a moped. The beach is a short walk down a hill, and at times I was the only person on the beach.Good but at times incredibly boring. I was told this was the best beach on the island. Hmmm. I felt a bit let down by that statement and maybe I was expecting too much. Although it was lovely, I have been better beaches. In fact I preferred Long Beach on Koh Lanta, purely for the fact there was more to do. I was luckily enough to meet some other travellers here and they made my stay a whole lot more enjoyable.

If you are someone wanting to get away from it all, stay here. you'll love it. Any form of nightlife is miles away. A hired moped is your best option. There is literally nothing to do but read books.Although they do provide some games to play i.e Jenga. and some evenings the staff bring out there guitar and have a sing song. (Not too roudy and noisy though). I personally would have stayed in a livelier/built up area and then come here for 1 evening, which I would thoroughly recommend

• Stayed December 2012, travelled solo
4 Thank Sarge4280

Business
Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (3)
Helsinki, Finland
Reviewed 27 March 2013 via mobile

We stayed one week. Atmosphere on this resort is relaxed. Food is good. If you don't mind to be a little bit more far from the beach, I can recommend Lanta Top View. It is good to rent motorbike, with that you can explore island more easily and it is way much cheaper than taxis around Koh Lanta.

• Stayed March 2013
2 Thank folivora
Saalfeld, Germany
Reviewed 1 March 2013

The owners of the resort were lovely and very helpful. TopView is situated on top of the hill, and walking there is not for everyone, but not too much. Room was ok and the beds too. Don't book the cheapest bungalows. Eating and drinking is okay. There are better equiped bungalows at Kanting Bay but the view is absolutely the best!

• Stayed February 2013, travelled as a couple
Helsinki, Finland
Reviewed 4 January 2013

The family who owned the resort was just super lovely and helpful.
The resort is situated on top of the hill, and walking there is a bit of an exercise, but not too much.
Room was ok and beds were good enough. Kantiang bay was really nice, beautiful and quiet beach to stay.
I can recommend this one and maybe could go there again by myself.

• Stayed December 2012, travelled with family
Reviewed 11 December 2012

Bad things first, our aircon and shower were broken when we arrived but were fixed within hours. The rooms could do with a little TLC certainly, but unless you spend your life in your room this shouldnt be a problem. The is a short steep hill to the resort but as long as your not wearing heels its fine.
The resort views are amazing, and even if you don't stay here then come up for a drink and seafood BBQ.
We thought of moving after a few hours but we are so glad we changed our mind, in the end we even extended our stay by three days we loved it so much.
The family that run it are the most friendly people i have ever met. Bang will see to your every need and then bring you a drink with a smile.
If we go back to koh lanta no question about it, we would stay here without a second thought!
We met a lot of people here that were so friendly, brilliant atmosphere

• Stayed December 2012, travelled with friends
1 Thank Rob T
Melbourne
Reviewed 4 September 2012

My boyfriend proposed to me while watching the sun set over the 360 ocean views from the restaurant. He couldn't have picked a better spot in the world.

Cheap, good value accommodation, in beautiful surrounds, run by a friendly, helpful, gorgeous family who truly make you feel like valued guests in their home.

Just a relaxing, happy place.

• Stayed August 2012, travelled as a couple
London
Reviewed 30 August 2012

Plenty of frogs accompany you at the top of this cliff. Lush palm groves and tropical trees overhang hill side pathways, skirting Kan Tiang Bay. This is the highest viewpoint over KanTiang Bay and also has the added bonus of a spectacular view from the cliff top towards the '5 Fingers' rock formation out to sea. Hamocks under bamboo structures to relax, eat and drink were the ideal way to take in the tranquility. Our first room was a bamboo shack under the vegetation set back from the hill side. A number of creepy crawlies kept us company, with the welcome absence of Mosquitoes. There was a cooling sea breeze which I guess drove them off. The night we arrived, a huge sword fish was brought out and laid on ice to be filleted for the BBQ. Although it was caught locally and stored well, it wasnt looking particularly fresh, cloudy eyes and discoloured flesh. We opted for smaller whole fish which had been brought up the hill by the young boy fisherman that afternoon. We moved rooms after the first night to a concrete self contained room with onsuite, balcony and large bedroom. Tiled throughout it was clean and cool. Cheap too. We hired a moped and toured the island, exploring other resorts, laneways and dirt tracks. I spent one day snorkelling with a spear gun that the hostel owner lent to me. Didnt catch a thing apart from a wicked sun burn. Next time i'll wear a tshirt. Beautiful snorkelling along the bottom of the cliff. Lots of lovely colorful fish. Although we didnt spend much time there, the hostel was good. Nothing spectacular but a welcoming vibe, nice bar, friendly crowd, cheap rooms, and best of all the views! Worth a stay just to see these.

Room Tip: Rent a moped to see the island. Borrow the speargun and catch your lunch.